• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know how much more I can take.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm never allowed to be dependent on anyone for any period of time. Got it. Just like Dad said, that's why he sent me to therapy.

That's hardly what I said...

I'm saying you don't have to have it for this situation. And I'll add that it could be good for you to take control of this yourself.

That also doesn't exclude personal support. It's not boolean. You aren't either depending on people or dealing with things yourself.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm never allowed to be dependent on anyone for any period of time. Got it. Just like Dad said, that's why he sent me to therapy.

That's wrong. You should have a support system. Everyone should have someone to lean on. But if you don't, or don't think that you do, then you need to be able to rely on yourself. And when you can learn to completely rely on yourself, it can help you a lot. So that later, when you do have lots of friends, a great life, and support, it's almost like an added benefit. If you have nothing but yourself right now, than you have to utilize that the best way possible.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's wrong. You should have a support system. Everyone should have someone to lean on. But if you don't, or don't think that you do, then you need to be able to rely on yourself. And when you can learn to completely rely on yourself, it can help you a lot. So that later, when you do have lots of friends, a great life, and support, it's almost like an added benefit. If you have nothing but yourself right now, than you have to utilize that the best way possible.

Because I need to be able to stitch up my own wounds. Got it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not. But essentially, yes.

For me, as a teenager I did have an okay amount of support. (My mother was not around because she had to work all the time, no money. No father. No siblings.) But I did have a lot of friends around. For whatever reason, I didn't trust anyone to take care of me, and kept to myself a lot about my feelings and problems and anxiety. And hated therapists and still do. But the fact that I was really independent can overcame all of my problems on my own was extremely beneficial into adulthood. Because now whatever happens, I know that I have the resources to handle just about everything.

To me, it wasn't the healthiest view to have, but the problem solving skills I learned in the process are extremely helpful.

Right now, you may feel like you really need the support of your family and others. But for whatever reason, you don't. And that's reality. (I'm not sure what brought you to this reality) but it is what it is, and if you can't change that right now, you can only change yourself and help yourself.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Now you're being stubborn and shutting down.

You have limited options, Hap. Are you going to take any of them? Or are you going to stick with this? But you said you don't know how much more of this you can take.

You have to do something. It would preferably the action that addresses the situation the most while doing the least harm. I've been trying to present options like that to you.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We're not trying to parent or boss you, or tell you that you should just suck it up and deal with it on your own. We can see that you are hurting bad, and just really want support, and we're trying to help the best way we know how.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
There's no one I can trust to help clean me when I get too sick to do it. Physically, no one to give my hand a squeeze when it needs one. The most basic things I am the only one who can do them.

Heal thyself. Stitch up thy own wounds.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I should be able to hold my own damn hand. To ask for anyone is weak, and to ask will make them refuse because it is a sign of weakness, and nobody can stand a weakling.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
It doesn't really matter if it's low risk if I'm in the bathroom taking gauze out when I faint and hit my head on the sink, and nobody cares because nobody cares, and then I'm laying there while my concussion forms.

Blood phobia (haemophobia) is one of the most likely phobias to actually cause physical reactions, such as fainting. If your family is aware of this, do they not offer you the support you need?

Hap, I realize you are young, but you are not helpless. :hug: I am not sure how to help you best, but I offer you my support, and I wouldn't worry about this until you actually know you have to have them out.

In the meantime, is there anything I can help with? Just send a PM.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Vulnerability is no shame. The shame is refusing to ask for any help. You are learning what I have been trying to reconstruct the last five years, the value placements are disproportionate, the distrust amplifies across the board and taints judgments and perceptions alike, creating limiting beliefs that would be best discarded. However having said that, taking care of your health is primary. without a proper functioning ability to cognition thoughts and emotions are clouded, especially when your role models are so poor.

I would tend to agree that when wisdom teeth are causing issue they should be removed. If its other things then those things would be good to address. Life is a learning curve at the best of times.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Blood phobia (haemophobia) is one of the most likely phobias to actually cause physical reactions, such as fainting. If your family is aware of this, do they not offer you the support you need?

Hap, I realize you are young, but you are not helpless. :hug: I am not sure how to help you best, but I offer you my support, and I wouldn't worry about this until you actually know you have to have them out.

In the meantime, is there anything I can help with? Just send a PM.

They know, it just disgusts them that I have it.

Even when I'm not afraid I faint. "Oh! look, a nosebleed. That's interest---" *on the floor* Like that.

When I beg them to change the channel from one of the extremely graphic medical shows they like, they never do, and I can't even escape to my room because the acoustics in my house are so terrible.

I cannot think of anything you could do. Thanks for asking, though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, here's a really dumb question:

Why are you bothering to bring up stuff about what you're experiencing, as if you want help, if you truly think you should be able to resolve it on your own and you're weak if you can't, and there's nothing anyone here can do for you anyway?

Do you just want to be heard, or what exactly? Because you seem to be in-between -- people offer you help, you shove them away, but you seem to be beyond just wanting to be heard by your responses, so... it's a little confusing.

Most people here know they can't solve your problems, and it's pretty clear to me that this entire thing is really a matter of you resolving it -- it's all about internal attitude, and we don't really matter a damn, in terms of what's going to happen to you and with your life -- but I guess I'm asking what you're expecting.

At least we can give you that much, then, rather than floundering around giving you something you don't need or can't use. Let's be pragmatic about it. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think I needed to write it out. If that's stupid or not. Thank you for prodding me along.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was awake when they did mine. Minimal numbing agent, but in two days I was all better. It isn't as scary as my head made it out to be. I pictured large drills slipping and throwing my brains around the room while the dentist brought his daughters in and they all danced in circles in the raining blood falling from the ceiling.

The reality was, my dentist was wicked hawt, and I got to be awake. His "Im concentrating" face was great. :drool: and two days later I was gumming on hamburgers :)

As far as the blood phobia. I'm sure if you let them know ahead of time, they will be able to knock you out completely, and accomodate you. I'm sure you're not the first with it they've had to deal with. :hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I bleed at all I'm going to pass out.

This is fact.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
If I bleed at all I'm going to pass out.

This is fact.

Well that's handy then - they won't need to use anaesthetic! ;)

Seriously, read the links I posted above, they may be useful. Of course they will take some time to learn, but hopefully may help.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know if breathing will help, I already have so many breathing issues due to allergies.