User Tag List

Default ISFP and Jealousy

Last edited by hoodpoor84; 05-29-2010 at 03:46 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Is this all so far?

Well my experience is limited with ISFPs but they seem pretty good at verbalizing when they are jealous (re affection kind of jealousy not so much envy/coveting goods) At the same time I don't know if its type specific (maybe that would be an interesting thread of its own) but had a challenging time talking a ISFP down from a bout of jealousy. It felt as if I was dealing with unyielding emotions and speaking logically was not the most direct course.

For example:

ISFP: I don't mind you talking to other girls...but on my birthday!
    Me: Its not your birthday
    ISFP: well my birthday is this week...I am celebrating my birthday all week
    Me: Of course you are; how could I have been so thoughtless? (unable to hide note of sarcasm) :rolli:
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yeah, I have a female isfp friend who is in an 'open marriage.' She admits to jealousy, although she would never lose her calm, cool demeanor over it, at least not easily. She likes being the most beautiful, the most sought after, and it bothers her that she isn't very sexually receptive, so she's afraid of women who are, and feels competition with that. I've seen her drippingly cling to her man when other hot women are around to assert her place. While she'll express and experience jealousy (in an apparently calm way), she would probably not verbalize it much, but just shut down and close off instead--seek her own avenue of fulfillments.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Yeah, I have a female isfp friend who is in an 'open marriage.' She admits to jealousy, although she would never lose her calm, cool demeanor over it, at least not easily. She likes being the most beautiful, the most sought after, and it bothers her that she isn't very sexually receptive, so she's afraid of women who are, and feels competition with that. I've seen her drippingly cling to her man when other hot women are around to assert her place. While she'll express and experience jealousy (in an apparently calm way), she would probably not verbalize it much, but just shut down and close off instead--seek her own avenue of fulfillments.
    I always found this endearing in my ISFP partners. They have such a knack for being cute at the most inappropriate moments that it's impossible to stay at mad them. And when they get like that (all clingy, when other hot babes are around) It usually means you are in for some hardcore loving later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I always found this endearing in my ISFP partners. They have such a knack for being cute at the most inappropriate moments that it's impossible to stay at mad them. And when they get like that (all clingy, when other hot babes are around) It usually means you are in for some hardcore loving later.
    Yeah changing the subject to sex/sensuality ( or simply not obstructing them when they change the subject to this) seems to get them off the the jealousy kick for awhile.

If they do however allow themselves to be encumbered with too much jealousy for too long it seems as if they get in a mindset for some evil revenge...perhaps this is just me being paranoid too.

Regardless, I try and take a few preemptive steps to limit the degree of jealousy my ISFP may be feeling (whereas in some other types I might intentionally crank it up a notch).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

This could be projecting theories on to her, but I find that when my ISFP is jealous, she suddenly becomes 'closer' to those who she considers a threat? It seems that when I befriend someone, it is almost like a competition to win them over. She likes to charm them, so they prefer her over myself.

When drunken creepers hit on me, however, she becomes incredibly protective. :P I think it has something to do with me being smaller than her, which brings out her nurturing side.
    Um, yeah.
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    When drunken creepers hit on me, however, she becomes incredibly protective. :P I think it has something to do with me being smaller than her, which brings out her nurturing side.
    Lol, yeah had this little sister of my good friend come up to me at a party and grab me giving me this teasing nickname she always called me. ISFP went into a transmorphism from a soft shy forest nymph into a harsh worded Charles Bronson ice killa and snapped sharply at friends sister who looked really scared and shocked.

To tell the truth I kinda liked it. Even though the response was entirely unnecessary it still kinda felt ISFP was my heroine.