User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Just watched the videos from page one. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Who said they want to be alternative? They just seem to want to be vampires. I don't know or care how many people are as strangely drawn to people dressed up as and moving like cats (as in the musical) as I am, I just know that to me the look is extremely graceful and seductive, and I'd love it if humans looked like that instead of how we actually look. The concept of vampires has stood the test of time because it's got something about it that appeals to a significant number of people. To dismiss the fascination people express as phoney and to decide they're only doing it to be different seems to be to assume that if you don't experience an attraction to something, there must be nothing to it that could attract anyone.
    It's not so much about wanting to be something else, it's wanting it so bad you believe you have become it. This is losing touch with reality. We are not talking about a nerd who thinks he is a jock either, it's not just an ordinary lack of touch with reality. We are talking about human beings who believe they are a part of a non-existent race. If I watched Lucky Charms commercial and the concept of a Leprechaun appealed to me, does that make it normal for me to think that I am one?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If you have to put fake vampire teeth in your mouth to be a vampire, you're not one.
    What if you are a vampire trapped in a human being's body?
    Have some empathy for the living undead!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What if you are a vampire trapped in a human being's body?
    Mistake number one: assuming vampires aren't human. The myth is a bit more sensational than the reality, after all.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    Mistake number one: assuming vampires aren't human. The myth is a bit more sensational than the reality, after all.
    glurg.

...What if you are a vampire trapped in a non-vampires body?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

That's sorta how it works, yes.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Vampire kitties are going to suck you dry for your sins.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

^That cat rocks my socks off.

Someone needs to start a thread titled "Idiots who literally don't think"

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    It's not so much about wanting to be something else, it's wanting it so bad you believe you have become it. This is losing touch with reality. We are not talking about a nerd who thinks he is a jock either, it's not just an ordinary lack of touch with reality. We are talking about human beings who believe they are a part of a non-existent race. If I watched Lucky Charms commercial and the concept of a Leprechaun appealed to me, does that make it normal for me to think that I am one?
    I was answering the charge that as a group they are insincere in their hobby, that it's just a way of distancing oneself from popular culture; not the charge that it's unhealthy, whatever 'it' is (most people seem to have missed the fact that the people linked to in this thread don't actually define 'vampire' in the way the term is most widely understood, so don't believe many of the things they're berated for believing anyway).

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    I was answering the charge that as a group they are insincere in their hobby, that it's just a way of distancing oneself from popular culture; not the charge that it's unhealthy, whatever 'it' is (most people seem to have missed the fact that the people linked to in this thread don't actually define 'vampire' in the way the term is most widely understood, so don't believe many of the things they're berated for believing anyway).
    Oh sorry! Thank you for clarifying I sounded all snippy too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

har har har.

I know a few people like this at skool. It's all thanks to Twilight.

Stephanie Meyers, you've doomed us all!

THE VAMPIRE INVASION IS UPON US!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?