User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Ooh, are we playing psychoanalyst! This INFJ wants to play! In my most humble of opinions, the way you take his impersonal posts about his views so bizarrely personally belies some frailty due to the fact that they strike a chord in you.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This is a disagreement and a topic that you and I have found ourselves having again and again.

It hurts going either way, so in the future try and not presume others to be assholes just because they happen to be masculine.
    And it seems that we are never going to agree on this subject. You continue to refer to your subjective view of masculinity as the absolute definition of masculinity, instead of analyzing personality traits for what they are, regardless of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm getting kind of confused, as I try to follow this line of conversation.

Can you clarify for me what the "positive assessment of a masculine male" is that you think is being denigrated in this thread, since a few have been put out there? I just want to make sure I am understanding what you're upset with.
    This is where the disagreement arises. Disco views certain traits as positive and then attributes those to masculinity. I view those traits as negative and not relative to either gender.

Mask manifests immediate observation about how much men of my ilk suck (not in so many words), after I had posted that I am what my life has made me.
    What the men of your ilk suck is none of my business.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

continue to refer to your subjective view of as masculinity as the absolute definition of masculinity
    I said this where?

I merely try and acknowledge my interpretation of it as equally valid as yours.

What the men of your ilk suck is none of my business.
    I have nothing to say to you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    The problem with men like this is that they are spontaneous, react too soon, make quick decisions that may not be the best solution and are too stubborn to reconsider because they have been brainwashed by society into believing that it's unmasculine to be thoughtful and considerate: the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality which is more primal than civilized. It's not really an indication of masculinity.
    I agree with this statement as a generality. It makes me think of the fact that the LAPD recently shot a man to death for completely harmlessly watering the lawn in the wee morning hours at his friends house while being drunk because they thought it was a gun. Apparently a neighbor called and was paranoid because there was some drunk dude in the back yard.

My ex is also, generically speaking, like this, though he doesn't actually shoot people. It's not a good thing, and I'm pretty certain he needs a doctor.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Mask manifests immediate observation about how much men of my ilk suck (not in so many words), after I had posted that I am what my life has made me.
    Actually no,
    he said (paraphrasing) "society teaches men to be aggressive boneheads!"
    Then you were like, "but, but, I'm an aggressive bonehead!!!!"
    Then he was like "being an aggressive bonehead is dumb because of X Y and Z"
    Then you were like

I know, I'm good.
    -end of thread-

Epiphany

I have nothing to say to you.
    Oh, sorry! I misinterpreted this post:

If anyone else has a bone to pick hop in the thread while the gettins good!

Hate

I may not be masculine... I may not be macho, but you know what, I like me. Why? Because I'm the real article.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Dp_C6ZX6c&feature=related"]-[/YOUTUBE]

I said this where?
    In there, kind of:

It's offends me to be lumped in with such miscreants just because I happen to be masculine.
    It hurts going either way, so in the future try and not presume others to be assholes just because they happen to be masculine.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    +1.
    The whole sissy-boy thing makes me want to vomit, though. Men should be men. Period.
    If some aren't, maybe they should have therapy, but not violence.
    Violence is sometimes a solution, but it really isn't if you're going to reform someone who is mentally ill.

Homosexuality is not a good thing that should be embraced by society, just dealt with on a personal basis, and perhaps with professional help.
    Just like people who want to do other really disgusting and horrible things has to keep it in their pants because it's against the law, as it still should be.

I might sound like a conservative Christian, here, and in fact this is one of the few points where I agree with them.
    Why? Because they're somewhat right, and people just don't dare to step on anyones' toes anymore. What's next? Legalizing pedophilia? Necrophilia? Zoophilia?

This is just my opinion, and I know some people won't like it one bit, but I have a right to it and a right to express it in civil discussion.
    If this gets me an infraction, it was so worth it.
    wow. you are incredibly ignorant.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Okay, thanks for explaining.

I had a lot of trouble telling from that post of yours (where you described how you were raised vs what life made you) how you felt about either of those views of masculinity. In fact, when I read that post, I thought you were actually criticizing "what life had made you" as if that was something bad, so your reaction to Mask confused me.

This is where the disagreement arises. Disco views certain traits as positive and then attributes those to masculinity. I view those traits as negative and not relative to either gender.
    Okay, thanks. I think I got that part.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    wow. you are incredibly ignorant.

I'm ignorant because I don't agree with you? How incredibly Rosie O'Donnell of you.
    I'm just sick of having to accept and even venerate something that I really loathe, and always have, because media and people tells me to.
    How can men behaving like sissies and/or not being able to procreate due to psychological reasons possibly be a good thing?
    Seems like something bad to me, objectively speaking.
    On an emotional level, though, I think it's just freaking disgusting as well. Much like I think water is wet. It just is.

I'm generally open to new ideas, i'm actually sort of progressive politically speaking, but I refuse to just follow when i think it's wrong.
    Don't assume that anyone is ignorant just because they don't happen to agree with you or most people.
    If anything, just gliding along agreeing with everyone can't exactly be viewed as being very enlightened.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come