• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP and Jealousy

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is this all so far?

Well my experience is limited with ISFPs but they seem pretty good at verbalizing when they are jealous (re affection kind of jealousy not so much envy/coveting goods) At the same time I don't know if its type specific (maybe that would be an interesting thread of its own) but had a challenging time talking a ISFP down from a bout of jealousy. It felt as if I was dealing with unyielding emotions and speaking logically was not the most direct course.

For example:

ISFP: I don't mind you talking to other girls...but on my birthday!
Me: Its not your birthday
ISFP: well my birthday is this week...I am celebrating my birthday all week
Me: Of course you are; how could I have been so thoughtless? (unable to hide note of sarcasm) :rolli:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I have a female isfp friend who is in an 'open marriage.' She admits to jealousy, although she would never lose her calm, cool demeanor over it, at least not easily. She likes being the most beautiful, the most sought after, and it bothers her that she isn't very sexually receptive, so she's afraid of women who are, and feels competition with that. I've seen her drippingly cling to her man when other hot women are around to assert her place. While she'll express and experience jealousy (in an apparently calm way), she would probably not verbalize it much, but just shut down and close off instead--seek her own avenue of fulfillments.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I have a female isfp friend who is in an 'open marriage.' She admits to jealousy, although she would never lose her calm, cool demeanor over it, at least not easily. She likes being the most beautiful, the most sought after, and it bothers her that she isn't very sexually receptive, so she's afraid of women who are, and feels competition with that. I've seen her drippingly cling to her man when other hot women are around to assert her place. While she'll express and experience jealousy (in an apparently calm way), she would probably not verbalize it much, but just shut down and close off instead--seek her own avenue of fulfillments.

I always found this endearing in my ISFP partners. They have such a knack for being cute at the most inappropriate moments that it's impossible to stay at mad them. And when they get like that (all clingy, when other hot babes are around) It usually means you are in for some hardcore loving later. :wubbie:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I always found this endearing in my ISFP partners. They have such a knack for being cute at the most inappropriate moments that it's impossible to stay at mad them. And when they get like that (all clingy, when other hot babes are around) It usually means you are in for some hardcore loving later. :wubbie:

Yeah changing the subject to sex/sensuality ( or simply not obstructing them when they change the subject to this) seems to get them off the the jealousy kick for awhile.

If they do however allow themselves to be encumbered with too much jealousy for too long it seems as if they get in a mindset for some evil revenge...perhaps this is just me being paranoid too.

Regardless, I try and take a few preemptive steps to limit the degree of jealousy my ISFP may be feeling (whereas in some other types I might intentionally crank it up a notch).

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This could be projecting theories on to her, but I find that when my ISFP is jealous, she suddenly becomes 'closer' to those who she considers a threat? It seems that when I befriend someone, it is almost like a competition to win them over. She likes to charm them, so they prefer her over myself.

When drunken creepers hit on me, however, she becomes incredibly protective. :p I think it has something to do with me being smaller than her, which brings out her nurturing side.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When drunken creepers hit on me, however, she becomes incredibly protective. :p I think it has something to do with me being smaller than her, which brings out her nurturing side.

Lol, yeah had this little sister of my good friend come up to me at a party and grab me giving me this teasing nickname she always called me. ISFP went into a transmorphism from a soft shy forest nymph into a harsh worded Charles Bronson ice killa and snapped sharply at friends sister who looked really scared and shocked.

To tell the truth I kinda liked it. Even though the response was entirely unnecessary it still kinda felt ISFP was my heroine.