User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 18262728293038 Last

This doesn't really work when the people are trying to push it down. It needs an open mind and actual research and diving into.
    So if it's 'bullshit', then why hasn't it died out yet? You may think: "But religion hasn't died out either!". Well...religion has all the books, churches and physical 'evidence' behind all of it, apparently buying people into believing it.
    But astrology has not. All it has is the astronomical placements and they have been backing it up for millenniums. But that's apparently enough to manage to keep it alive.
    Indeed, astrology actually is a valid system and it will probably be used for a very long time.

From a person with a chart highly similar to mine:

""Sir, I have studied it, you have not" -Isaac Newton, Astrologer (190 IQ) said in defense of astrology to disbeliever in Halley (comet discoverer)"

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Can you show me a link to this explanations? Preferably one with scientific facts to support the claim with reasons for the hypothesis. I'm not unfamiliar with astrology, I just find most all of the explanations i've read to be complete bull ____.

Forzen, there's no such thing as a scientific explanation of astrology.

Same goes for Typology, for the most part.

It's just a ridiculous request from the start.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    For the completely ignorant, just to give Ming's observations some context:

On top of being a Libra sun sign (which essentially means your core identity), the following mean:

Ascendant in Scorpio

Scorpio Ascendant people have a lot of presence. There is something about them that tells the world that they are not to be pushed around. Their manner commands respect, and in some cases, fear. Scorpio rising people can be quiet or loud, but they always seem powerful and determined.

You either love or hate Scorpio rising people— they are rarely people who go through life unnoticed. In fact, some of them are confused when faced with the fact that they get such strong reactions from others. They seem to look right through people, seeing through superficiality. This can be quite intimidating to some, and intriguing to others. Scorpio rising people, in their dealings with others, look for answers by reading between the lines. Surface details are discarded when they are getting a feel for people and situations around them.

Scorpio rising people value their privacy so much, it can border on paranoia. They have a strong need to control their environment and are experts at strategy. Rarely people who will blow their chances with impatience, they plan out their moves carefully and deliberately, relying on their awesome ability to feel out others and situations.

Scorpio rising natives are drawn to down-to-earth, natural partners. Reliability in their partner is very important. They generally look for complete commitment and have little patience with flighty partners.
    Btw, for a little more context, I'm a Libra sun sign and Scorpio rising as well.
    We've already determined that Libra sun sign seems to accurately correlate with my personality.

So how bout we bring *someone else*, who knows me well, into the mix, and ask her whether the above description of Scorpio Rising (Ascendant) seems to accurately correlate with my personality...

Babe, could you give some insight as to whether the above description has manifested itself in any way, let alone any significant way, in our relationship?

Pray, do tell...

(p.s. Sim, this would now be 1/144 if it fits the bill, based on your methodology... )

MBTI
    NICE

This drivel made Sim's drivel look almost respectable.
    I'll sure sim is relieved to know your thoughts; as am I.

I don't know you BT, but this post made you sound like a giant blowhard.
    I understand the meaning of "blowhard" to mean a braggard or someone who boasts.

Which part of the post was boastful, Zarathustra?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    ^ Haha I agree; It's just a confidence trick. I'm mature enough to know it now! It is something I use to keep myself going; like a guidance point.

But you know sometimes.. you just want to be delusional, even for a short while...

BTW. I didn't understand a word in there?
    Ming, if you didn't believe it at all, why would you use it?

Don't sacrifice your beliefs due to the skepticism of others.

I recommend you read this: The Will To Believe, by William James.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I understand the meaning of "blowhard" to mean a braggard or someone who boasts.

Which part of the post was boastful, Zarathustra?
    See top three entries on Urban Dictionary.

MBTI
    NICE

See top three entries on Urban Dictionary.

Like the Urban Dictionary, rather than, like, a real one?

Hey, this bit fits you, little fella':

"A person that is known to rant and rave about things. Their opinions are usually ignorant and lack evidence. The term comes from the literal meaning of "blowing hard". If you blow hard enough people pretty much have to listen."

Keep blowing, fucko!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Forzen, there's no such thing as a scientific explanation of astrology.

Same goes for Typology, for the most part.

It's just a ridiculous request from the start.
    I'm trying to give someone a benefit of a doubt here. I know it was a ridiculous request. Also, I've read about astrology in the past. While I found it entertaining to read, I have never thought of taking it seriously. I don't know everything, so when someone tries to state an idea or a concept I give them the benefit of a doubt to prove themselves.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post

Like the Urban Dictionary, rather than, like, a real one?

Hey, this bit fits you, little fella':

"A person that is known to rant and rave about things. Their opinions are usually ignorant and lack evidence. The term comes from the literal meaning of "blowing hard". If you blow hard enough people pretty much have to listen."

Keep blowing, fucko!

Oh my, what shall I do with myself?

Someone who I called a blowhard first, called me one back?

The point where the definition is incorrect is the assertion that I'm ignorant.

You, my friend, are obviously the ignorant one (at least about astrology) in this dialogue.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^ And, apparently, you like the Urban Dictionary, too.