User Tag List

First 12345 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

fear... such a loaded question, I live my whole life in fear so much fear but if I could eliminate one, just one maybe it would be the fear of succeeding..... odd I know....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You fear approaching them confidently?

What do you think is at the bottom of that fear?
    I just reread what I wrote and I think it's unclear. Fear prevents me from approaching women confidently. I don't know what's at the bottom of it, I've been severely shy since I was a toddler.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I just reread what I wrote and I think it's unclear. Fear prevents me from approaching women confidently. I don't know what's at the bottom of it, I've been severely shy since I was a toddler.
    Yeah, I was just teasing. I've been shy for years too. I think it's a fear of rejection or of the pain and loss of ego that accompanies that rejection.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, I was just teasing. I've been shy for years too. I think it's a fear of rejection or of the pain and loss of ego that accompanies that rejection.
    you're shy?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    you're shy?
    When I'm try too hard to manage my impression, I kinda cave in. It happens during interviews and on dates, and with old friends who I try too desperately to connect with. My mind goes nuts trying to solve/analyze/escape the self-consciousness and I have no more time to be myself freely.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Fear of having no time to spare for my own interests & hobbies; of being overwhelmed with uninteresting work.

It took me four years to figure out that I had this fear.

If I could conquer this one, it would make the dealings with my ADD much easier.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

When I'm try too hard to manage my impression, I kinda cave in. It happens during interviews and on dates, and with old friends who I try too desperately to connect with. My mind goes nuts trying to solve/analyze/escape the self-consciousness and I have no more time to be myself freely.
    Nice post. I'm the same way! When I'm self-conscious, it's very hard to be spontaneous or be myself. I flounder in many of the same situations you described.

I agree that fear of fear itself is probably my undoing. I psych myself out. I say, "I don't want that fear!" or I'm ashamed that I can't live up to the person I most want to be.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I would get rid of my fear of death. Sometimes it scares me soo bad.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I think most of my fears are pretty rational and I don't think any good purpose could be served by removing them. I'd like to master them, sure, but not remove them; they're for a reason.

I guess the only irrational fear I have is claustrophobia, I have that pretty bad, and I'd like that one gone. I've battled with it as long as I can remember, from my childhood, and don't seem to really have gotten anywhere - in fact it's kinda got worse. People seem to have so little sympathy for it... when you're with a bunch of boy scouts who want to go caving, there's not usually much sympathy for someone who says they don't want to help out because being in the caves makes them feel like they're going to explode from panic or pass out from hyperventilation. Friends who want to take elevators also don't tend to understand why I'd REALLY rather take the stairs.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I guess I become self-conscious only when folks start pointing out things, repeatedly. Then I think about what they said, does it make sense. Drop my feelings about it and see how I look if I were staring at a stranger with my face and name. Distancing helps.

If the critique makes sense, I take the feedback. If it does not fit into my life, I don't, afterall, they cannot live for me. But I remember what set of behaviour they like to see, and if I have to work with them next time, I behave accordingly. But I'm wary of overly critical people - sometimes they are brutally honest because they enjoy the brutality vs the honesty.

Edit: Sub yea, I don't like tight spaces too. In aircrafts I always try get the aisle seat by leaning over and whispering conspiratorially to the counter staff that "I have bladder incontinence, I have to go every half hour, and I really don't want to disturb other passengers" *lol*. It works most times.

Question, if you could trade your fear for another, which would that be, and why.