User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
1231151 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Lightbulb Astrology - Are you a believer?

Your views on Astrology?

I myself do believe in it; I won't depend my life on it, but I do 'believe' it. It's like me believing there is a 'God', but not being in a religion. BELIEVING MEANS ACKNOWLEDGING THE POSSIBILITY OF IT EXISTING.

I'm very interested in hearing your ideas about astrology. I'm okay at astrology now (I've been looking at it for 2 years; it's a time-waster hobby). So if you got any questions or anything..

I might as well post my natal chart here; if anyone is interested what it is, it is a chart made on the time of your birth. It looks into your personality; and that's one of the things that influenced me to be here on this forum. Where the planets are, and their aspects to each other, describes YOU. Each planet represents different aspects of life. You give an intepretation. There are of course lots of other charts, like Progressions and transits.

Of course, there is a lot of dislike for astrology; it's like psychiatry, and stuff like that. People think it's b*llshit. I think the bible is b*llshit, but not everyone agrees with me. It's like that .

Here's my natal chart.

If anyone got any questions, I can perhaps answer; but mostly, I just want to see your views on astrology.

(I'm really sorry to start another thread. I'll stop now. Until the urge comes back. Hey, it's not my fault nobody starts these topics )

I have always been interested in psychology and astrology and philosophy. I always stalk that area in the library, so I read a lot about it. I always thought that planets were special, though I have no idea why though.

If I looked at astrology realistically, I know that it is quite a delusional subject. But when the analysis comes back (from the chart), the similarity of how I know myself is startling. That's why I'm willing to 'believe' it, but not 'be' it. If you understand what I mean?
    Last edited by Ming; 04-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

And I always thought a natal chart was something to do with pregnancy.

Enneagram

Can someone explain how when you were born affects your personality?
    Also what are the planets doing to me?
    Is newspaper astrology real astrology?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

oh sure why not.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Can someone explain how when you were born affects your personality?
    Also what are the planets doing to me?
    Is newspaper astrology real astrology?
    When you are born affects where your planets are in your natal chart; as you are viewing them from Earth. That in turn affects the 'intepretation' of your personality. That is why when you are born, it affects your personality. For example, 30 minutes earlier, the moon might have been in a completely different sign, meaning a completely different way of expressing emotions! It might also aspect other planets, and that might cause more harmony/conflict. Your time of birth affects everything, because a 'natal' (birth) chart is based on when you were born.

Your planets? Well it depends on your chart. If you can pop me your details of time of birth, place of birth, then I can make a natal chart for you. Or you can just go online and do it yourself. Each planet describes/has different characteristics. For example Venus represents love, etc; while Mars reflects ambition,etc. When different planets transit ('move') over planets of your natal chart, they create different effects.

For example (again) if Mars transited from your 2nd house (rules your possession, properties, money) to your 3rd house (rules communication, intelligence, short distance traveling) your drive/ambition will change according to each house represents. Same with the signs. If it was Venus, your love, appreciation of beauty will change accordingly. Or even your love focus, in a sense.

Newspaper astrology is 'astrology' but it is not accurate at all. AT ALL. Frankly, if I was reading it, I'd think it's BULLSHIT as well. It just deals with the Sun sign (Eg, Where your Sun resides through Aries - Pisces; that is based on your BIRTHDATE). In professional levels of astrology, many planets are considered. The planets include -
    Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and various asteroids like Chiron, Eros, Lilith, etc.
    Within the planets, they makes various aspects within the 360 degrees (AKA, a circle). These aspects have different effects, for example, a trine (which is 120 degrees) has a harmonious effect; it's as if the ability between these two planets is innate. A square (90 degrees) indicates great conflict between two planets. All aspects range from 0-180; because when it is larger, it is just viewed from the other side...

An example for the degrees; For example I have Jupiter placed 120 degrees away in the chart from Saturn. Jupiter rules growth, expansion, optimism while Saturn rules restriction, career, depression. When they are in trine, it's as if these two work together almost without trying; you focus on your duties really easily, and you easily work hard and LOVE it! Where as if they were in a square, then you'll have a lot of tension, maybe you escape from duties, or you just HATE work.

Now after aspects, you have where the planets and asteroids are PLACED in the chart, within the 12th houses and the 12th signs. Your Ascendant is the starting point, and the signs rotate in the order around the houses. Each house has a different area, and each sign has different characteristics.

You all might know the order of them.. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces. These always go in that order, anti-clockwise.

Let me give you an example. If your ascendant is in GEMINI; then your first house cusp should be in GEMINI. Your second house would be in CANCER. Your twelth house in TAURUS. But sometimes you might live in extremist areas (like Iceland) and the cusps might be different. That's why you need the natal chart made.

The newspaper astrology just takes your Sun (where it is) then makes a general statement. That's why it is not accurate at all. It's a funny read, though I really wouldn't trust it. Sometimes other planets might overrule the Sun (they have more 'power' in the chart), so you might not feel the Sun as strongly.

If you wanna know more just ask !

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like astrology. i'm a cancer sun with aquarius moon, libra rising and a fire dragon...and knowing what all of those represent yeah i can see how it manifests in my personality.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Not only that I am not a beliver in astrology. I am openly against it.

I'm very skeptical but am not dismissing it right away before I check it. I read somewhere (it wasnt reliable source, it was some forum) there is huge correlation between Enneagram and Astrology... Does anyone know something about that?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Absolutely believe in it, makes utter sense.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Astrology is all confirmation bias. The more I explore topics as hypnosis ad psychology, the more I see just how susceptible people are to what they are told without finding for themselves.