User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 11515960616263 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I never really believed in astrology per se. I do believe somewhat in the astrological signs. For example, I am a Virgo, and I always felt that the descriptions of Virgo tendencies were fairly accurate for me. In this case, I read the descriptions of certain other signs (for example, Scorpio, Aries, Gemini and Sagittarius) and I did not identify with them. So to me, there is logical evidence there is something to that component of astrology. Also, I think which season/month you are born in can have a direct effect on your personality. Warm weather can give an initial impression to a child, as can cold weather. What the effects are and why they have different effects on different people is where I personally get stuck. I haven't a clue at that point, I'll admit.

As for horoscopes, I never really thought much of them. I was never convinced by their credibility for one thing. I would read horoscopes for all the signs and felt like they always said some vague and generic thing like, "You will learn something about yourself this week." I'm always learning about myself, so that's nothing new, and that's just one of the many examples I saw that left me skeptical.

So, I guess I take the meat and leave the bones with astrology.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INTJ

I posted my first impressions. I'll give it a more in depth look later. No point in typing stuff when its so middle of the road and bound to change. I'll sum up my original post.

I love this kind of stuff. I'm very doubtful of astrology, yet I can already see how given more time I can straighten my understanding of my natal chart out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    I posted my first impressions. I'll give it a more in depth look later. No point in typing stuff when its so middle of the road and bound to change. I'll sum up my original post.

I love this kind of stuff. I'm very doubtful of astrology, yet I can already see how given more time I can straighten my understanding of my natal chart out.

Too late. I saw all that rambling before you edited it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Too late. I saw all that rambling before you edited it.
    Doesn't matter. I just don't see the point in a 5 paragraph post that doesn't conclude anything. One where each paragraph just argues with the other paragraph. Did you perceive it as that, or did you think it had some value to it?

Doesn't matter. I just don't see the point in a 5 paragraph post that doesn't conclude anything. One where each paragraph just argues with the other paragraph. Did you perceive it as that, or did you think it had some value to it?
    Sure one paragraph argued with the other, but that's why I thought it was unique and amusing.
    I see so much of the same thing all the time, it was nice to see something unusual.
    But then I'm odd, so there you have it.

I'm off to sleep, so have a good night.

Sounds like my posts I think aloud all the time. (Welcome to type C Mr. october)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Sure one paragraph argued with the other, but that's why I thought it was unique and amusing.
    I see so much of the same thing all the time, it was nice to see something unusual.
    But then I'm odd, so there you have it.

I'm off to sleep, so have a good night.
    Oddly delightful!

Smile

It's called a fugue.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's called a fugue.
    Maybe we should have a 'Music - Are you a believer' thread as well?

MBTI
    ISTP

lol astrology

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Poisonous cancerous bullshit that needs to be banned.