User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I don't believe in a "true self". People act out all sorts of roles in different situations and are a compound of all these actions. War is just one of these situations.
    Why would the "self" during wartime be more "true" than the "self" during peace-time?

    Perhaps because the person is a warmonger ? So he/she must hide it during periods of peace. (just a thought)

  2. #12
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I was referring to the war in the Astrology thread - our little war.
    I was going to ask you whom you were referring to, befor i saw the above little clue
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  3. #13
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I was going to ask you whom you were referring to, befor i saw the above little clue
    Yes, I think a better title would have been, "Our Little Wars Here".

    And I think they are important. I think they are important because they occur so regularly, but at the same time we deplore them.

    So they serve some psycho-social function.

    And we can break the loop of deploring and fighting by reframing.

    So perhaps if we see our little wars as a data set to explore. Not of course to continue the war by finding someone to blame, but rather to see what the data reveals.

  4. #14
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

    And I think they are important. I think they are important because they occur so regularly, but at the same time we deplore them.
    I think we also enjoy them, unless they become very nasty, and some enjoy the nastiness too. I think i am understanding your drift but correct me if i am mistaken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So they serve some psycho-social function.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And we can break the loop of deploring and fighting by reframing.
    Online therapy? That would be very interesting but rather difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So perhaps if we see our little wars as a data set to explore. Not of course to continue the war by finding someone to blame, but rather to see what the data reveals.
    Ha, brilliant. Psychoanalyzing online personas based on the texts of their arguments? Do you think you could do it Victor?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  5. #15
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, I think a better title would have been, "Our Little Wars Here".

    And I think they are important. I think they are important because they occur so regularly, but at the same time we deplore them.

    So they serve some psycho-social function.

    And we can break the loop of deploring and fighting by reframing.

    So perhaps if we see our little wars as a data set to explore. Not of course to continue the war by finding someone to blame, but rather to see what the data reveals.
    Interestingly I find I fight many of the same Fi/Ti wars seen here with my own ENTP best friend but we tend to have a few weeks jump on you guys. This morning i decided I was never going to speak to her again after we had a Ti/Fi war over another entp not understanding the concept of "throwing people under the bus" and abusing my manufacturing personnel with their "endless possibilities"-for manufacturing an ISO regulated product. BAD BAD BAD ENTP. NO POSSIBILITIES. FOLLOW THE RULES.

    She said she wasnt the right person to talk the issue over with as she wanted all Fi users to go jump off cliffs with our big googly eyes so we would "shut the fuck up and quit whining ". I explained that she insulted my integrity and sense of responsibility to not abuse the shit out of others via a need to make myself look good. Thankfully as I composed her a hate email, I then spun off into Ne land with some really cool new theories, so I wasnt mad by the end of the email anymore. But I sent it anyways with the new theories included. We made up in the parking lot, by bitching about an ISFJ and her telling me I needed to quit worrying about how other people feel and me explaining that how they "feel" directly impacts their productivity and efficiency as THEY are a bunch of "god damned Te users". So it goes.

    I think wars are okay-but in confined areas and with rules-because are they really wars or are they ways in which learning and assimilation of new ideas occurs?

    for V

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I think we also enjoy them, unless they become very nasty, and some enjoy the nastiness too. I think i am understanding your drift but correct me if i am mistaken.

    Online therapy? That would be very interesting but rather difficult.

    Ha, brilliant. Psychoanalyzing online personas based on the texts of their arguments? Do you think you could do it Victor?
    I think the time for analysing individuals is long since past, for we are creating here an electronic tribe, an etribe, in the global village.

    Whether we like it or not, whether we are aware of it or not, our individuality is merging into the etribe with every post.

    Focusing on the personality of the individual is simply an anaesthetic to put our critical minds to sleep so that the internet can perform a deep and fundamental operation on us.

    Typology Central is the operating theatre and there we are anaesthetized upon the table, oblivious to the fact that we are being transformed into an Avatar.

    This operation has been made quite explicit in the movie we have all seen, called, "Avatar".

    So here we are post-op, our old individuality stripped away, revealing all of us as Avatars - Avatars of the global village.

    Pleased to meet you GemPOPGem.

  7. #17
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Interestingly I find I fight many of the same Fi/Ti wars seen here with my own ENTP best friend but we tend to have a few weeks jump on you guys. This morning i decided I was never going to speak to her again after we had a Ti/Fi war over another entp not understanding the concept of "throwing people under the bus" and abusing my manufacturing personnel with their "endless possibilities"-for manufacturing an ISO regulated product. BAD BAD BAD ENTP. NO POSSIBILITIES. FOLLOW THE RULES.

    She said she wasnt the right person to talk the issue over with as she wanted all Fi users to go jump off cliffs with our big googly eyes so we would "shut the fuck up and quit whining ". I explained that she insulted my integrity and sense of responsibility to not abuse the shit out of others via a need to make myself look good. Thankfully as I composed her a hate email, I then spun off into Ne land with some really cool new theories, so I wasnt mad by the end of the email anymore. But I sent it anyways with the new theories included. We made up in the parking lot, by bitching about an ISFJ and her telling me I needed to quit worrying about how other people feel and me explaining that how they "feel" directly impacts their productivity and efficiency as THEY are a bunch of "god damned Te users". So it goes.

    I think wars are okay-but in confined areas and with rules-because are they really wars or are they ways in which learning and assimilation of new ideas occurs?

    for V
    Yes they are wars in which we learn and assimilate new ideas.

    And as you show so well here, they can be warm and friendly and fun, just like you.

    And they can be part of a friendship which we enjoy for its own sake.

    Just as you enjoy writing for its own sake, and effortlessly please us all.

    Some of us have the gift for friendship, and some of us are given Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Make Friends and Influence People", at an early age.

    I couldn't see anything in Dale's book but I do see a lot in you.

    How nice to hear from you.

  8. #18
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes they are wars in which we learn and assimilate new ideas.

    And as you show so well here, they can be warm and friendly and fun, just like you.

    And they can be part of a friendship which we enjoy for its own sake.

    Just as you enjoy writing for its own sake, and effortlessly please us all.

    Some of us have the gift for friendship, and some of us are given Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Make Friends and Influence People", at an early age.

    I couldn't see anything in Dale's book but I do see a lot in you.

    How nice to hear from you.
    Victor my sweet, I do sometimes disagree with you, but I enjoy "feeling" the Fi in your thoughts as it helps me see my own internally and remember to listen to it. By seeing you use it to judge situations it helps me see how to use Fi to judge things myself. INFPs are very wise, even when we disagree

    I think Fi can observe the wars and find them unsettling-yet you are very correct that their are innate cycles at play-with each involved learning and growing into different directions, into different paths mentally and emotionally.

  9. #19
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    I'm at war with folk typology!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  10. #20
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm at war with folk typology!
    Is that like folk music? I prefer chicken typology! with gravy please!

Similar Threads

  1. An interesting little group, we have here...
    By Hellius in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
  2. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  3. Little problem here
    By ThatGirl in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 10:52 AM
  4. Hi, cut the grass here
    By disregard in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO