User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 242505152535462 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I had an ex who had the same birthday as me... he was an intolerable jackass of the ENFJ variety...

I'm not an ENFJ
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I had an ex who had the same birthday as me... he was an intolerable jackass of the ENFJ variety...

I'm not an ENFJ
    Exactly the same date too? That's impressive! Mind you, the time and place are supposed to be equally significant for a full reading, as there will be similar energies expressed in completely different areas of your life, and therefore conflicting, if these are different. He could easily have had a different moon sign too, which is supposed to make quite a big difference!

Incidentally, someone compared me recently to one of the two people I know of on the site who has the same birthday as me (not exact date, that would be freaky). It's the only time I have semi-seriously been compared to anyone else on there, so the coincidence is a little odd. I wouldn't have said I'm very much like him personally though
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

pretty close on everything birthdate wise

I'm never compared to anyone IRL
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm never compared to anyone IRL
    Nor me, it freaked me out actually :eek: I'm hoping it was just a very facile comparison on the grounds that we were both, umm, different.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    That's not at all what I'm talking about.

n-body problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't think that undermines astrology. I mean, on a constellation scale, the inaccuracies become rather negligible. Huge distances, but percentage-wise, virtually nothing. And, unpredictability wouldn't change the fact that they have a relative position to judge whatever astrology supposedly judges. It would just be harder to predict.

So I'd say chaos theory neither undermines, nor 'overmines' astrology.

What really undermines astrology is stuff like this:-

How Races and Religions Match in Online Dating

It's about race and religion, but they use Zodiac as an example of when their is no trend. Why use the elaborate way of suggesting something when you can directly prove or disprove it in a simple manner (I know that you weren't doing that, but others are). Why go on about chaos theory or some such, when they methods for finding the truth of the matter are right in front of you.

All that is needed is a larger, more official study. With as little self-reporting as possible.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Btw I'd like to participate in the game too..

Aries ASC, Aries Moon and Aquarius Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's a good idea to listen to your father-in-law but perhaps take what he says with a grain of salt.

For women gained the national vote for the first time in the world in Australia and New Zealand in 1904.

And since then feminism has been remarkably successful here, partly because women have been successful in Government. For instance our Head of State is a woman as is our Commander-in-Chief. And right down the line from equal pay, to child care to maternity leave, to abortion, to free health care, to divorce laws, to education, women have made and continue to make gains. And companies here are publicly rated by the Government on how well they implement equality for women in the workplace.

We have been successful in raising the status of women and indeed the Office of the Status of Women is a high ranking Government Department and continues to raise the status of women.

Americans are remarkably ignorant about other parts of the world and your father-in-law seems no exception and keeps on repeating canards he had heard from someone else, just as you keep on repeating canards heard from your father-in-law.

In the time of the internet, ignorance is no excuse and can only be called prejudice.

And what a joke, "American norms", if we followed American norms, we would be a racist, sexist gun culture, with a working poor, obsessed with religion.

Instead we are a gun free, successful multi-cultural and prosperous society, based on the Enlightenment, that values the contribution of women.

How lucky you are to have us as an ally - it's more than you deserve.
    He spent almost a year working there as well as years spent overseas working in europe as well-but a bit removed from the urban areas. I'd love to hear your thoughts via VM though. The bold is hysterical BTW, but stereotypes are stereotypes. I live in texas where I can go buy my own gun, jesus is everywhere-but only if you want him, and in another 5 years I will officially become a minority. The working poor? My non-working poor sister has requested that she come stay with you for awhile...

What my international coworkers are much more horrified by are the fact that women can progress so high up the career ladder-but we only get six weeks maternity leave and three of that is unpaid. They are also horrified by our 60 work weeks, putting our infants in daycare at 2 months, no paternity leave for fathers, limited vacations.

But I dont have anyone telling me what I can or cannot do-I am limited by my own ability to work hard and achieve goals. I also dont have a societal expectation for me to stay home with babies-we actually have multiple women at our company who work, while husbands stay with children.

But yeah, didnt mean to offend V, so a new thread discussing cultural perspectives for women in different countries may be very valuable-given you have been emphasizing mysogyny a bunch as of late.

(But yeah I'd pick the netherlands to live in if I had a choice)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Default 2 min reading

Tinkerbell,

do you mind giving me a 2 min astro reading as well?

Sun Gemini, Asc Libra, Moon Cancer
    Sun and Moon in 9th House

Thanks

Fluxi

Here my natal thingy if that helps

Edited Image for more details
    Last edited by Fluxkom; 05-26-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Alright, for the sake of argument, let us say that I believe in Astrology. What happens now?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Alright, for the sake of argument, let us say that I believe in Astrology. What happens now?
    Nothing.