User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 41495051525361 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    thanks. i read a little more on leo rising.. i must've calculated something wrong...not sure. seems more like me if there's anything to all of this

lol, well i do get along with you. maybe i'll look this stuff up again.
    try astro.com's chart it is usually pretty accurate. Make sure you have a solid time of day

Do Siamese Twins have similar personalities?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Do Siamese Twins have similar personalities?
    ye but more importanly share life events, because they will ahve different birth times (even if only a little bit away from each other) can make a difference between how they deal with the world. It is possible or one to be born with a Pisces ascendant the other aries... which would give the typical strong and weak type responce (although weak is a value term I'm not particularly comfortable with).

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    try astro.com's chart it is usually pretty accurate. Make sure you have a solid time of day
    Got it. Still Virgo Rising.

I'm not still not sure what to think, but thanks

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Got it. Still Virgo Rising.

I'm not still not sure what to think, but thanks
    check out the sign that Mercury is in.... google mercury in XXX sign and see if that fits better

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    When I read your signature, I think: this is retarded, boiler plate bullshit.

When I read my full astrological profile: not so much.

Why the difference?

Because critical intelligence can distinguish bullshit from the reasonably possible.

As you've said before on this thread: you don't know much about astrology, as you've never seriously studied it.

And as I've said before on this thread: that renders your opinion meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Try to at least be original if you want to go down that road. I think the discussion has probably moved on beyond lazy applications of the Forer effect/Barnum effect/whatever, though that part may indeed have been consigned to the graveyard.

I love people with a sense of humor. But most of all, people that can read between the lines with such depth.

Oh and Zarathustra :nice one. Critical intelligence...never thought of that before.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

then there's the question as to why my Taurus sister is a better Leo than I am
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm an astrologer, and I'm gonna tell you things about you without even knowing you....just take a look at my signature.
    Your sig is no different than some of the nonsense in an MBTI book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Because critical intelligence can distinguish bullshit from the reasonably possible.
    Hmmmm, *NOM NOM NOM*, * swallow*, *regurgitate*, *NOM NOM NOM chewing cud*....Hmmmmmm.....

Once an entp told me that the flaw of using NeTe for analysis was that we will identify a correlation-then structure it using Te. As long as the correlations and structure are supportive, we accept it as truth. For most enfps this means they assume crazy shit when all emo-like "He is still not home and it is eight o'clock so he MUST be cheating on me because he looked at that chick he works with".

For logical analysis though, anything is "reasonably possible" because the model is built off of practical bricks of reality that I link together. I dont have to PROVE it is correct-as long as it works and the predictive capabilities are sustained I accept as truth. If the predictions fail, the model is fucked, and I trash, edit or remold.

I personally rely on predictive capability of a model a multitude of times, before I trust anything I create.

But it seems that INTJs would be stuck kinda in the same situation-Ni builds models, Te tests them? As long as they work they are accepted? Even without an underlying Ti ruleset? I dunno, your reasonably possible just brought this chain of thoughts to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    so do I

penis..... vagina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    I don't know why, but every time I see/read penis or vagina, I start laughing...
    I love you guys!! You make me so happy and giggly.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Both magazines and newspapers reflect the misogyny of the whole society.

I know it is too much to bear to recognise we live in a misogynist society, so we rationalise it to ourselves by quibbling over magazines or newspapers.

And of course it must be completely unbearable for a woman to recognise she lives in a misogynist society. To survive in such a society, to adapt to such a society, must do terrible things to her mind.

In a misogynist society women are dependent for love and support on the very people who regard them with contempt in public and treat them with violence in the home.

So rather than face this unbearable truth, women rationalise.

And rationalisation, as we know, is a psychological defence mechanism to protect us from a harmful truth.

And astrology is the prefect form of never ending rationalisation.
    I was with right up until the astrology part-but okay if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Ok, let's see what I can make of it (though you'd be better off applying to someone more knowledgable, I will admit!).
    Oh, do me! do me! In the astrological sense of course! 11/05/1976 8:45 am

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I hope you aren't serious. Women are the privileged class in America, along with all other "protected" groups.
    He lives in Austrailia. My father-in-law says things are very sexist there in certain parts of the country, especially if you are used to american norms. The one women executive would not go to dinner with the men-she had to go iron her husbands shirt. His admin kept trying to do his laundry the whole time he stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I love people with a sense of humor. But most of all, people that can read between the lines with such depth.

Oh and Zarathustra :nice one. Critical intelligence...never thought of that before.
    Where did you get that line below anyways?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I havent read this thread but heres my theory on how to disprove all this nonsense once and for all.

Supposedly people have different personalities based on what sign were born under right?

Make a personality test that will give you a distinct result and categorize people into one of the different signs, and then cross reference this with the persons birth date.
    (protip: dont tell them what the test is about and make sure theyre people who are knowledgeable about horoscopes)

Based on this you could judge the accuracy of astrology scientifically.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn