User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: boredom

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default boredom

really, is there anything worse than boredom?

I've found that even when things are going badly, as long as they're GOING it's better than stagnation in a way... the stillness works like a self destruct sequence on my brain in a way...

The worst part is that it seems to work in a loop... bored -> depressed about being bored -> inaction -> more boredom... I need to break the loop

I know I'm not the only one like this... now someone give me a kick in the ass in the right direction!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I can relate to that cycle! Well maybe mine is more like doing nothing >> depressed about doing nothing >> doing nothing some more. At least in the winter time especially.

I think even something as simple as going for a walk or bike ride can break the cycle. When I am moving then I feel like there is hope or something. Especially if I see other people. Also, if it is long enough, you'll work up an appetite and then you'll want to cook/eat.

Or are we talking at a bigger scale than just feeling bored for a few minutes to a few hours?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm slipping into one of my bored phases where it gets hard to slip out of the whole monotony of things for more than a few hours... I'm not even bored with all the aspects of my life, just one, and it's driving me batty

movement is essential... without it I die...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i didn't know you sat still!

i'm currently in a similar rut. i'm thinking about exercising (imagine??).

are you in a position to get in a car and drive for a bit? that might be the least appealing thing, but i don't drive so i don't know. seems nice, though.

gromit's right about hunger!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't really sit still well... but I'm stuck in one location... horror of horrors! :horor:

and at least exercize can bring the pleasures of feeling your muscles move in a way... though probably not the first thing that a stereotypical infp would think of

the state doesn't want for me to drive, so I bicycle everywhere... and it's been raining lately I'm so used to being able to jump in my car and go whenever I wanted to that I'm sure that's not helping anything!

and I'm pretty much always hungry... and not just for food, but for life in general

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

says the 7...it's the curse whatever...you should probably rearrange your house.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm threatening to do so...

or at least rearrange my domain... aka the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm slipping into one of my bored phases where it gets hard to slip out of the whole monotony of things for more than a few hours... I'm not even bored with all the aspects of my life, just one, and it's driving me batty

movement is essential... without it I die...
    What is the one aspect?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have way too much free time and not enough to do!

Like, do you feel like you need a little bit of structure to help you to do the things you want to do?