User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

J/P preference is the most contested and you get slightly different answers depending on which authority you ask.

in general, J/P is about tension. J feel tension to decide now. P feel tension to decide later. The effect is that while the J is more opportunistic, the P had a greater potential payoff by waiting for more info.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're the one who wrote the nutty post months ago saying you don't use Se.
    You can't see, smell, hear or fart.
    Se isn't an action. Seeing, smelling hearing and farting do not constitute "using Se."
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    J/P preference is the most contested and you get slightly different answers depending on which authority you ask.

in general, J/P is about tension. J feel tension to decide now. P feel tension to decide later. The effect is that while the J is more opportunistic, the P had a greater potential payoff by waiting for more info.

My brother took 3 months to choose a car. He still bought a car he hated.
    I walked in, test drove a car, and bought mine the same day. No regrets.

"Waiting for more information," frequently means the person is just postponing a bad decision.
    It doesn't matter how long they wait - it still sucks.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

"Waiting for more information," frequently means the person is just postponing a bad decision.
    nah, that's just your brother

Ginkgo

Everything that's happening here exemplifies a certain communication dysfuct that tends to happen between individuals of Fi+Te judging preference and Fe+Ti judging preference.

Sim, I have to be honest. I can't wrap my head around the notion that the functions are just "definitions". Or at least, that's how you prescribe them in my opinion. They were derived from observed behaviors, and observed cognitive orientations. As observed orientations, they should be readily seen to the "typologist"; and this is why we have Typology central. However, one action may not necessarily entail a cognitive preference.

To be perfectly clear, usually when someone says "using" this function or "using" that function, they are inferring that function is in the first 4 preferred functions of the archetype of the individual. However, we all use all of our functions to one degree or another. MBTI simply highlights one's preferences.

Ginkgo

A person who spends his time obsessing over typology paradigms but denies they ever happen is like an entomologist who denies the fact that insects are crawling around in his front yard.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Se isn't an action. Seeing, smelling hearing and farting do not constitute "using Se."

Sim, a well-known Jungian psychologist burst out laughing when I told him you said, "I don't use Se."
    He replied, "Oh? How does he drive a car?"
    I was discussing MBTI and the SL-TDI with him, on the phone.

I'm not sure what your excuse is for not even knowing the basic meaning of the functions,
    but you certainly shouldn't be judging Aphrodite's knowledge of the functions when you don't even know them yourself.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Translation: "ENTJs are better than everyone, moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    Everything that's happening here exemplifies a certain communication dysfuct that tends to happen between individuals of Fi+Te judging preference and Fe+Ti judging preference.

Sim, I have to be honest. I can't wrap my head around the notion that the functions are just "definitions". Or at least, that's how you prescribe them in my opinion. They were derived from observed behaviors, and observed cognitive orientations. As observed orientations, they should be readily seen to the "typologist"; and this is why we have Typology central. However, one action may not necessarily entail a cognitive preference.

To be perfectly clear, usually when someone says "using" this function or "using" that function, they are inferring that function is in the first 4 preferred functions of the archetype of the individual. However, we all use all of our functions to one degree or another. MBTI simply highlights one's preferences.
    No, they're not just definitions. They're descriptions of the bases from which people construct their worldviews.

Yes we all use every function on occasion; some are just used much less frequently than people think.

Sim, a well-known Jungian psychologist burst out laughing when I told him you said, "I don't use Se."
    He replied, "Oh? How does he drive a car?"
    I was discussing MBTI and the SL-TDI with him, on the phone.

I'm not sure what your excuse is for not even knowing the basic meaning of the functions,
    but you certainly shouldn't be judging Aphrodite's knowledge of the functions when you don't even know them yourself.
    That's interesting. Does he have any books out or anything I can read?

I don't believe that I never use Se, just that it's unnatural and not something I can do easily. It took me a really long time to become a competent driver because, in order to pay attention to Se, I have to temporarily ignore Ne, which is pretty hard.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Ginkgo

When your opponent resorts to ad hominem attacks, pity them; for you are the victor.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    When your opponent resorts to ad hominem attacks, pity them; for you are the victor.
    He is not Victor.