User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

js grasp the world thru singularity. they see the one map that shows the information relevant to the question as an overarching, generalized abstraction (njs).

ps see the world thru the lens of difference. rather than being formed out of identity, seeing something as generalizable and the same (enough) as something else, they focus on particularity. meaning is based on possibilities moving forward (nps), the difference between possibilities constitues the meaning of the move. ps are multi-threaded, they can keep open more possibilities, and backtrack a few (inps vs enps sway the balance between some backtracking and ALL forward). it's like you scan the possibliities, and move in a direction, and then from that moment you kind of merge with the moment and scan for new possibilities.

js need to see the end goal in sight. they need to have a sense of direction that is not so in the moment. or access to the overmap to know why they are doing what they are doing. a generalized over-arching center/gravitational force to hold their actions together (whereas ps make decisions based on their own inner compass, based on particularity, in the moment instead, trusting their Ji). being in the moment is stressful for me, if i have to be and am not prepared. my enp friends, contrasting, hate not being in the moment enough to really explore possibilities. the sense of "we must go this direction" is limiting bc they don't get a chance to really explore, check out options, keep things open-ended, etc.

i see it as multiplicity (p) vs singularity (j). i need to see the way in which to see everything, the BLENDED best vantage point. i'm thinking js blend into one map, and ps maintain that difference is what makes the disparate forms of information relevant to them, keeping open access to a wide variety of mini-maps/simulations based on individual, particular possibilities.

(this is probably a dominant perceiver Ni-Ne bias, because for other types their judgment function could be a higher priority than perceiving in their overall make-up, or because they could be Si-Se and i really don't understand those very well yet).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    because someone using a weak, Fe tert function would not rock the boat, but would step back and observe the rules of society.
    I don't think this is a characteristic of INTJs, generally speaking. Even the ones who aren't planning to take over the world take great delight in things like abortion jokes, or at the very least (in the older, "healthier" ones) disregard the opinions of others to seek to fulfill their own visions.

Not Fe.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't think this is a characteristic of INTJs, generally speaking. Even the ones who aren't planning to take over the world take great delight in things like abortion jokes, or at the very least (in the older, "healthier" ones) disregard the opinions of others to seek to fulfill their own visions.

Not Fe.
    Yeah, it might also be that some utilize Fe and others utilize Fi. Perhaps it depends a lot on age of the INTJ, because it's generally assumed the tert function doesn't develop until somewhere in the 20's to "midlife" range. Also, most definitely other factors, like one's ego state, or genetics, contribute as well. Maybe the ones you are used to use Fi more. I know them to use Fe more.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, it might also be that some utilize Fe and others utilize Fi. Perhaps it depends a lot on age of the INTJ, because it's generally assumed the tert function doesn't develop until somewhere in the 20's to "midlife" range. Also, most definitely other factors, like one's ego state, or genetics, contribute as well. Maybe the ones you are used to use Fi more. I know them to use Fe more.
    Maybe the ones you know are INFJs

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Maybe the ones you know are INFJs
    haha. not.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    js grasp the world thru singularity. they see the one map that shows the information relevant to the question as an overarching, generalized abstraction (njs).

ps see the world thru the lens of difference. rather than being formed out of identity, seeing something as generalizable and the same (enough) as something else, they focus on particularity. meaning is based on possibilities moving forward (nps), the difference between possibilities constitues the meaning of the move. ps are multi-threaded, they can keep open more possibilities, and backtrack a few (inps vs enps sway the balance between some backtracking and ALL forward). it's like you scan the possibliities, and move in a direction, and then from that moment you kind of merge with the moment and scan for new possibilities.

js need to see the end goal in sight. they need to have a sense of direction that is not so in the moment. or access to the overmap to know why they are doing what they are doing. a generalized over-arching center/gravitational force to hold their actions together (whereas ps make decisions based on their own inner compass, based on particularity, in the moment instead, trusting their Ji). being in the moment is stressful for me, if i have to be and am not prepared. my enp friends, contrasting, hate not being in the moment enough to really explore possibilities. the sense of "we must go this direction" is limiting bc they don't get a chance to really explore, check out options, keep things open-ended, etc.

i see it as multiplicity (p) vs singularity (j). i need to see the way in which to see everything, the BLENDED best vantage point. i'm thinking js blend into one map, and ps maintain that difference is what makes the disparate forms of information relevant to them, keeping open access to a wide variety of mini-maps/simulations based on individual, particular possibilities.

(this is probably a dominant perceiver Ni-Ne bias, because for other types their judgment function could be a higher priority than perceiving in their overall make-up, or because they could be Si-Se and i really don't understand those very well yet).
    This would make a lot of sense in regard to how i am. I often question my J-ness and always test as a P, even though there's no doubt in my type.
    I'm laid back in what i want to obtain and how i obtain it, but it is very specific.
    I take what you describe Ps doing here "you kind of merge with the moment and scan for new possibilities" and will keep most things open-ended. The reality is that i do have an ultimate end goal that simply allows for more open-ended options. If i lose sight of that goal, i'm rendered immobile. It can feel like i'm a J in a disguise .
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

garbage

So which dichotomy would maintain a philosophy of "don't take any actions that are detrimental to your overreaching goals and what you really want in life"? Because that's pretty much my mantra.

Which leads to me doing things like this, too:

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I saved for 5 years to move to another country

So, uh,

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    So which dichotomy would maintain a philosophy of "don't take any actions that are detrimental to your overreaching goals and what you really want in life"? Because that's pretty much my mantra.
    ummm, a healthy one? is this a trick question? i think the balance component of all typology systems is to balance inner and outer, short term and long-term, away from (pessimism) and toward (optimism). (maybe realistic (think: modality), and idealistic (think: desire for improvement) would also recognize another tension to be skillfully dealt with thru living.

the specific way you model (and merge with) the world is irrelevant if you are somewhat accurate, mostly successful at it, etc, and you can find a way to begin to see how to communicate with and connect to others who do not model the world in the same methodological process as you do. it also effects what situations you feel most comfortable and natural performing/acting in.

what the specific way you model the world does impact, more directly, is how easy it is for you to communicate with others, how much translation must take place to make your thoughts understandable/palatable for others who do not think like you, whose attention is focused on other frequencies of experience, etc.

i also think your question is more directed at an ego-level of problematic than mb, which i find provides pre-conditions for ego, experiential blindspots that create the need for an ego-complex to defend against them, organize motivation and skill development in relatedly connected ways, etc. finding how to use your skills for a purpose that is balanced between the good and bad of you, accepting what you are, without huge distortion, is incredibly difficult.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

They all use both; they're just not INTJs if they prefer Fe over Fi.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    They all use both; they're just not INTJs if they prefer Fe over Fi.
    Okay, I'll bite.

Who says?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com