User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    GONE

MOD NOTE

I seriously think that was the biggest thread derail I have ever seen...wait 2nd biggest.

Since the thread discussion clearly split off, moved it here.

As for this thread - carry on!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Since nobody seems to be posting in the astrology thread ever since the massacre, I figure I might as well try to get some kind of life rekindled.

Anyone seen the new image(s) from the Hubble?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I just showed this to SillySapienne, and she said, "When you see things like this, you can't help but think there's a God."

In my opinion, the same could be said about astrology...

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I just showed this to SillySapienne, and she said, "When you see things like this, you can't help but think there's a God."

In my opinion, the same could be said about astrology...
    May I ask why?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I know this is a total side note, but you'll no doubt find it interesting to see how they assign and enhance color in images received from the Hubble Telescope: HubbleSite - Behind the Pictures - Meaning of Color

Enjoy!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    People think it's b*llshit. I think the bible is b*llshit, but not everyone agrees with me. It's like that .
    That's funny...some people think the bible, and many old religions are just derivatives of astrology...

I dont agree with them...but I will say this: I've seen the Persian astrology painted in Egyptian temples, I've seen the parables of Egyptian mythology with monotheistic mythology...

It could all be from the same stock...or it could not be who knows!

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    That's funny...some people think the bible, and many old religions are just derivatives of astrology...

I dont agree with them...but I will say this: I've seen the Persian astrology painted in Egyptian temples, I've seen the parables of Egyptian mythology with monotheistic mythology...

It could all be from the same stock...or it could not be who knows!
    I find religion has more value (to me personally) even if they're both "false". Holy books try to help guide you in leading a good life, and much of it has literary/philosophical merit. The Qur'Ran has some good poetry! Also religion often promotes a sense of community.

Didn't Bill Maher write The Bible?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I find religion has more value (to me personally) even if they're both "false". Holy books try to help guide you in leading a good life, and much of it has literary/philosophical merit. The Qur'Ran has some good poetry! Also religion often promotes a sense of community.
    agreed. people who have a vision of what they want, seem better off. the books certainly help. I dont see how astrology fits this bill...unless you use it to know that, "I need to get married within the next year because venus is rising in my moon!!!"

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I returned to this thread earlier to see what had happened with that astrology discussion, and was greeted with the traumatic and bloody aftermath of a wholesale massacre. The poor shattered mortal remains of what had been living, breathing, human thoughts were buried deep in their mass grave, only a few disjointed, decaying body parts remaining strewn around on the field where they fought and suffered to memorialise their valiant contribution...

But at least we have a nice picture of the stars to look at as we mourn the fallen, those brave sons and daughters of the embatttled human intellect who went to war for the sake of uncovering a greater Truth, and perished for all our sakes at the capricious hands of that unanswerable power that rules our mortal fates upon this forum. But in this place of loss and mourning, as we gaze upon the majesty of Hubble's revelation, we recieve in all our hearts a sacrament, an intimation of divine epiphany in our contemplation of the manifest glory of the universe. So thanks, Z, for showing us the light of hope, the one true beacon that shines for us in the midst of Utmost Darkness. As we observe this respectful silence for the dear departed children of our minds, so cruelly cut off in their prime, let us pray for them. With all their flaws and imperfections (for none were wholly without sin), may they enjoy forgiveness in recognition of their wholehearted courage and the justice of their cause, and be reborn again to a greater life, shorn of sin and imperfection. For the mods giveth, and the mods taketh away. Amen.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...