User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Oberon

I think whatevs should have her own radio show.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it'd be a call in show... and I'd need a sidekick!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it'd be a call in show... and I'd need a sidekick!
    Will there be coffee?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I just got the ultimate bitch slap from those who I had been raised to beleive would protect me, and I got it at the most vulnerable moment... and it made me mad

when younger I just got mad about things like inequality... you know, the basic stuff that people should be irked by
    Yep, I'd say that's the source of your anger.

check out this vid. It might help.

[YOUTUBE="nN_G3nU778s"].[/YOUTUBE]
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

all the coffee you'd like Oberon! And who could resist the wonderful perverseness of an ExTP radio show!

and I've tried forgiving, but this really isn't something forgivable... or maybe I'm not a very nice person, but yeah... Some people do things that are beyond the scope of me being able to forgive
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

all the coffee you'd like Oberon! And who could resist the wonderful perverseness of an ExTP radio show!
    Well then, count me in!

and I've tried forgiving, but this really isn't something forgivable... or maybe I'm not a very nice person, but yeah... Some people do things that are beyond the scope of me being able to forgive
    Remember, whatevs, forgiving someone doesn't really benefit them in the long run... it benefits you. If you don't find a way to let it go, this issue may do you serious long-term harm.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Well then, count me in!
    wonder how long it would take for them to boot us to satellite radio for maturity ratings

Remember, whatevs, forgiving someone doesn't really benefit them in the long run... it benefits you. If you don't find a way to let it go, this issue may do you serious long-term harm.
    I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:

I'm even more angry at the knowlege that the same thing happens to people every day and they get the same response... where is justice?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

maybe you're mad?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

What's the fantasy that you torture yourself with? Do you think that the people who wronged you will ever apologize for it? Like they'll come back and confess to you about their wrong doings? This won't happen and while you're disgruntled and expecting them to apologize to you, you're dishing out your pains on other people through your anger. You're passing the torture forward to others.

While you're wishing for that fantasy scenario to happen to you, they are living their lives. When you forgive, it's entirely for your own sake, to move on and stop torturing yourself. It doesn't involve the other person at all.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

Oberon

I'm aware of that point... but what they did wasn't something that's really easily forgivable at all... I'm mad at them, I'm mad at the justice system, I'm mad at the unfairness of the whole thing... I'm still mad at me, even though years of therapy have told me that it isn't my fault. The fucking police told me that it was and that I got what I had coming to me :steam:
    Well, getting over it may be the biggest challenge you ever face in your life... but get over it you must, or it could kill you.