• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology - Are you a believer?

Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 137 77.8%
  • I have no idea what it is? So I'm not sure.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Am I the only one, or does anyone feel awkward now that the war is over :shock:?

Life has lost all meaning.

Though, really astrology is a hard subject to grasp of. Do you think that we should just leave it alone as it is?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Am I the only one, or does anyone feel awkward now that the war is over :shock:?

Life has lost all meaning.

Though, really astrology is a hard subject to grasp of. Do you think that we should just leave it alone as it is?

"They create a desolation, and call it peace." - Tacitus

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
May I ask why?

Because when I look at images like that, it seems there is an order to all things...

Because Silly has been an atheist since she was a child, yet it makes her believe there may be a God...

Because it makes the stars and the heavens seem like more than just a meaningless combination of atoms...

Because the world is a beautiful place...

:yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Because when I look at images like that, it seems there is an order and a beauty to all things...

Because Silly is an atheist, yet it makes her believe there may be a God.....

No, because the image itself is so pregnant with beauty, incomprehensible beauty, that it is staggering, breath-taking, and moments like that evoke the-universe-is-beautiful--->warm and fuzzies---> wonder---> awe---> appreciation ---> which then translates to a God is Nature is Beautiful and Harmonious moment.

:wub:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Because when I look at images like that, it seems there is an order to all things...

Because Silly has been an atheist since she was a child, yet it makes her believe there may be a God...

Because it makes the stars and the heavens seem like more than just a meaningless combination of atoms...

Because the world is a beautiful place...

:yes:

Oh sorry I got that, I was wondering why you think astrology does the same thing. I don't know if astrology is ugly, but I am not sure it inspires me in that manner.

This part:

In my opinion, the same could be said about astrology...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh, no, I meant the image makes me believe that astrology could be true, not that astrology makes me believe there may be a God...

More than anything really, the type of astrology that I opened myself to, essentially translates to astrology and God being one in the same...

That astrology is just out there as a means for us to realize that everything ties together -- that everything is connected...

Hence, my belief that it's a 50/50, the same way I feel about God...

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh, no, I meant the image makes me believe that astrology could be true, not that astrology makes me believe there may be a God...

More than anything really, the type of astrology that I opened myself to, essentially translates to astrology and God being one in the same...

That astrology is just out there as a means for us to realize that everything ties together -- that everything is connected...

Hence, my belief that it's a 50/50, the same way I feel about God...

Ohh my bad, sorry! :D Thank you for clarifying. The way I had interpreted seemed weird. I know what you mean, I think. It's all about the cosmic whole thing, the patterns writ in the heavens if you will.

Edit: I wish I could say something controversial to start this up again, but it's not my style.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
No worries; I got it once you left that second post.

The linguistic ambiguity was my fault, actually.

:wink:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No worries; I got it once you left that second post.

The linguistic ambiguity was my fault, actually.

:wink:

Yeah probably cuz you're a dumb INTJ. All INTJ's (because of Ni-Te) are dumb and believe in astrology, and astrology is bad, and everything you stand for is bad. Zarathustra? More like Lamathustra!

/flame

Let's get this party started!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah probably cuz you're a dumb INTJ. All INTJ's (because of Ni-Te) are dumb and believe in astrology, and astrology is bad, and everything you stand for is bad. Zarathustra? More like Lamathustra!

/flame

Let's get this party started!

Good summary as far as it goes. We still need to include a few derisive ad homineums, and an insistence on how your pet set of functions is better though, and how astrology has already been comprehensively disproven by science. We'll have to go through it all again now so it's best to keep it as succinct as possible.

Hold on, I'll give it a go actually.

Astrology is obviously wrong because I can't see how those planets millions of miles away could possibly affect our lives. What the hell are they doing, bombarding us with electro-magnetic pulses at the precise moment of our birth or something? Yeah, right, how is that supposed to work? You people are so gullible you probably think the Sun revolves around the Earth. Hey, wait a minute, that's how astrology actually works isn't it *laughs derisively*. C'mon you guys, get with the 21st century and learn how real science works instead of believing all that crap invented by a bunch of Babylonians in Egypt 10 thousand years ago who thought the earth was flat and made human sacrifices to keep the crops growing. It's MADE up, stupid superstition! I just can't take this kind of ignorance seriously!

Could someone else work on the function superiority bit?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Good summary as far as it goes. We still need to include a few derisive ad homineums, and an insistence on how your pet set of functions is better though, and how astrology has already been comprehensively disproven by science. We'll have to go through it all again now so it's best to keep it as succinct as possible.

Hold on, I'll give it a go actually.

Astrology is obviously wrong because I can't see how those planets millions of miles away could possibly affect our lives. What the hell are they doing, bombarding us with electro-magnetic pulses at the precise moment of our birth or something? Yeah, right, how is that supposed to work? You people are so gullible you probably think the Sun revolves around the Earth. Hey, wait a minute, that's how astrology actually works isn't it *laughs derisively*. C'mon you guys, get with the 21st century and learn how real science works instead of believing all that crap invented by a bunch of Babylonians in Egypt 10 thousand years ago who thought the earth was flat and made human sacrifices to keep the crops growing. It's MADE up, stupid superstition! I just can't take this kind of ignorance seriously!

