User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Are you btw an outsider in the States if you claim to have no mental-illness ?
    inspired a poll http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...53#post1722453
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Good thing , will be intresting.

Maybe people can develop that way more courage in their personality and not always compare themselves to a medical norm and think they are ill, when they dont fit.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

A major problem with general societal ignorance concerning mental illness is that even well-intentioned people often confuse completely different mental illnesses; I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder are entirely separate mental ilnesses. The former is an incurable anxiety disorder, the latter is a personality disorder that can (with difficulty) be overcome and is not a direct cause for anxiety (incapacitating or otherwise) for those inflicted.

MBTI
    yupp

most people have never heard of schizoaffective or if they have it's the bipolar subtype and not the depressive subtype. So I have to be like it's sort of like mild schizophrenia and depression in one (and in a lot ways it is, but most schizophrenics function at a lot lower level than most schizoaffectives) on the scale of most debilating to least it goes bipolar, schizoaffective, schizophrenia. Not saying bipolar isn't debilatating because it is maybe debilatating isn't the right word, maybe it's who has the greater chance of getting back to a normal life which would be bipolar the greatest, schizoaffective still pretty good chance, schizophrenia still a chance but not as great as bipolar or schizoaffective and the depressive subtype has less of a chance than the bipolar subtype. I'm confusing myself so I'm stopping now.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

@prplchknz Most to least would be backward from how you listed it, no?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    yupp

yes, that's what I meant i think. I'm getting myself confused again
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah- I'm aware of the public image attached to bipolar disorder- especially by ignorant people, so I just don't tell anyone about it!

I have enough trouble without getting slapped with a "crazy" label as well
    I find it really hard to tell work places that im bipolar, and in terms of prpl's 'stereotyping' because im type 1 and not type 2 im not as prone to the obvious depressive shifts. Also, i guess because im medicated and have been for the last 4 years, it's not as obvious as it's currently 'managed'.

I lose a lot of friends when things turn bad though, even though i am incredibly upfront with them about being bipolar, some people just can't accept that the person who can't get out of bed for depression is me, or the person who is over energetic and irritable and acting with utter mind blowing irresponsibility through manic episodes is me. They also don't understand that sometimes it almost physically HURTS to talk to people and sometimes i just can't answer the phone. They take it personally. No matter how many times i've told them it's not the case.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTp

I'm crazy.
    I don't seek help for it.
    Crazy doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing.
    You're extraordinarily advantageous to a certain degree.
    which is also extraordinarily disadvantageous to a slight degree...but it works out for the better.
    xP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    A major problem with general societal ignorance concerning mental illness is that even well-intentioned people often confuse completely different mental illnesses; I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder are entirely separate mental ilnesses. The former is an incurable anxiety disorder, the latter is a personality disorder that can (with difficulty) be overcome and is not a direct cause for anxiety (incapacitating or otherwise) for those inflicted.
    This is true. I see people do it all the time. People fail to see mental illness as well.
    I am sure I do too...... to some extent.
    I don't know much about some of the mental illnesses, others I know a good amount of.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Norma and Norman Normal

Possibly the greatest suffering of those with a mental illness is social exclusion and loneliness.

In a world where almost everyone is normal, there is no place for the mentally ill.

I remember in our idealism, we tried to make our Students' Association safe for those with schizophrenia. But we failed, and Norma and Norman Normal won.

But nothing daunted we tried to set up a bed for the dying in our Students' Association to be attended by our members. But Norma and Norman Normal were outraged.

We had limned the edges of normality, and met the enemy - Norma and Norman Normal.