User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Pretending the stress isn't real
    Yes
    I try to finish what I
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Ginkgo

In case you were wondering, I am inquiring about stress because I have been pretty bogged down in work recently. When this happens, I typically space out or procrastinate. If I space out for extended period of time, I can manifest connection after connection with an "N-fest". However, there have been moments when I just sat their staring at the wall for up to 30 minutes without regarding the task at hand.

So, I theorize about alternative methods of stress reduction.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    In case you were wondering, I am inquiring about stress because I have been pretty bogged down in work recently. When this happens, I typically space out or procrastinate. If I space out for extended period of time, I can manifest connection after connection with an "N-fest". However, there have been moments when I just sat their staring at the wall for up to 30 minutes without regarding the task at hand.

So, I theorize about alternative methods of stress reduction.
    Dude, when I had a normal job I would go weeks without doing anything. My guess is, you're doing fine at work, so don't sweat it. Relax and get some rest.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I absorb stress and digest it until there is nothing left.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I think you need to relax and get some rest. If you're an INFP and you keep pushing yourself to burn out you may become immobilized. Don't push yourself to be something you're not. Take time to simply BE. LIVE. BREATHE. Chillax and do things that you enjoy. Find a quiet spot, that's what I do.

I really don't like to freak out on people, or do other things to make myself fail. That's why I know it's important to rest and have privacy and personal space and free time. Take a walk in nature, take a nap, read a novel, hang out with your pets, whatever it is that you need to recharge.

Once you recharge, then you'll enjoy your work a lot more, or at least be more productive at it. And that's a good thing, right? Keeping your sanity whilst doing the best job you can?

MBTI
    ISTP

Default How Do You Handle Stress?

Who says we have to allow a state of stress to settle on us?

I don't.

MBTI
    INTP

Weight-training (when I can...)
    Yes
    Get high on coffee

Actually I don't know if coffee really makes me focus so much as it invokes euphoric thought provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I try to finish what I
    lol

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I am curious.

• How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)
    • Does stress make it hard for you to focus?
    • What do you do to stay focused?
    • Support your answers with examples and reasoning if possible.

Thank you.
    Being the worlds worst procrastinator I'm used to quite a bit of stress when a deadline or exam is coming up. However, I'm hardly ever overwhelmed by it. In the rare occasions that I am.

* I look at what the cause of my stress is and ask myself how I can resolve the issue, usually this means doing the work I didn't do earlier.

* When I'm stressed I am usually more focused then when I'm not stressed. In general, when I'm not focused I take some time for myself. Get some tea or a beer if it's appropriate at that time and place, and then go do something else for 15 minutes. Sometimes I go for a walk around town or I go to the gym for an hour. Basically, take my mind completely of the task at hand for a while.

* When I'm focused on something and need to remain it, I try to get in flow. If I put on music I make sure it's a playlist of at least a couple of hours so I don't have to go and change it. When I'm at work and I can't listen to music I make sure there are no distractions. I'm a very auditive person though, and can't stand total silence.

*GOA/Psy trance is a genre of music that has 'flow' written all over it for me, it is a fast paced very steady type of trance, that just fades into my head instead of drawing my attention to it, so most of the time when I have to work I put on the Psytrance channel on Digitally Imported - Addictive Electronic Music.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i deal with the stress untill the stressfull situation is over
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    9w8

How do you manage stress? (mentalities, activities, etc.)
    Distraction, walking outside when it is cold and windy, looking at the moon, focussing on something other than what is plaguing me - going to the museum, reading, etc. Allowing myself to calm down so I can approach the stress with more aplomb than I would in the midst of an internal freakout (which normally has no outward signs except a blank expression).

Also, on occasion airing the thoughts to someone I trust helps immensely. Simply not having to cage them and have them keep bouncing around gaining speed and fervor exponentially within my brain assists in breathing.

Also: riding my motorcycle, being hugged, physical exertion.

Support your answers with examples and reasoning if possible.
    The only kind of things that really, truly get to me are the insidious ones - the thoughts or worries that pop into yon brain and can't be confirmed or denied until ye talk to the person involved, as my only real stressors come from other people. This is no comment on the quality of people, but the fact that for everything else in my life - as stressful and hectic as it gets sometimes - the solution lies in my hands, my actions.

Everything else just seems to roll off me like water on vertical glass.

But as it is, I normally tell myself not to worry, and ignore it to get things done. This works until another worry pops up, and another, until... say, a third one occurs, and then I am overwhelmed, unable to function properly. I am reminded of all the normal things - I have too much to do and not enough time to do it, so much work in academics and my job that I don't have time for 'me' much of the time and do what feels like a lot of work in my relationships, too... anyway! This plus the new worries overwhelm me, and I am paralysed. It seems like all my body wishes to do is relax, and I simply cannot focus.

Does stress make it hard for you to focus?
    Ha! Last line of the above paragraph.

What do you do to stay focused?
    Unless it is absolutely necessary, if I'm past the tipping point I am unable to do so, and need to get out of the funk first. If I am at work I will do as much as possible, or if I have an academic deadline.