User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i can't picture my consciousness being inside my body, that doesn't feel right to me.
    so i think that it exists outside my body, i think that it is located nowhere.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

When I'm working/studying it seems to be in my head, mostly frontal area. When I'm playing sports I definitely feel it in my chest. My guess: might be related to which part of my body is consuming more oxygen (which means the part that's receiving the highest bloody supply).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't visualise my consciousness being within me .. I would have to say it outside of me .. Think aura. It enfolds me although invisible to the naked eye .. Every now and again you are aware of its magnitude.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI Mythology

My consciousness has left my body and entered the noosphere.

In fact my consciousness has left my body entirely behind and become a pure spirit in the noosphere.

In this way my consciousness has followed the telos of the West from Ancient Greece to the internet.

Yes, dear reader, my consciousness has taken up abode, along with yours, on the internet.

I am tempted to tell you, be not alarmed, but I am alarmed myself, for I wake up to find I am in bed with extroverts.

This is alarming enough for me, but I can only imagine what alarm it causes the extroverts.

Thank heavens for our MBTI mythology which tells us that although we are different, we can all contribute.

The internet puts our central nervous system on the outside so we are now all exquisitely sensitive to touch. So we need a mythology like MBTI to soothe us as we move from the literate culture of books to the electronic culture of the internet.

And indeed as the very location of our consciousness changes from within our body to the noosphere.

Ginkgo

Every time Victor makes a post, a baby is immaculately conceived.

Victor, please think of the babies!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Well, when I meditate decently, I find it loses any sense of having a location. So I'd go with that as I don't think spacial location works for consciousness. In the same way an imagined triangle doesn't really have a location, only a perceived one. (it does exist though, and using words like illusion loose all meaning when referring to the very thing that makes illusions/hallucinations/delusions what they are in the first place)

Otherwise, it depends what I'm consciously experiencing at the time. Sometimes between the ears, sometimes from the gut, sometimes the chest and sometimes outside of my body.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

People have actually located their seat of consciousness here?

It seems like mine has something to do with the area right behind my forehead, because that is what feels "activated" when I am most alert, and "deactivates" when I am falling asleep.

But this is such a strange question... I guess I need to look into this kind of thing more.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    People have actually located their seat of consciousness here?
    That was my first reaction...

I can't really say it's in one spot, it depends what I'm doing.

But, head, eyes (not sight, but sensation of eyes, proprioceptive?), and solar plexus.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

... I'm having trouble understanding this. I've never even thought about my seat of consciousness (whatever that means) .

Thanks, I hope you're happy. You successfully confused me!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

garbage

My eyes are just periscopes that feed into my stomach-centered seat of consciousness