User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 93

  1. #81
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    distractions are the greatest thing ever!!!!

    the less time I spend thinking the happier I am
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #82
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I think anger, like depression, is a sign that we are out of sync with how we are instinctively made to live. If you think about how for millions of years homo sapiens have been evolving into this body and way of being, our innate natural instincts are what is the default in us. However, over just a thousand years or so, and especially in the last 100, we have begun living in distinctly different ways than evolution prepared us for. This disparity is what causes us to experience grief on many levels; physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, etc. Anger, depression, denial are all part of that natural response; it's nature's way of telling us something is not right. I disagree with modern thinking that happiness is not to be expected. Anthropologists found in studying cultures untouched by modern progress, that the people were inherently happy, although they had hard lives, and they didn't even really understand the concept of depression--nor have a word for it. They did not grieve as commonly as we grieve. We grieve chronically. There are so many layers it is difficult to see.

    What to do? Live as instinctively as you can. Listen to your instincts. Simplify your life. Live with less. Desire less. Work more. Rest better. I firmly believe this is a common and collective problem, but it shouldn't be 'normal.' Only by living more closely to how we were meant to live, will we feel right within ourselves, and that will overflow into our families and even culture.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  3. #83
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something

    I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

    I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

    I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why

    why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works?
    Could be a biological issue. The biochemical reactions in your brain may function differently due to structural inefficiencies. Some individuals are more aggressive than others and are prone to violent outbursts due to genetic factors; which has been known for some time now.

    If it is biological, there is nothing that can be performed to correct it at the moment. Hopefully in the future, some form of legalized eugenics will be utilized to help individuals (and society) with your problem.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  4. #84
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Were not off topic we are helping Se with distraction Then she cant blame her coping skills, but our distraction skills.
    Some of us know our -STPs, especially Poki, who is one!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  5. #85
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    I actually explained it a few pages back, and in my blog... that there IS a reason... and it keeps in theme of the fact that my life is too much like a movie

    but AA is right in a way... nature is my happy place... I feel more at peace there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #86
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    If it is biological, there is nothing that can be performed to correct it at the moment. Hopefully in the future, some form of legalized eugenics will be utilized to help individuals (and society) with your problem.
    Pardon? I'm truly hoping I misunderstood the implications of that comment.

    But I don't think so...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  7. #87
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    seemingly he missed this quote, which if he read it might make him seem more like an asshole, but being lex, he probably read it and is that much of a bastard anyways

    CRIME VICTIM... NOT PSYCHO KILLER :rolli:


    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:

    I'm even more angry at the knowlege that the same thing happens to people every day and they get the same response... where is justice?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have a nice home, a wonderful man, a loving family and my job plans are even starting to pan out... and yet somewhere in the back of my mind, and in my muscles, I feel an overwhelming need to punch something

    I don't get it... it's like underneath the surface I'm amazingly angry about something... and I can't even figure out what! I've always been known for having a flash temper in my family and by my friends- I'm quick to set off and I get over the actual being angry quite quickly as well... but for some reason, for just about as long as I can remember, there's been some sense of being angry sitting somewhere farther back in my mind

    I KNOW it's not right- I have nothing to be mad about that consistently... and to express it towards someone or something undeserving is against my beleifs in decency and politeness... so it just sits there and waits and occasionally seeps out a bit towards those who are deemed deserving of some snark

    I've spent years in therapy, I used to box, I get plenty of exercize and it won't leave... I don't know why

    why the fuck can't I just be normal? I can't even think of a reason for this! Anyone else identify... or better yet- does anyone have a solution that works?

    My mom was an ESTP and had the same problem . . . .
    I think it is the need for continual fun and adventure. You need to plan some more fun in your life . . . even if you have to go it alone. ESTPs like challenges . . . maybe your life is too predictable?

    Also, do you feel taken advantage of by your family because they don't SHOW their love to you in the way you need? Maybe you need to have a shared adventure but hubby doesn't really like having fun in the same way you do?

    (These are just guesses).


    Anyway, here's hoping that you are able to gain insight.

  9. #89
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    yeah... I'm threatening to go mountain biking on Sunday if I can get through the traffic... doing nothing makes me introspect and introspection drives me mad... I guess Se need for bread and circuises as opposed to thinking
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #90
    Just a statistic rhinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Control issues would be my first guess.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 02:03 PM
  2. Public Speaking? Why am I so afraid?
    By WildCard in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 12:14 AM
  3. why are we so angry?
    By sculpting in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
  4. [INFP] WHY THE HELL are INFPs so $(% depressed?!
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO