User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I understand that you have had some less than enjoyable interactions with masculine males. But just because you have encountered several maladjusted type A personalities does not mean that we are all bad people.
    I have? What interactions are you referring to?

Most of my opinions come from observation. I was at a zoo once and saw a primate throwing feces at another one. I'm pretty sure it was a Type A personality.

It's offends me to be lumped in with such miscreants just because I happen to be masculine.

It is who I am and I will not apologize... :P
    I think your definition of masculinity is a bit askew, but you're entitled to that. By all accounts, I consider myself to be quite masculine. Whether anyone agrees with that is not of my concern.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have? What interactions are you referring to?
    The eagerness with which you throw any positive assessment of a masculine male under the bus (in my most humble of opinions) belies some hurt at the hands or words of a masculine male at some point in your life.

Epiphany

The eagerness with which you throw any positive assessment of a masculine male under the bus (in my most humble of opinions) belies some hurt at the hands or words of a masculine male at some point in your life.
    I don't recall ever throwing a "positive assessment of a masculine male" under the bus. I have expressed disagreement with what traits actually constitute masculinity, which tend to vary from culture to culture.

Enneagram

There's only one way to solve this gentleman, whip 'em out.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is a disagreement and a topic that you and I have found ourselves having again and again.

I was just making an observation...

You know the same kind you make about people...

It hurts going either way, so in the future try and not presume others to be assholes just because they happen to be masculine.

Those masculine guys have feelings too, and it hurts just as much when you walk all over them.

The eagerness with which you scrape any positive assessment of a masculine male from under the bus belies (in my most humble of opinions) some desire for the hands or words of a masculine male at some point in your life.

Ooh, are we playing psychoanalyst! This INFJ wants to play! In my most humble of opinions, the way you take his impersonal posts about his views so bizarrely personally belies some frailty due to the fact that they strike a chord in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    The problem with men like this is that they are spontaneous, react too soon, make quick decisions that may not be the best solution and are too stubborn to reconsider because they have been brainwashed by society into believing that it's unmasculine to be thoughtful and considerate: the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality which is more primal than civilized. It's not really an indication of masculinity.
    Hmmm, wonder where I could see a demonstration.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm getting kind of confused, as I try to follow this line of conversation.

Can you clarify for me what the "positive assessment of a masculine male" is that you think is being denigrated in this thread, since a few have been put out there? I just want to make sure I am understanding what you're upset with.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei
    To bring this back to topic. Bullies are the topic, afterall. The men in the OP who assumed him weird or off by carrying a satchel (a rather common instrument for men.. always has been historically) were acting because they were telling this man how he should do things. The reality is, they should disgree with it personally, but not force themselves on others.
    I agree. I was kind of struck my YLJ comments, in that they seemed to align with the men being described in the OP: They have instinctive gut feelings about deviations from the masculine norm (tied into the "gay" issue, since for some reason they felt that carrying a satchel made a man gay), and that this behavior needed to be corrected because it was wrong, and they took pains to make sure that the person in question understood that he was breaking their ideas of masculinity and that -- without knowing anything else about him -- he was threatened with violence and disrespect.

I don't know how some people end up thinking they are the defenders of a particular social construct, and that gives them a right to declare someone else functioning just fine in society as "sick" and thus a viable target for their brand of visibly destructive/violent correction or else fostering attitudes that encourages such correction to be applied.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If anyone else has a bone to pick hop in the thread while the gettins good!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I just want to make sure I am understanding what you're upset with.
    The problem with men like this is that they are spontaneous, react too soon, make quick decisions that may not be the best solution and are too stubborn to reconsider because they have been brainwashed by society into believing that it's unmasculine to be thoughtful and considerate: the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality which is more primal than civilized. It's not really an indication of masculinity.
    Mask manifests immediate observation about how much men of my ilk suck (not in so many words), after I had posted that I am what my life has made me.