• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where do you locate your seat of consciousness within your body?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Some people have imagined childhood friends.
But they are not always imagined.

Where do the imagined friends find you when they play with you?
Not in your body.

heart

heart on fire
Often feel deep energy in my heart area or around my navel like a sixth and seveth sense perception but I feel my consciousness, my "self" somewhere behind my eyes.

wolfy

awsm
Top of spine, back. I think of my central nervous system.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Back of my head, near the bottom, slightly towards the left.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I locate mine inside my upper chest, extending towards the back of my throat and a bit to the back of my head. Does this make me a feeler who won't ever shut-up?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My eyeballs, or so it seems. Maybe the brows, this is a weird question.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
my hands they hold the answers to everything

Lark

I've always located it somewhere between my eyes, or even somewhere detached behind my head. How about you?

What like a third person game, like GTA San Andreas?

I tend to think of it being in my mind which is in my brain.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i can't picture my consciousness being inside my body, that doesn't feel right to me.
so i think that it exists outside my body, i think that it is located nowhere.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
When I'm working/studying it seems to be in my head, mostly frontal area. When I'm playing sports I definitely feel it in my chest. My guess: might be related to which part of my body is consuming more oxygen (which means the part that's receiving the highest bloody supply).

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't visualise my consciousness being within me .. I would have to say it outside of me .. Think aura. It enfolds me although invisible to the naked eye .. Every now and again you are aware of its magnitude.

Mole

Permabanned
MBTI Mythology

My consciousness has left my body and entered the noosphere.

In fact my consciousness has left my body entirely behind and become a pure spirit in the noosphere.

In this way my consciousness has followed the telos of the West from Ancient Greece to the internet.

Yes, dear reader, my consciousness has taken up abode, along with yours, on the internet.

I am tempted to tell you, be not alarmed, but I am alarmed myself, for I wake up to find I am in bed with extroverts.

This is alarming enough for me, but I can only imagine what alarm it causes the extroverts.

Thank heavens for our MBTI mythology which tells us that although we are different, we can all contribute.

The internet puts our central nervous system on the outside so we are now all exquisitely sensitive to touch. So we need a mythology like MBTI to soothe us as we move from the literate culture of books to the electronic culture of the internet.

And indeed as the very location of our consciousness changes from within our body to the noosphere.

G

Ginkgo

Every time Victor makes a post, a baby is immaculately conceived.

Victor, please think of the babies!

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, when I meditate decently, I find it loses any sense of having a location. So I'd go with that as I don't think spacial location works for consciousness. In the same way an imagined triangle doesn't really have a location, only a perceived one. (it does exist though, and using words like illusion loose all meaning when referring to the very thing that makes illusions/hallucinations/delusions what they are in the first place)

Otherwise, it depends what I'm consciously experiencing at the time. Sometimes between the ears, sometimes from the gut, sometimes the chest and sometimes outside of my body.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People have actually located their seat of consciousness here? :huh:

It seems like mine has something to do with the area right behind my forehead, because that is what feels "activated" when I am most alert, and "deactivates" when I am falling asleep.

But this is such a strange question... I guess I need to look into this kind of thing more.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
People have actually located their seat of consciousness here? :huh:

That was my first reaction...

I can't really say it's in one spot, it depends what I'm doing.

But, head, eyes (not sight, but sensation of eyes, proprioceptive?), and solar plexus.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
... I'm having trouble understanding this. I've never even thought about my seat of consciousness (whatever that means) :huh:.

Thanks, I hope you're happy. You successfully confused me!

G

garbage

My eyes are just periscopes that feed into my stomach-centered seat of consciousness