• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

reconciling your facade with your inner self

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You want to acknowledge that things aren't and haven't exactly been peachy, but don't want people to treat you like a sad puppy, yes?

You'll find people who will, but you'll definitely find people who won't. The good thing about this is it will show you who actually listens and believes what you are telling them when you do and that's necessary for close relationships with people.
I've had to weed out a few people due to that, but in turn i've become very close with others who do understand. It is honesty and awareness, not a cry for help and pity.

Start opening up a bit when you can. In times where you would usually hesitate to share, just shake it off and share. It works in a lot of life circumstances and you may be prompted to explain, but good. It's a step in the right direction and toward more personal growth.
:hug:
I'm glad you shared this. That's awesome in itself.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

easier said than done though- I don't care to be slapped with that stigma :blush: 3 of us (the man, his best friend and me) discussed a topic along those lines when out together one evening and all have a basic understanding of where we're coming from (the conclusion that all of us have issues and are there for each other when needed) but I don't care to put a label on myself or openly discuss it for fear of what I've seen happen to others- I don't live in a highly educated area and there's a lot of stigmatization of anyone who's "different" :)

I'd rather be blamed for my own bad behavior than have it blamed on something else :laugh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure if this is related to what you're experiencing but thought it might be worth sharing this.

About the Shadow - Seeing Your Shadow Side, Reclaiming the Repressed Selves Within Shadow Works

Highlander- I'd started a thread on that back when I first joined and didn't get a good response... it might explain why I always tend to hang out with INFJs here though :) I can see some of that... and the interesting fact that I developed Fe during that period (and lived as an introvert for a year!) as well :yes:

Curious as to why there wasn't a good response. I believe this stuff to be quite important. Can you post a link to the thread?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh no! maybe I'm confused, it must have been the start of a discussion in my blog instead :doh:

either that or it got lost forever in the annals of the forum *sigh*

I could have sworn I asked about it a long time ago and never really got an answer though :thinking: back when I was an ISTP or something :sadbanana:

** is possibly finally losing it

it really IS a topic that needs discussion though- and I can see it in myself definitley- I looked back through my old blog the other day and could see it in posts made at certain times :)