User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 18.13%
  • No

142 78.02%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

7 3.85%
First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Poll Options
    Yes
    No
    I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

No grey area???
    Umm which other option do you want there?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I have a request-

can the forum shaman, mystic, or magical artificial insemenator give me an astrological natal chart?

Thanks.
    Yes I can, give me your birth details? Or you can simply go on the net and look for them.

You'll need time of birth (to the minute if possible), place of birth. And of course the date...

There's so many interesting arguments, but who is the judge? I mean there's flaws in everyone's words/opinions, so who's the final decider? When everyone goes to one side and completely converts themselves?

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z7KeNCi7g"]Folks, you're easily deceived.[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Sim fell down and can't get up.

I guess the virtual Atlas shrugged?

You NTJs and your Ayn Rand...

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Yes I can, give me your birth details? Or you can simply go on the net and look for them.

You'll need time of birth (to the minute if possible), place of birth. And of course the date...

There's so many interesting arguments, but who is the judge? I mean there's flaws in everyone's words/opinions, so who's the final decider? When everyone goes to one side and completely converts themselves?
    I want to see my chart too, if you don't mind.

I was born in Atlanta, GA on April 2, 1987 at 8:30 AM.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

With this information, I am now going to clone your ID, Charles.

Here in the Old Merry, one Auntie Margaret jumped on her chariot for the 3rd time, about two months after you were born, sim.

Dame Hilda was a very decisive person. She famously was "not for turning". But here on Astrology - Libra Star Sign Horoscopes her "type" is described as:

THE SCALES is the sign of the diplomat and the ditherer
    She was neither. - Big-time stylie.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I guess the virtual Atlas shrugged?

You NTJs and your Ayn Rand...

I sent you your chart and a little interpretation; I didn't want to put too much in. Might scare you away

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    With this information, I am now going to clone your ID, Charles.

Here in the Old Merry, one Auntie Margaret jumped on her chariot for the 3rd time, about two months after you were born, sim.

Dame Hilda was a very decisive person. She famously was "not for turning". But here on Astrology - Libra Star Sign Horoscopes her "type" is described as:

She was neither. - Big-time stylie.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oh, did you know that she had a SCORPIO ascendant? And A LEO moon? Did you know that she had MOON CONJUNCT MARS? Or a Saturn Conjunct Ascendant? She also had a Capricorn Jupiter.

You're looking at the sun sign astrology, and that isn't the bigger picture..

But never use astrology to the extent of intervening with your life.. NEVER use it to make a decision. It's not reliable enough..

But for fun, why not?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Ohhhh shit, BT--she had a MOON CONJUNCT MARS!

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    NICE

Ohhhh shit, BT--she had a MOON CONJUNCT MARS!

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!
    Drat - I completely forgot about the Moon in conjunction with Mars. And Uranus rising in Venus. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    But for fun, why not?
    I agree. Many an evening, at Chez Trombones, Ms Trombones and I whisk away the cold winter evenings with The Tarot. She takes great delights in "predicting" my future. Which starts off with painting the spare bedroom, quickly followed by the purchase of some new and expensive appliance for the kitchen . She is fiendishly accurate. You don't want to know what happen the night she produced the Hanging Man followed by Death...

On a more serious note, astrology does appear to be part of a set of high revenue industries that function as a law unto themselves. The claims they make are wholly unproven. Which isn't so bad, if it's only a bit of fun.

Take for example the case of Simon Singh, MBE over this article

Due to the peculiarities of English Libel Law, he found himself in the dock, a remarkable occurance given all he'd done was present a scientific case against quackery. Oddly, the British Chiropractic Association did not have to prove their claims about the effectivemess of their therapy, merely that Simon Singh was "defaming" them.

The British Chiropractic Association eventually withdrew its case, which had been extremely costly, both to itself and to the unfortunate Mr Singh. But then again, the BCA could afford to undertake such an expensive legal venture, given the multi-million pound nature of its business.

The main point to make with alternative medicine, astrology, et al, is their insistance that someone else should prove them wrong; that claims can be made, willy-nilly, and are correct until someone proves them wrong. They seem to assume, as with astrology, that "correct" is the default term rather than "unproven", which it manifestly is.

Again and again, skeptics go through the relentless procedure of dissassembling this hokey-cokey, as if it's a game worth playing and again and again the hokey-cokey merchants glibly respond that their "theories" are still valid for the same old non-valid reasons and they "haven't been disproven", it's been used for "thousands of years", etc.

It get's to the point where it's difficult not to consider the possibility that some people are simply chumps that want to throw away their money, and will get duped by whatever silver-tongued charlatan crosses their path. Whatever process of logical deconstruction is used, they will happily ignore it and continue to subscribe to beliefs that are, to the casual observer, no better that a lame confidence trick.

Cue, Victor...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Drat - I completely forgot about the Moon in conjunction with Mars. And Uranus rising in Venus. Or something.

I agree. Many an evening, at Chez Trombones, Ms Trombones and I whisk away the cold winter evenings with The Tarot. She takes great delights in "predicting" my future. Which starts off with painting the spare bedroom, quickly followed by the purchase of some new and expensive appliance for the kitchen . She is fiendishly accurate. You don't want to know what happen the night she produced the Hanging Man followed by Death...

On a more serious note, astrology does appear to be part of a set of high revenue industries that function as a law unto themselves. The claims they make are wholly unproven. Which isn't so bad, if it's only a bit of fun.

Take for example the case of Simon Singh, MBE over this article

Due to the peculiarities of English Libel Law, he found himself in the dock, a remarkable occurance given all he'd done was present a scientific case against quackery. Oddly, the British Chiropractic Association did not have to prove their claims about the effectivemess of their therapy, merely that Simon Singh was "defaming" them.

The British Chiropractic Association eventually withdrew its case, which had been extremely costly, both to itself and to the unfortunate Mr Singh. But then again, the BCA could afford to undertake such an expensive legal venture, given the multi-million pound nature of its business.

The main point to make with alternative medicine, astrology, et al, is their insistance that someone else should prove them wrong; that claims can be made, willy-nilly, and are correct until someone proves them wrong. They seem to assume, as with astrology, that "correct" is the default term rather than "unproven", which it manifestly is.

Again and again, skeptics go through the relentless procedure of dissassembling this hokey-cokey, as if it's a game worth playing and again and again the hokey-cokey merchants glibly respond that their "theories" are still valid for the same old non-valid reasons and they "haven't been disproven", it's been used for "thousands of years", etc.

It get's to the point where it's difficult not to consider the possibility that some people are simply chumps that want to throw away their money, and will get duped by whatever silver-tongued charlatan crosses their path. Whatever process of logical deconstruction is used, they will happily ignore it and continue to subscribe to beliefs that are, to the casual observer, no better that a lame confidence trick.

Cue, Victor...
    ^ Haha I agree; It's just a confidence trick. I'm mature enough to know it now! It is something I use to keep myself going; like a guidance point.