User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 6465455565758 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I was once informed that crack cocaine was damaging to the mind. Be careful.
    Uhh, okay.

Anyways, I think most people are misunderstanding astrology, thinking it's just the 'Sun in 12 signs' and having only 12 possibilities of interpretation.

Do you think it is better if we have some samples of people and intepretations of their chart?

Then we know how accurate/PROOF that astrology MIGHT be true.

Not trying to convert anyone or anything into astrology.

I just thought maybe some of the 'REALLY against' astrology people should have their chart as a test, if they're willing to..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    I just thought maybe some of the 'REALLY against' astrology people should have their chart as a test, if they're willing to..
    I'm volunteering!
    Thing is, I am a scientist and for me I see no reason why some rocks and stars totally out of my reach should take influence in my personality.
    But I'm also totally curious and for the last 4 days have read A LOT about this topic, the meaning of the houses, aspects, planets, signs and whatnot.

And to my surprise those descriptions summed me up better than any enneagram, freud or mbti ever did.

So for the sake of science, let's take apart my chart and I'll answer questions from my life and how it is related to the chart.

What do you say?
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

^ Your chart? (Sorry, I wanted to do an interpretation for you, but the chart you send me didn't open up )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    ^ Your chart?
    here you go

When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    There is no midpoint. It goes straight from one to the other, then back again when the whim strikes.
    +1 for astrology then This combination actually predicts rather closely the see-sawing nature of the dichotomy between two fairly opposite characteristics, and the lack of middle ground between them. Between self identity and energy, operating in essentially different directions, you have your emotions mediating in the form of Moon in Leo:

As a "rule of thumb," Leo is compatible with the other fire signs ... Aries and Sagittarius. Leo is compatible also with the air signs of Libra and Gemini. If you have your Sun in one of these signs, you have natural help and support available between two of the essential elements of your character.
    Leo is less compatible with the signs of Taurus and Scorpio, because these signs clash with one another's natural style. If you have the Sun in one of these signs, you have built-in frustrations ... and conflicting priorities between your emotions and your self-identity.
    What this implies for me is that your ego-drive is somewhat weakened by the fact that your emotions are aligned against it and with your visceral energy. This intensifies the nature of the conflict between influences that already have little in common and are pulling in essentially opposite directions, and leaves little room for compromise between them. With the moon in a positon more compatible with the sun sign like Taurus itself, Virgo, Capricorn, maybe even Scorpio, the ego would be stronger, more able to focus on its own goals without hinderance, and less prone to being pulled abruptly in the opposite direction by the restless and easily dissatisfied energy of the Mars position.

Anyway, to get back to Tinkerbell's analysis of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Uranus Mars - possibly into some fairly kinky sex, maybe with strangers did you say it was in Scorp?

Venus in scorp has a very strong tendancy towards fixation and semi stalking behaviours - you may get deep crushes on people. Venus Uranus, likely to be comfortable in unconventional set ups, like threesomes etc.... or poligomy or something along those lines.
    Lol, this isn't really me. Well, I might THINK about it, but I really don't believe I'd want to do it... alright, maybe polygamy if I had a good religious excuse I don't at all like the idea of sharing, however; I'm far too jealous for that to ever work. It would go against my deeply held personal principles too.

Venus mars in Sorp - ITCHYWAWA! Hot hot hot.... seduction meets oober sexy - very seductive.
    Haha! I wish!

For all the Scorp could lead you to be sluttish I don't see Scorp in that way, I see it's intense loyalty and so long as people are straight with you - total manogomy, and commitment even when someone isn't able to be around.
    This definitely fits me rather well. Unfortunately it's led me to be involved in several serious long distance relationships, which I ended up doing most of the work maintaining, only to be let down in the end by people whose committment and investment of time and energy wasn't at quite the same level as my own. The frequent (and as it turned out in the end, correct) suspicion that my own efforts and committment weren't being fully reciprocated, and consequent resentment and tendency to push harder for signs that they were going to be serious themselves didn't help matters.

You may be seriously attracted to really out there people though
    Unfortunately, this seems to be very much the case

I think I could do without this last tendency... but I haven't yet managed to escape it.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    +1 for astrology then This combination actually predicts rather closely the see-sawing nature of the dichotomy between two fairly opposite characteristics, and the lack of middle ground between them. Between self identity and energy, operating in essentially different directions, you have your emotions mediating in the form of Moon in Leo:
    What this implies for me is that your ego-drive is somewhat weakened by the fact that your emotions are aligned against it and with your visceral energy. This intensifies the nature of the conflict between influences that already have little in common and are pulling in essentially opposite directions, and leaves little room for compromise between them. With the moon in a positon more compatible with the sun sign like Taurus itself, Virgo, Capricorn, maybe even Scorpio, the ego would be stronger, more able to focus on its own goals without hinderance, and less prone to being pulled abruptly in the opposite direction by the restless and easily dissatisfied energy of the Mars position.
    Ok.. So how do I go about either fixing this or using it to my advantage?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ok.. So how do I go about either fixing this or using it to my advantage?
    Wow... ask me an easy one, why don't you!

Let's think Here's the first potential plan of action that occurs to me:

Try to determine and set yourself goals into which you can project an expectation of enhanced emotional security and fulfilment if they are achieved. Whether these goals are short or long-term, this would help to align your emotional moon energy with your actions and gain the motivation to work more steadily towards them until they are actually fulfilled.

If you are prone to doubts about the value of what you're doing, it will be easy to lose interest, give up and direct your energy towards something esle. This may also help to create a sense of futility when a lot of work has gone into whatever it was already, sowing the seeds of future self-doubt and discouragement.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Wow... ask me an easy one, why don't you!

Let's think Here's the first potential plan of action that occurs to me:

Try to determine and set yourself goals into which you can project an expectation of enhanced emotional security and fulfilment if they are achieved. Whether these goals are short or long-term, this would help to align your emotional moon energy with your actions and gain the motivation to work more steadily towards them until they are actually fulfilled.

If you are prone to doubts about the value of what you're doing, it will be easy to lose interest, give up and direct your energy towards something esle. This may also help to create a sense of futility when a lot of work has gone into whatever it was already, sowing the seeds of future self-doubt and discouragement.
    That's the rut I'm already in. Fulfillment doesn't cut it anymore!
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

That's the rut I'm already in. Fulfillment doesn't cut it anymore!
    Well, at least that implies that either astrology, or myself using it as a model for understanding, isn't getting it completely wrong!

Let's start from first principles though. Do you know what you would need to feel secure? Or perhaps if that doesn't work the converse question might help: what causes you to feel INsecure?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Well, at least that implies that either astrology, or myself using it as a model for understanding, isn't getting it completely wrong!

Let's start from first principles though. Do you know what you would need to feel secure? Or perhaps if that doesn't work the converse question might help: what causes you to feel INsecure?
    Money.

I don't have the qualifications for any job I would actually enjoy enough to commit to, I don't have the guts or the drive to be an entrepreneur, and the jobs I can get don't pay enough for my basic goal of independence: living alone + paying my own tuition.