• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

boredom

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
really, is there anything worse than boredom? :cry:

I've found that even when things are going badly, as long as they're GOING it's better than stagnation in a way... the stillness works like a self destruct sequence on my brain in a way...

The worst part is that it seems to work in a loop... bored -> depressed about being bored -> inaction -> more boredom... I need to break the loop :doh:

I know I'm not the only one like this... now someone give me a kick in the ass in the right direction! :laugh:

gromit

likes this
I can relate to that cycle! Well maybe mine is more like doing nothing >> depressed about doing nothing >> doing nothing some more. At least in the winter time especially.

I think even something as simple as going for a walk or bike ride can break the cycle. When I am moving then I feel like there is hope or something. Especially if I see other people. Also, if it is long enough, you'll work up an appetite and then you'll want to cook/eat.

Or are we talking at a bigger scale than just feeling bored for a few minutes to a few hours?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm slipping into one of my bored phases where it gets hard to slip out of the whole monotony of things for more than a few hours... I'm not even bored with all the aspects of my life, just one, and it's driving me batty :boohoo:

movement is essential... without it I die...

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i didn't know you sat still!

i'm currently in a similar rut. i'm thinking about exercising (imagine??).

are you in a position to get in a car and drive for a bit? that might be the least appealing thing, but i don't drive so i don't know. seems nice, though.

gromit's right about hunger!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really sit still well... but I'm stuck in one location... horror of horrors! :horor:

and at least exercize can bring the pleasures of feeling your muscles move in a way... though probably not the first thing that a stereotypical infp would think of :tongue:

the state doesn't want for me to drive, so I bicycle everywhere... and it's been raining lately :boohoo: I'm so used to being able to jump in my car and go whenever I wanted to that I'm sure that's not helping anything! :sadbanana:

and I'm pretty much always hungry... and not just for food, but for life in general :ninja:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
says the 7...it's the curse whatever...you should probably rearrange your house. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm threatening to do so... :ninja:

or at least rearrange my domain... aka the kitchen! :laugh:

gromit

likes this
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm slipping into one of my bored phases where it gets hard to slip out of the whole monotony of things for more than a few hours... I'm not even bored with all the aspects of my life, just one, and it's driving me batty :boohoo:

movement is essential... without it I die...

What is the one aspect?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have way too much free time and not enough to do! :boohoo:

gromit

likes this
Like, do you feel like you need a little bit of structure to help you to do the things you want to do?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just need direction almost... and for there to be more openings for volunteer work and such :dry:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
oh bless ya .. Yep, know that feeling.

I have a stash of books for those moments and today i brought 2 canvases so i am going to paint at some point .. Watch out the next Van Gogh is lurking in the mist .. Yeah we'll see.

Volunteer work sounds like a good idea or rearranging the kitchen, lol.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what I really kind of want to do is paint the walls bright colors... I don't think that would go over all too well, however :ninja:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
really, is there anything worse than boredom? :cry:

I've found that even when things are going badly, as long as they're GOING it's better than stagnation in a way... the stillness works like a self destruct sequence on my brain in a way...

The worst part is that it seems to work in a loop... bored -> depressed about being bored -> inaction -> more boredom... I need to break the loop :doh:

I know I'm not the only one like this... now someone give me a kick in the ass in the right direction! :laugh:

Boredom is kryptonite to ESTPs. SERIOUSLY. It fooks me up like nothing else, and can very easily trigger depressive symptoms in me. That is honestly why I lead such an industrious life, I don't have a chance to be bored, I am over committed for the next year! :doh: :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I WISH I was overbooked! :laugh:

Instead I had the misfortune of picking up a women's magazine while waiting for a prescription the other day and running across an article "is your man depressed?"... I concluded that I must be a depressed man momentarily before thinking HOLY SHIT... I NEED TO DO SOMETHING! :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm bored too and would totally come over to rearrange and paint your house with you. ...while we have wine and make a pie. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that would be so fun!!! :holy:

and we could paint it bright colors and make vases for flowers out of left over liquor bottles :ninja:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes!! and break in your neighbors yard to pick flowers for them...it would be fantastic...and now i'm really craving pie. my roommate mentioned chocolate pecan pie...mmm...know how to make it?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do know how to make it! :cheese:

lemon pie is rather delicious as well... we could make 2 pies! :holy:

and my neighbors have some lovely flowers that would look GREAT in vases :ninja:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oooh i'm so excited! the boy won't mind coming home to multicolored walls too much if we make pie right?