User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A Stone Heart and an Achilles Heel are using different muscles. It just looks like sentiment is coming from the same place. It's not.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

OP: Not true.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did I mention that I'll cut you?

Glycerine

Like the lovely Lorena Bobbitt?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Reminds me of that saying, "The kindest hearts produce the greatest cruelty".

Not sure where that saying came from though

*edit*

I remember now where I first read it, it was in the book, "Wizard's First Rule" but Terry Goodkind. Good book, though I sorely doubt he came up with it.
    Last edited by tinker683; 04-29-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Remembered something
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

OP: IME, I find it to be true.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

It depends on how you mean sensitive. Some people are very sensitive to others and are not callous, but others are indeed very sensitive and are often overly sensitive and they tend to be the most callous and crass people I come across as they take a slight or perceived attack or whatever, times what it really is ten-fold, and feel justified in behaving cruelly and callously to the 'offender' in a way far, far more severe and hurtful than what was ever actually done to them.

I would say I can be overly-sensitive, though I don't really fall into the callous behavior unless, ironically, one of those overly-sensitive people perceive me as malicious or try to hurt me when they thought I hurt them. I usually overlook it but eventually when this happens so much from one person where I figure out that they are sensitive but are reactionary, I play the hypocrite and deliberately hurt them back until they learn to get lost and leave me alone. But I have been hurt the most by these people. I hate them when I run across them, especially when I thought they were so nice, too. = /

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It looks like this topic refers to people who are so sensitive, that the worse things in life wear on them the more easily, therefore making them callous more quickly than anyone else. In hypothesis, some if not a good deal of logical people simply adapt logic as a personal policy because we can't handle our own feelings, not unlike Vulcans. Conversely, those of us who do that don't appear to have Pon Farr.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Perhaps it is the sensitive people who know how to make the most cutting remarks and actions. They know what hurts, and they're called callous. I've been called callous before, but I'm not like that at all - I just have quite eccentric and extreme political views.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    It looks like this topic refers to people who are so sensitive, that the worse things in life wear on them the more easily, therefore making them callous more quickly than anyone else. In hypothesis, some if not a good deal of logical people simply adapt logic as a personal policy because we can't handle our own feelings, not unlike Vulcans. Conversely, those of us who do that don't appear to have Pon Farr.
    These were exactly my original thoughts but it's quite interesting to see what others think.

On a side note, I was noticing how there were a lot of F's on here and irl who seemed really forceful with their T side that it came off completely unnatural like they had something to prove and/or hide.