User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: why the f$%^ am I so angry?!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Control issues would be my first guess.
    And since ISTPs hate being controlled that IS the first thing that would come to mind! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the less time I spend thinking the happier I am
    i always struggle against that too - thinking is the bane of my existence, haha.
    i always want to express my heart and the force of my soul, and thinking just gets in the way! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I think anger, like depression, is a sign that we are out of sync with how we are instinctively made to live. If you think about how for millions of years homo sapiens have been evolving into this body and way of being, our innate natural instincts are what is the default in us. However, over just a thousand years or so, and especially in the last 100, we have begun living in distinctly different ways than evolution prepared us for. This disparity is what causes us to experience grief on many levels; physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, etc. Anger, depression, denial are all part of that natural response; it's nature's way of telling us something is not right. I disagree with modern thinking that happiness is not to be expected. Anthropologists found in studying cultures untouched by modern progress, that the people were inherently happy, although they had hard lives, and they didn't even really understand the concept of depression--nor have a word for it. They did not grieve as commonly as we grieve. We grieve chronically. There are so many layers it is difficult to see.

What to do? Live as instinctively as you can. Listen to your instincts. Simplify your life. Live with less. Desire less. Work more. Rest better. I firmly believe this is a common and collective problem, but it shouldn't be 'normal.' Only by living more closely to how we were meant to live, will we feel right within ourselves, and that will overflow into our families and even culture.

i think you have it figured out!
    i have nothing to add, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah... I'm threatening to go mountain biking on Sunday if I can get through the traffic... doing nothing makes me introspect and introspection drives me mad... I guess Se need for bread and circuises as opposed to thinking
    Yeah I can totally relate to this! I get super depressed when I'm by myself inside all day. I spent the weekend splitting/stacking wood and gardening at my aunt's house, and I was happy as a clam. I don't know where that expression comes from.

Oh wait... I thought this was your blog. Oh well, I'll post it anyway. Hope you got your bike ride in!

Being outside also makes the food taste SO GOOD, too.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.