• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology - Are you a believer?

Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 137 77.8%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I never really believed in astrology per se. I do believe somewhat in the astrological signs. For example, I am a Virgo, and I always felt that the descriptions of Virgo tendencies were fairly accurate for me. In this case, I read the descriptions of certain other signs (for example, Scorpio, Aries, Gemini and Sagittarius) and I did not identify with them. So to me, there is logical evidence there is something to that component of astrology. Also, I think which season/month you are born in can have a direct effect on your personality. Warm weather can give an initial impression to a child, as can cold weather. What the effects are and why they have different effects on different people is where I personally get stuck. I haven't a clue at that point, I'll admit.

As for horoscopes, I never really thought much of them. I was never convinced by their credibility for one thing. I would read horoscopes for all the signs and felt like they always said some vague and generic thing like, "You will learn something about yourself this week." I'm always learning about myself, so that's nothing new, and that's just one of the many examples I saw that left me skeptical.

So, I guess I take the meat and leave the bones with astrology.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
I posted my first impressions. I'll give it a more in depth look later. No point in typing stuff when its so middle of the road and bound to change. I'll sum up my original post.

I love this kind of stuff. I'm very doubtful of astrology, yet I can already see how given more time I can straighten my understanding of my natal chart out.

Jaguar

I posted my first impressions. I'll give it a more in depth look later. No point in typing stuff when its so middle of the road and bound to change. I'll sum up my original post.

I love this kind of stuff. I'm very doubtful of astrology, yet I can already see how given more time I can straighten my understanding of my natal chart out.

Too late. I saw all that rambling before you edited it. ;)

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
Too late. I saw all that rambling before you edited it. ;)

Doesn't matter. I just don't see the point in a 5 paragraph post that doesn't conclude anything. One where each paragraph just argues with the other paragraph. Did you perceive it as that, or did you think it had some value to it?

Jaguar

Doesn't matter. I just don't see the point in a 5 paragraph post that doesn't conclude anything. One where each paragraph just argues with the other paragraph. Did you perceive it as that, or did you think it had some value to it?

Sure one paragraph argued with the other, but that's why I thought it was unique and amusing.
I see so much of the same thing all the time, it was nice to see something unusual.
But then I'm odd, so there you have it.

I'm off to sleep, so have a good night.

sculpting

Sounds like my posts :D I think aloud all the time. (Welcome to type C Mr. october)

Sure one paragraph argued with the other, but that's why I thought it was unique and amusing.
I see so much of the same thing all the time, it was nice to see something unusual.
But then I'm odd, so there you have it.

I'm off to sleep, so have a good night.

Oddly delightful! :hug:

Mole

Permabanned

It's called a fugue.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Poisonous cancerous bullshit that needs to be banned.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i know there's no logical reason that it should work, but it's been creepily accurate for me and lots of people i know. and i think it's interesting and enjoy it. i'm not making major life decisions by it so it doesn't really matter to me if it's real or not.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Poisonous cancerous bullshit that needs to be banned.

cancer... bull... hee

but yeah, no, i think it's kind of fun to play with but i don't believe in it. i view it about on par with ancient mythologies. perhaps true in some senses, but not first in my toolbox of how to deal with the world.

Mole

Permabanned
Nancy Reagan was a believer and look where it got her - all the way to the White House.

The most important thing is to be a person of faith, and if you are person of faith, you will be faithful.

Jaguar

No talk of cognitive dissonance or the military? I am disappointed. :dry:

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
This thread is too long... Can't remember if I've already answered...
YES - I believe in astrology
Can this have something to do with type? Maybe I'll just start a new thread with a poll :headphne:

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Not directly, but it does have to do with intelligence (People who believe in astrology aren't intelligent.), which has to do with type.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Not directly, but it does have to do with intelligence (People who believe in astrology aren't intelligent.), which has to do with type.

People who generalize aren't intelligent either ;)

Mole

Permabanned
"Personality Types", by Carl Jung.

Carl Jung used astrology.

He also failed his analysis with Sigmund Freud due to his father fixation. So then he adoped the Führer as his guide and never recanted. And unfortunately he also sexually abused his female patients.

So why should we be surprised he believed in astrology when astonomy has shown that astrology has no truth value.

Carl Jung is a guru of the New Age and wrote, "Personality Types", based, as he himself says, "on no empirical evidence".

And as we all know, MBTI was plagiarised by Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers from the book, "Personality Types", by Carl Jung.

Jaguar

He also failed his analysis with Sigmund Freud due to his father fixation. So then he adoped the Führer as his guide and never recanted. And unfortunately he also sexually abused his female patients.

So why should we be surprised he believed in astrology when astonomy has shown that astrology has no truth value.

Carl Jung is a guru of the New Age and wrote, "Personality Types", based, as he himself says, "on no empirical evidence".

And as we all know, MBTI was plagiarised by Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers from the book, "Personality Types", by Carl Jung.

There it is. Right on time! :laugh: