User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Does vicodin have bad reactions with valium?

Also, whenever I have dreams about losing teeth it's always because there are new ones growing in underneath. And once I had whale baleen instead of teeth, though I don't know what that has to do with anything.
    Weird... I just had a teeth dream last night.

They were all breaking and falling out and I could taste blood and I could feel the pieces of teeth so clearly. Then I couldn't handle it anymore and I just started spitting all the pieces out into my hand. I felt better once I knew how many good teeth I had left and also I didn't have to worry that a piece would choke me or get lodged in my food.

I felt a sense of tenderness and liberation...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

You did the worst thing possible by watching those videos.

It´s better to just go to your dentist and ask for general anestesia. That´s what I´m going to do with my upper wisdom teeth. The lower ones are ok.

And, mixing medications is not a good idea, at least for me and any other high-blood pressure victim.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

never never research something like that online! Everyone will talk about the worst case scenarios!

I really had no problem with mine- I was sedated and had all 4 removed at the same time when I was 22... I apparently went on a long, paranoid babble about fearing that someone was going to steal my shoes when under and asked them if they'd care to sell me some of the drugs I was on, but I don't remember that at all

I had no problems with recovery either- and all they prescribed me was extra strength tylenol
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I had all mine removed at once and it wasn't a big deal. Except the hygienist left the gas on to high and I fell out of the dental chair! hahahah... they still joke about it.

You shouldn't worry about it. 2cents

INFP 4w5 sp/so
    IEI

"At government, you think you're clever: You govern beasts — but humans
    never." - Estienne de La Boetie

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Are they putting you to sleep for it, Hap?
    If you can opt for that, I would.

Still, what helps me is just thinking long-term.
    I just got my permanent crown in today.
    I had three appts: The first was a root canal (two weeks ago), the second was the temp cap (last week), and this was pretty basic -- taking out the temp cap, fitting the permanent one, and then cementing it in. It was the easiest of the three.

I won't lie and say the others were fun, but what I told myself was "This too shall pass." All you have to do is endure and zone out during the procedure, and then it's over, and then your body recovers. Time marches on. For things I cannot avoid, this is the strategy I take: All I have to do is outlast the problem, and then I win and it's over. The end result is a win, I just have to hang in there and get to it. Still, the whole time, the dental asst kept patting me on the shoulder and telling me I'd be okay, she was very sweet; I realized I would constantly tense up during the procedures and would have to make myself relax. I am generally tough but I just really don't like invasive procedures, and the whole idea of them doing is what bothered me more, I think.

Meanwhile, you can get some good drugs to help you out. I have a bunch of vicodin. I have not used valium. Vicodin for me seems less to reduce pain and more just makes my mind fuzzy so I don't seem to notice pain as much. I don't know if others have had that experience?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why? You probably have a rational fear of blood. Think about why you feel that way. It's not a crazy thing to have fear of blood.
    I'm afraid because I know I will have a panic attack. Even when I manage to calm myself down I have a panic attack. Even when I think it's not such a big deal, all of the sudden I've fainted on the floor. And that makes me terrified for the next time, and so I have another panic attack.

I fear because I fear.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Weird... I just had a teeth dream last night.

They were all breaking and falling out and I could taste blood and I could feel the pieces of teeth so clearly. Then I couldn't handle it anymore and I just started spitting all the pieces out into my hand. I felt better once I knew how many good teeth I had left and also I didn't have to worry that a piece would choke me or get lodged in my food.

I felt a sense of tenderness and liberation...
    Whenever I have a losing-teeth dream, I always begin losing them because I find out I have another set underneath. The dream always ends with the realization that I have to go through the terror of teeth -- losing, blood, braces, cavities -- again, and likely over and over and over again until I die...

MBTI
    ENFJ

This feeling of not being able to breathe is going to last the whole year, isn't it?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is this can't-breatheness bad for me, or good for me?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ did you try the breathing exercise?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching