• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dreams: How Do You Dance with Your Chimera

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't even remember dreaming when I was younger... not until I was in my 20s and things started to go wrong... since that point I've pretty consistantly had nightmares... usually about someone chasing me and trying to kill me :blush:

yeah, i don't remember dreams from much more than a year or so ago. i remember having nightmares when i was about 19 to 23 or so, but don't really remember what they were about.

when i have nightmares now there is someone out there waiting to get me, like you said. but they are not chasing me very actively, and i never see them. it is more a sense that no matter where i go i will never be safe.

yeah- the fears that seem really REAL in a nightmare can easily be abated by a warm sleeping person... especially when they snore very consistantly :doh:

haha, i am the snorer in my relationship. :doh:
but my wife likes to sleep with her head on my chest, and i think i like it even more than she does!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah, i don't remember dreams from much more than a year or so ago. i remember having nightmares when i was about 19 to 23 or so, but don't really remember what they were about.

when i have nightmares now there is someone out there waiting to get me, like you said. but they are not chasing me very actively, and i never see them. it is more a sense that no matter where i go i will never be safe.

there's nothing more disturbing than that "you'll never be safe" feeling... I don't even really know who they are usually (sometimes it's Hitler :shock:) or why they're after me, I just know that they are :(

haha, i am the snorer in my relationship. :doh:
but my wife likes to sleep with her head on my chest, and i think i like it even more than she does!

I have a snorer who can't sleep unless he has an arm draped over me and an arm under my pillow... something about the snoring is soothing once you get used to it... at first it was horrible :laugh:

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Any other than me having three dreams, at different nights even in different points of life but all three making sense of a larger dream all together?

In my first dream, I was with my classmates and needed to outrun an exploding volcano.
The second dream, I was just entering the wonderful habitat of a silent volcano, with my classmates and studying flora and fauna.
The third dream, I had just ended my last class about how rich the grass were and why and stuff (there's just too many silly explanations in dreams sometimes, not to say I'm not actually pondering them but I am too shy to share.), to get to a vault and pull it with my friends and that was the beginning of the volcano eruption.

So 3-1-2.

My classmates never changed, they were all from a class I had when I was in middle school.

First dream when I was around 6, had yet to meet my classmates in real life but even so I knew them in my dreams.
Second dream when I was 13½, remember this one quite well. It was darn lovely, and it was this class's pupils that were my friends in the dream. Also, I remembered the earlier dream and started making notes.
Third dream when I was 17, just after a horrid scenario in life and somehow it all felt connected, right there. Been thinking about these sometimes.

What I've noticed though is that more or less all my dreams have connections in between them and there's usually three dreams of one scenario. I've had whole months with reoccurring themes, lost track of which part was real because I dreamed about a landscape that I interacted with, woke up and interacted here just to dream about the same landscape with consequences of my changes; Doing this for a month can really twist my head.

Another of my really horrid dreams were about a Something that said that Something could make me live my wildest dreams but in return, I have to pay with dreams I haven't made true in real life yet. Something gave me one free deal; And I marveled at Something's powers, sold half my heart and have felt even more at loss ever since.
This is probably the most scary dream I've had.

Anyone else sold their dreams in dreams? I've been told by Something that my mother, brother and my mothers sister had all been there. Spending greatly, except for my brother who was a bit more skeptic.

This makes me believe that others may have been to his little shop as well.

On the Dream self.
Most often I am female, at a lesser extent I am male; I have been creatures I've never seen before (or at least I cannot recall them unless in specific dream world's) and I have been less human animals too, most usually cat's in different forms but also deer's and bee's (after reading the "wyrd sisters" - by T. Pratchett) which was a very cool experience - although and unfortunately very influenced by the book. Also, at times there hasn't been physical bodies.

Body shape - type of thinking.

Have you had different ways to think during dreams?
Perhaps also, different motivations?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Some pretty intense dreams here. It is interesting how key elements come into play like fire, water, wind and earth. Orobas' water dreams seem to sugest a more direct life line to their emotional state of mind. Whereas Gtzk fire dreams infer transition, loss and enlightenment.

On the Dream self.
Most often I am female, at a lesser extent I am male; I have been creatures I've never seen before (or at least I cannot recall them unless in specific dream world's) and I have been less human animals too, most usually cat's in different forms but also deer's and bee's (after reading the "wyrd sisters" - by T. Pratchett) which was a very cool experience - although and unfortunately very influenced by the book. Also, at times there hasn't been physical bodies.

Body shape - type of thinking.

Have you had different ways to think during dreams?
Perhaps also, different motivations?

Although I usually represent a dream version of a man less focus seems to be on the mirror image of my awaken self. In another very lucid dream I had years and years ago I was a big German Shepard who was more intellegent than humans and able to work a computer keyboard with my paws.

Has anyone dreamed about another person here at Typo C? In fact just now I woke up either from a dream of them or immediately thinking about them. This is unusual for me although I have caught myself daydreaming about you all occasionally. :blush:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
yikes just woke up from a semi nightmare. A semi nightmare is a dream where much anxiety is expressed. This was like a coffee house art semi nightmare. Lost in a small city and completely disoriented. Waiting to be put on trial and sharing a hotel suite with the ESTJ judge and the judge's wife/girlfriend. Forgetting the room number, name and address of the hotel. Time passes by quickly and its 3 AM and court is 8:30 AM.

Weird interactions with people. For example run into some Asian semi retarded guy at a Asian food market. It looks like he is trying to start a fight with me by kicking my feet under from me...like in grade school. I am not afraid of him rather annoyed that I can't sock him one because it may bare poorly with me in court. So I tolerate him.

Later it seems he is not a bully but a dream guide and starts explaining the dream world and what I have to do to find the hotel and the courthouse.

Really quiet similar to Kafka's "The Trial". I love that book but when you are dreaming it and really think its happening to you while its happening...well existentialism tends to be more comfortable in a disconnect of a book.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want to recommend this book about dream work. It is very adamantly against those "dreaming of a boat means this that and this" type guides.

Personally, I must pay attention to my dreams because some powerful intuitive insights come to me through them. I have had premonitions of the future in my dreams that end up happening. It isn't something I necessarily want to pay attention to, but I feel I ought to.

Just this weekend I had a nightmare. Instead of interpreting it very literally and obviously, I felt strongly that it was indicating some trouble is coming from a certain individual in my life. I called up a friend and she was having anxieties about this same problem. And then just this morning some elements of the scenario were coming true. I'm taking steps to keep the avoid the bad outcome.

I have had lucid dreams where I took to flying because I wanted to. And I have had terribly realistic dreams where I thought out-loud I must be dreaming only to have people in the dream respond by telling me I'm in denial, to face reality, etc.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not going to try and tackle the philosophical aspects of the OP, because I think about dreams in a scientific (and sometimes Freudian) way, as opposed to a spiritual one. But then again, I've only ever really had one profound dream, and I haven't looked into it that much. But I think dream-talk is pretty interesting sometimes.

I agree that many dreams transfer meanings. Dream dictionaries are pretty good in my opinion. Free ones on the Internet.
I'm sure that dream dictionaries and such can help a lot of people, but I'm not one of them, because my dreams are about as subtle as a slap in the face. It's bizarre - I must be more ESTJ in dreams than in the waking world. :laugh: All of my dreams are action dreams, and they're technically possible (though improbable), and by that I mean that there's (almost) never any magic involved. Any dreams I have with anything remotely weird (e.g. I'm a different gender, or people are telling me that I'm an addict and that I need to seek help) are usually very easy to interpret based on whatever stressful things are going on in my life at the time.

Has anyone dreamed about another person here at Typo C? In fact just now I woke up either from a dream of them or immediately thinking about them. This is unusual for me although I have caught myself daydreaming about you all occasionally. :blush:
I definitely have. And literally, as soon as I woke up, I swore. Usually I don't talk in the morning until I'm around other people, but I definitely swore out loud right then. I was thinking "Oh no - that means I REALLY need to stop posting here so much." So now I'm trying to keep my posting to (kind of) a minimum.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't even remember dreaming when I was younger... not until I was in my 20s and things started to go wrong... since that point I've pretty consistantly had nightmares... usually about someone chasing me and trying to kill me :blush:

When I do have nightmares (rarely) it is these kind. Someone is chasing me trying to kill me. I get tired of being chased and find a weapon and wait for them to break through the door behind me. I always wake up at this point. Never end up getting the guy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I do have nightmares (rarely) it is these kind. Someone is chasing me trying to kill me. I get tired of being chased and find a weapon and wait for them to break through the door behind me. I always wake up at this point. Never end up getting the guy.
I very rarely have nightmares, but when I do, they're bad. One time, I had a nightmare in which I was losing my mind and was completely aware of it. I looked in the mirror and my face was all twisted on one side like I was having a stroke or somehting, and everything got fuzzy around the edges, and... *shudder*

I'm glad I never have nightmares about being chased. I don't think I've ever had one in my life - or at least, one where I woke up scared.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I remember grabbing weapons in quite a few dreams... usually ordinary objects that I'll be trying to hide so that I can strike them by surprize... I always wake up right before a confrontation happens... it's odd. I almost wonder what would happen if I just stayed asleep and fought them... :thinking:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If only I could dream. Seriously, I sleep without dreaming.

I read pages where people writes about their dreams because I find it amusing, since it is an unknown world to me. And, to try to learn how, or what makes you dream -without succeeding.

Twenty-six years, and no dreams at all, so, no Chimera to dance with. Maybe the absence of dreams has also an impact on life?

But, I´m fine.