• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Online Behavior

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm probably more sensible online and a little more PC. I have a lot more confidence in being overly honest and getting away with it IRL.

gromit

likes this
I like to think in online communication I can be a little more thorough or clear because I have more time to think, since typing takes more time than talking. But I do not know if it's true or not.

Otherwise I'd say I'm more or less the same... curious, pretty easygoing, etc...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm probably more sensible online and a little more PC. I have a lot more confidence in being overly honest and getting away with it IRL.

not the same effect without the devilsh grin right? :smile:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am more "generaly" social offline, but much less personal, except for those I am close with.

Online I tend to be more personal, but a lot of my social qualities don't come through.
In real life I am somewhat random, quirky and quick witted.
Online I have the luxury of taking my time to respond and carfeully mesauring my words (which I don't always do in spite of the luxury)

Also, although I am a decent writer and writting does help me collect my thoughts, I am much more organized verbally than written.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm generally more outspoken and much more formal online than I am in real life. I tend to get tongue-tied and rambly in real life, whereas I put a lot of thought and revision into almost everything online.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's probably a good idea this forum is moderated.
Otherwise, some people would find out what I really think of them. ;)

I'm sure they'd have no choice but to end their meaningless existences, if that happened.

After all, if Jaguar doesn't like you, what point is there in living?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What color of roses shall I send to your funeral? ;)

Despite my debilitating addictions to dangerous mind-altering drugs, I have a feeling you're gonna kick the bucket long before I do, Grandpa.

G

Glycerine

I'm much more stiff and colder (not very complimentary, affectionate, welcoming...pretty closed off and guarded) in real life. However, online I show my true colors a bit which also includes my insane insecurities.

EDIT: my mother disagrees with me so who knows?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm more direct, assertive, and less patient IRL.

Jaguar

Despite my debilitating addictions to dangerous mind-altering drugs, I have a feeling you're gonna kick the bucket long before I do, Grandpa.

I'm not old enough to be a Grandpa. But you will be, soon.
Frying your brain with drugs will do that to you.

KDude

Do you behave differently in online in interactions than you do in real life interactions? How so? (e.g. more aggressive, plan what you're going to say more, etc.)

i'm a little more impulsive here.. except few would notice. i delete a lot of posts right after posting them. :doh:

irl... quiet, but friendly.. not stiff. i initiate conversation with people often enough, but i don't like carrying a conversation. if that makes sense. i'm interested, and want people to relax.. i'm just not super talkative.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think I actually BEHAVE differently. It's just that the same behavior has completely different results online.

For instance, I can sit in front of my computer and say goofy stuff, but if no one's around to hear it, it has little impact.

In short, technology has allowed us all to sort of create a virtual reality world where our behavior is presented on an entirely different plane.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yes i speak less in person than online but that is subjective for i have found given the right conversations i can numb a person to sleep in real life. however normally i am the silent observer who just stands there unsure what to say staring off at the local traffic, maybe counting how many people are in the pub while my friends hold conversations and get bored. okay not really board just uneasy that i can't seem to find things to talk about even though we've done lots of things like gone to different taverns and gigs and such.

though online i am far more expressive when my mind is on song, and it can go a few ways. either lots of writing or none.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i have been a lot less impulsive on the forums here than in real life. probably more articulate and more measured, more contemplative i think, on the forums.
i am trying to work on that now, trying to translate the snap in my step so that it reads on the internet. ;)

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
in real life, i have fewer bouts of what someone called "the lazies"..
i'm a bit more serious, but also kinder, more engaged/engaging

i guess, offline, i'm just "more"!

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
My writing online is patient and articulate compared to my everyday speech,
which makes me seem even more self-absorbed, bored, superficial, air-headed, and than I really am.
Or, on the other extreme, I seem super shy, meek and distant, yet thoughtful.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally "think" more befor i reply here, and more so recently. Probably good practise although i feel my humour is missed in doing so.

Mole

Permabanned
I generally "think" more befor i reply here, and more so recently. Probably good practise although i feel my humour is missed in doing so.

When I first sign on, I don't know what to say. So I let myself slip into not knowing then as if by magic I say something, then I say something else. Then what I am saying takes a pattern. And I am starting to enjoy it. I am always surprised by the pattern it takes. But if I started out with a ready made pattern, I wouldn't be surprised, would I?

So during the day I know what to do and I do it. So in writing I need to let go knowing what to say and just say it. It's like the words write themselves I am just along for the ride.

But then I have to deal with the fall-out, called replies. And the replies almost all seem to be about knowing. Knowing what is right and what is wrong; knowing what is true and what is false; knowing what is proper and improper; even knowing the right words to say and thoughts to think; knowing what is logical and illogical; and knowing what to believe.

And the fear of course is that if we don't know, we won't know what to do. But writing isn't about doing, it is about being. Poetry, after all, does nothing, poetry just is. Poetry has no need to explain itself, yet everyone asks, scratching their heads, "What does the poem mean?".

But whenever I go to a party, the first thing they ask me is, "What do you do?". At first I tried to explain being to them, but this got me nowhere, so now I just say something nondescript. And sometimes I go to the Sports' Club which is full of the meaning of football and cricket. And I find myself buried under the meaning.

So, for me, being on Typology Central is a bit like being at a party or the Sports' Club.

But how I long to join the party of being or the Being Club and find human beings.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm more direct, assertive, and less patient IRL.

Same here. I behave that way as well, with everyone, but the exception of my best-friends.

I tend to be more serious, reserved, I don't take nonsense; I expect quick results/responses from people. I don't like wasting time. I don't like talking to people in general, although I do at times because the situation calls for it.
I'm less impulsive, and I always contemplate everything for a long time. I'm less friendly IRL, although everyone tells me I'm a very kind person; which is a weird thing for me to hear ... lol.

The silly, non-serious side of me usually comes out online; because I can choose to be who ever I want to be; I don't have obligations/responsibilities on here; quite honestly, it's more fun this way.

I don't understand why people take themselves so damn seriously on here sometimes... you're online, it's not like you KNOW the people, so what if they don't agree with you? discussing and arguing are 2 different natures.

I remember this one time, I saw a picture I thought was funny, and someone else pointed pointed out "why do you would find it funny?", and how I shouldn't because it's stupid, blah blah blah; Dude, why the frak do you care what I think is funny or not? If you don't think it's funny and you lack humor to the nth degree, fine, but don't try to impose it on me...

/ rant.