• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introspection:

T

ThatGirl

Have you ever analyzed yourself into the point there was nothing new to look at?

As a kid I analyzed my body and physical presence, as a teenager my spirituality, in my twenties my mind, and now I sometimes dabble with emotions (I get those but have yet to be able to accurately predict their meaning).

But self analysis leads to a slammed door effect. It is addictive to learn about yourself and use that to gain better tools in life and a broader understanding. Then one day, you can no longer come up with anything new, or unlock an unknown feature.

I am starting to get restless, wondering what else can I do? Craving that ability to wow at myself again. I think building new skills and becoming successful are a good way to start, but those are so cut and dry. They take time to develop and in the meantime my brain still craves.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has ever experienced something like this?

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
Not really, because there are still a lot of questions that are inside of me that I haven't really worked out yet. Also, I can't always figure out the deeper reasons behind some of my actions and thoughts.

I don't know what to do in your case. I think you can get that similar 'wow' factor from being around people whose insights expand your mind.

I guess at least try to be happy that you've gotten to know yourself pretty well.

KDude

There's so much I could do, I think. Develop more patience, organization, more health consciousness... learn a new instrument. I'm more stumped on how to change the world, but I never run out of ideas on how to improve myself (and maybe, indirectly, I help others out through whatever skills I pick up). And I agree, new people can help spark that wow factor.

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well I'm younger than you, so I don't know how I'll see it if I'm your age, but I think actually there is always something new to learn and discover.
First because the things in the world outside yourself constantly change, so you always experience new things, and by these new things you have always new mental reactions or issues of whatever. Maybe you could see the world outside as mirror for the world inside of you...
Furthermore, because you can always introspect of introspection itself. You are a consious being, but what is consiousness? What's the difference between your consiousness in everyday life and in dreams? What if the world is actually a dream? What is more real your consiousness, thoughts and feelings or the material world outside? Enough to learn and think about, I think so...
Good luck. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Almost all of my well developed functions, with the exception of Ti, are Extroverted functions... I actually think that some of my introverted functions were better developed when I was younger, but something happened and there's not much good to look at in there anymore... so I quit looking... why bother when you know :)

I prefer the outside world... that's what I focus on :cheese:

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I think that a person can look within himself/herself too much. Over time people mature and learn more about the world, and in this sense people can continually learn more about themselves.

"Too much introspection at a time," is something that I've done before, I don't know if the same applies to you, but I'd get so caught up in analyzing myself and trying to improve myself that after a while I felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere, that I was just getting nitpicky. Plus I didn't want to think about myself all of the time, it was skewing the way I looked at the world around me. It was addictive to me too in the beginning, I'm only thankful now that I can cut back.

You're not too interested in developing new skill sets or becoming successful...might I suggest another hobby? It's such a contrived response to give, but in many cases it's actually quite helpful, if you invest yourself well.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I think that a person can look within himself/herself too much. Over time people mature and learn more about the world, and in this sense people can continually learn more about themselves.

"Too much introspection at a time," is something that I've done before, I don't know if the same applies to you, but I'd get so caught up in analyzing myself and trying to improve myself that after a while I felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere, that I was just getting nitpicky. Plus I didn't want to think about myself all of the time, it was skewing the way I looked at the world around me. It was addictive to me too in the beginning, I'm only thankful now that I can cut back.

You're not too interested in developing new skill sets or becoming successful...might I suggest another hobby? It's such a contrived response to give, but in many cases it's actually quite helpful, if you invest yourself well.

exactly, just do some stuff and learn from your surroundings some more, you'd think an extraverted function would be required to feed introversion properly.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have yet to experience everything that comes with living. With each experience, tumultuous or steady, an underlying facet of our personality is utilized. You will observe and "analyze" these developments. You have done this your entire life, as you've stated. It doesn't end, it never ends. It merely unfolds.

Most people will never find what they are looking for within themselves, but rather they will settle on an alternate dream or reality. This is how they "go on" in life, whether in fantasy or truth.

I, personally, have not the slightest of what I want from myself. I've done everything you've done: all of the stages, the analyzing, though the depth of this all will of course vary, due to the factors of personality, intelligence, experiences, etc., which are all important in the grand equation.

I can say that, yes, I've gone and go through similar things.
I cannot, however, give you a solution. The greatest minds in the world have given us words of wisdom, yes, but each will find an inadequacy in this. There is never a finite solution in the end.

I suggest you find something in what you feel, this "restlessness", and analyze that itself. This may not work for you; it is failing to work for me, but I suppose it's worth a try if you want to move on. Then again, I am 15. I cannot say that I've had much "real world" experience, but I do have my personality and my brain, and I have to work with that for now. Eh?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You have yet to experience everything that comes with living. With each experience, tumultuous or steady, an underlying facet of our personality is utilized. You will observe and "analyze" these developments. You have done this your entire life, as you've stated. It doesn't end, it never ends. It merely unfolds.

Most people will never find what they are looking for within themselves, but rather they will settle on an alternate dream or reality. This is how they "go on" in life, whether in fantasy or truth.

I, personally, have not the slightest of what I want from myself. I've done everything you've done: all of the stages, the analyzing, though the depth of this all will of course vary, due to the factors of personality, intelligence, experiences, etc., which are all important in the grand equation.

I can say that, yes, I've gone and go through similar things.
I cannot, however, give you a solution. The greatest minds in the world have given us words of wisdom, yes, but each will find an inadequacy in this. There is never a finite solution in the end.

I suggest you find something in what you feel, this "restlessness", and analyze that itself. This may not work for you; it is failing to work for me, but I suppose it's worth a try if you want to move on. Then again, I am 15. I cannot say that I've had much "real world" experience, but I do have my personality and my brain, and I have to work with that for now. Eh?

A very profound and insightful statement for a 15yo!:happy0065: