User Tag List

First 1321222324 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    If Jaguar were to bring more substantive information to the table, then he would at least have the appearance of being more credible than he does right now.
    Paying a vanity press money to self-publish doesn't give anyone credibility.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh wow you two are still arguing? Hasn't it been like a week?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Oh wow you two are still arguing? Hasn't it been like a week?
    We've been arguing for more than 6 months.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I think that both Jaguar and simulatedworld find common ground in the revelry of arguing for the sake of argumentation itself. If Jaguar were to bring more substantive information to the table, then he would at least have the appearance of being more credible than he does right now. Thus far, I think that sim's current theory is correct except for his belief that the generic functional orientation orders must be universal and applicable to all people. Of course, I have no concrete evidence to prove otherwise, as we are discussing abstract figures. They will remain as such until someone efficiently designates function with brain hemisphere, but even then we are inhibited by the barrier of consciousness itself. I have always held the belief that the brain operates on a synergistic and 3 dimensional level; unlike our computer counterparts that work on 2 dimensions. And as such complex organs, they communicate to themselves interdependently. So the functions are layered and interwoven in the conscious individual. So I question whether Ti is completely expunged when Fi is inaction; because such a notion would also dictate that the brain completely ceases to communicate in one area in order to completely accommodate another area. This is possible, but until I hear it falsified by a neurologist/typologist, I'm going to remain agnostic about it.
    If I believed generic function orders applied to everyone I wouldn't be able to support the idea of dom-tert loops. Those require people to use two functions primarily which are not the standard dominant and auxiliary; therefore, my theory includes cases where people do not follow the generic function orders.

I am disappointed that your comprehension of my ideas has been weak enough to miss this point. In case I haven't explained to you, the standard function orders, imho, represent only theoretical ideals that form the most balanced and successful personality forms (ENTJ being by far the best and most successful at everything, of course.)

There are people who don't use them in that order; they just suffer from personality imbalances by having too much extroversion (too dependent on external validation), too much introversion (too dependent on internal validation), too much perception (inability to take action or make decisions) or too much judgment (stubbornness and inability to change with new information.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    There are people who don't use them in that order; they just suffer from personality imbalances by having too much extroversion (too dependent on external validation), too much introversion (too dependent on internal validation), too much perception (inability to take action or make decisions) or too much judgment (stubbornness and inability to change with new information.)
    +1

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Paying a vanity press money to self-publish doesn't give anyone credibility.
    Objection, relevance.

Ginkgo

I am disappointed that your comprehension of my ideas has been weak enough to miss this point.
    Note to self - Reading threads from last page to first page does not increase reading comprehension.

EDIT: A Liberal ISTJ is like a baby being born with a beard.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ That's kind of an exaggeration. It's true that ISTJs tend a bit more toward conservatism than liberalism, but your perception of this as near-ubiquitous might have to do with the area of the country you live in. If it's a very conservative area, then most of the SJs you know are going to lean conservative because that's what they know. In downtown Atlanta, I've met a lot of liberal SJs (and yes, even STJs) because a lot more of them have been raised in a liberal environment.

My ESTJ older sister, for instance, is possibly the most liberal person I've ever met. Consider that this might be a function of where you live to a much higher degree than you thought.

Ginkgo

Dude, it was purely in jest.

Ginkgo

I am disappointed that your comprehension of my ideas has been weak enough to miss this point. In case I haven't explained to you, the standard function orders, imho, represent only theoretical ideals that form the most balanced and successful personality forms (ENTJ being by far the best and most successful at everything, of course.)
    Success only hinges on the demands of the environment. Because environments shift, and people acclimate themselves to better suite them, there is no universally ideal archetype or function order. That's like saying that humans are more evolved that brine shrimp. They're not. Swap them with each other's environment and they both die.