Could someone else work on the function superiority bit?
Well then obviously there is no Mars or Venus or any of those planets because they're 'millions of miles' away. There's also no France and Argentina.

How would you know what happened at birth? You actually REMEMBER coming out of your mother?

Haha, you think you're so superior in the 21st century? We've only been on Earth for such a short time compared to the geological scale.

What you believe now is 'impossible' might hold possible in the future.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I didn´t believe in Astrology, because after reading lots of description of my sun sign, half of their texts were nothing I could identify myself with.

I had a chat with a friend of mine who practices Astrology yesterday, who sent me a link to do my Birth Chart. The interpretation given by the Astrotheme site was much more accurate than the Sagittarius descriptions on the web.

He explained to me that Astrology does not predict the future, it only serves as a guide for your life, as an advisor.

So, after reading the chart´s meaning, at this particular moment in life, when I´m reconsidering many things like human relationships, where I am, and where I want to be, among others; I´m seeing Astrology in a different light.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think it's possible that astrology may reflect something about the season in which a child is conceived and born, and has less to do with literal planetary vibrations.... and perhaps more with what Jung might call synchronicity.

in my book astrology is like a limited system attempting to describe 'nature' where MBTI is sort of like it's 'nurture' counterpart.

so long as both are treated with healthy skepticism and not viewed as cold hard truths, i don't see what harm either would inherently cause.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Babe, could you give some insight as to whether the above description has manifested itself in any way, let alone any significant way, in our relationship?

Sorry, due to me etardedness and my flightiness, ;) it took me a while to get to this post, well, here are my 3 cents.

:)

Ascendant in Scorpio

Scorpio Ascendant people have a lot of presence.

Very true. (But, the same could be said for me. :))

There is something about them that tells the world that they are not to be pushed around. Their manner commands respect, and in some cases, fear. Scorpio rising people can be quiet or loud, but they always seem powerful and determined.

Absolutely true, without a doubt, the above describes Z to a T. :yes:

You either love or hate Scorpio rising people— they are rarely people who go through life unnoticed. In fact, some of them are confused when faced with the fact that they get such strong reactions from others. They seem to look right through people, seeing through superficiality. This can be quite intimidating to some, and intriguing to others. Scorpio rising people, in their dealings with others, look for answers by reading between the lines. Surface details are discarded when they are getting a feel for people and situations around them.

True, this does describe him well, but yet again, the above describes me well, too, and I am a Virgo, with I forgot what ascendant. :p

Scorpio rising people value their privacy so much, it can border on paranoia. They have a strong need to control their environment and are experts at strategy. Rarely people who will blow their chances with impatience, they plan out their moves carefully and deliberately, relying on their awesome ability to feel out others and situations.

Ridiculously spot on!!! Especially the paranoia part. :D

Scorpio rising natives are drawn to down-to-earth, natural partners.

I'd hope so. :wub:

But, wait, who isn't drawn to down-to-earth, natural partners. :thelook:

Reliability in their partner is very important. They generally look for complete commitment and have little patience with flighty partners.

True, hahahahahahaa, Z's in trouble..... :smile:

MacabreCharade

Scorpio rising natives are drawn to down-to-earth, natural partners.

I'd hope so. :wub:

But, wait, who isn't drawn to down-to-earth, natural partners. :thelook

Quite the amount of people, I'd say. Doubt you'd find a lot of them browsing online forums in order to respond, though.

Clubbing is probably what plenty of those flighty one-night-stand-preferring people often do, for example.

An important trait for scorpio rise are the piercing eyes, which has become quite a common thing to bring up when it comes to those people. Some people apparently have issues tolerating the pressure when they're being stared down by a scorpio, even if it's from distance. Some feel as if they're being undressed by them, which wouldn't be surprising, since the scorpio rules the sexual organs. But usually they're just observing.

Privycee

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The way I think of it, if there's any truth to astrology:

1. Maybe our personalities are not written BY the stars but rather IN the stars..
2. The planets are not doing anything to you, they simply represent the urges you happen to already have (for some reason or another).
3. Newspaper astrology could be real, but it's so vague and bad astrology that you might as well call it random guessing. There's more the sun signs than newspaper astrology, and there's more to astrology than sun signs.

If you're interested in reading more, just do a google search and read as much about it as you can. There are plenty of books. At the end of the day, it's pretty complicated and faith-based. I look at it as one of several possibilities, and use it for self-reflection. It gives me ideas to consider, some sort of framework to bounce ideas of off. Do I believe in it? Yes, a small part of me must assume there's some truth to it. But, would I commit to believing in it? No, that would silly to relentlessly avow to its truth in the presence of contradictory data.

Can someone explain how when you were born affects your personality?
Also what are the planets doing to me?
Is newspaper astrology real astrology?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
^ Though, wouldn't that be the same as typology? Or anything else?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, I believe in astrology, mbti, socionics and everything else I can impress woman with :)