User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Angry why the f$%^ am I so angry?!

I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something

I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why

why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You are normal.. people without problems are the ones you need to worry about.

Get a crap job with hours all over the place.. then you will be too tired to be angry.. works for me.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that just tends to give me a REASON to be angry then!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    You are normal.. people without problems are the ones you need to worry about.
    Christopher Titus ladies and gentlemen!

[YOUTUBE="f17rgcjFmWU"]Normal?[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Learn to disable your anger
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

how?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    how?
    It's easier said than done...and it'll take time..and a lot of effort. But it is possible to learn how to disable an emotion, especially a 'chronic' one.

It however requires you to flex the thing that's probably alien to you...Fi. Self-reflection on why it is that you are in fact angry at the world/life/whatever it is you're angry at, is a must. And no, there are no easy answers. But once you find the core of that..that's step one.

Step two would involve analyzing why it is that that thing pisses you off so. Creating understanding for the person you are, and the thing that so grates you.

Step three is to delevop a new way of looking at that situation, one that doesn't call for anger, but for understanding. One that gives you the tools to deal with this situation in a more rational way, in a way that doesn't drain your energy by causing anger (coz make no mistake, anger is a frigging energy vampire).

Step four is implementing it. And don't get me wrong, you'll, especially at first, still get angry. But you'll learn, by understanding where it comes from, how to disable it, and counter it with the new mental attitude you're trying to create towards it as you notice you're getting angry. Awareness is key though, as is the will to change and look at life in a less confrontational way.

As I said..easier said than done. But it is possible. I did it with envy, anger and infatuation. Still working on fear though. That's my Everest.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I've tried to figure it out... my shrink even tried to figure it out... I don't have a clue why it's there even

*sigh* and I TRY to develop Fi... it's not an easy task for me

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah... I've tried to figure it out... my shrink even tried to figure it out... I don't have a clue why it's there even

*sigh* and I TRY to develop Fi... it's not an easy task for me
    I'm no shrink, but imo all you need really is a lot of determination and someone you trust and can use as a sounding board
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Whatever, Do you have a creative outlet? Do you think perhaps creative energy in you is blocked and is festering? You are sure it isn't depression (doesn't require a reason) right? For some people depression expresses itself as hostility and annoyance with everything.

I want you to feel at peace, Whatev.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism