User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I used to run and was quite good about making sure I was as unaware as possible, but you can't run forever- I'll admit to not enjoying spending any long periods of time by myself without distractions- then my brain catches up with me and taunts me. Distractions have kept me alive

And I fear that I kind of am the poster child of extroversion then... I even confirm the how it's supposed to work

I've always felt bad for introverts because they DO introspect so much more... I can't be sure as to whether it's as horrible for them as it's tended to be for me, but that sounds like a living hell in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

A certain amount of introspection is what keeps us sane (relatively ).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^says the introvert

I've tried introspecting and didn't like it one bit... I was of the conclusion that it would damage what sanity I had left
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ^says the introvert

I've tried introspecting and didn't like it one bit... I was of the conclusion that it would damage what sanity I had left
    Ahhh... this explains why introspecting doesn't bother me then.

As I grew older, I became more extraverted and had to learn to deal with the world as a more extraverted person. Would you say that you are becoming more introverted?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... I'm still about as severe of an extrovert as the board has

I truly suck at introspecting and hate doing it- the extroverted approach seems much more pleasant and easier to me... if I became an introvert I'd probably become completely batty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^says the introvert

Never said you need to, just explaining why we don't go too crazy doing it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's because it's how you function and I'm supposing that extroverting like me would be the worst thing possible to you!

I've been known to go grociery shopping just so that I can chat with strangers while stuck in line

Inner and Outer Freedom

I have found the nicest thing in the world is to express my inner self.

I have found it so nice I do it in the teeth of opposition, in the face of authority, and in spite of trivialization.

And it works for me as I tend to be humourous and warm, and I get laughs every day and warm smiles in return.

I find I am drawn to Christopher Hitchens, not because of his anti-theism, but because he loves inner freedom.

And not only does he love inner freedom but he expresses it to the world - and he obviously enjoys himself.

All this of course is no accident for self expression is the very heart of art.

And art is simply a vehicle for carrying the inner self into the outer world, safely.

And living in a prosperous and educated society, where the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common, self expression is starting to be valued for its own sake.

Self expression does not mean saying the first thing that comes into your head, nor does it mean narcissism, nor does it mean acting out. Rather self expression means being free of psychosis, being free of the defence mechanisms of neurosis, and being free of conformity.

Inner and outer freedom is the very soul of self expression. And self expression is in love with freedom.

And the reward for self expression is ecstasy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's nice, though not particularly relevant

that's nice, though not particularly relevant
    It's relevant to me at this very moment.

I am sorry it is not relevant to you because although I love freedom, I like to share it as well.