First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    P.T.--Jung, pps. 387-388 seems good enough to start.

As Jung says, noticing and understanding Fi is more a subjective feeling than an conscious thought process.
    That's good. Now what's your definition of Fi, since you make your own framework?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's good. Now what's your definition of Fi, since you make your own framework?
    I feel Fi, so I haven't put my own words to it yet. I haven't needed to as much. I take things in here in over a year of reading about Fi and Fi users, observing them, feeling them. I can (put words to it). Just haven't yet. Besides, I happen to like this definition of Jung's. I don't always want to recreate the wheel.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I feel Fi, so I haven't put my own words to it yet. I haven't needed to as much. I take things in here in over a year of reading about Fi and Fi users, observing them, feeling them. I can (put words to it). Just haven't yet. Besides, I happen to like this definition of Jung's. I don't always want to recreate the wheel.
    So what differentiates Fe from Fi, then?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Her past is illuminating somewhat. Eldest of three children. Father was a pharmacist. Nonpracticing Jews. She came of age during the Russian Revolution and saw the rise of the Bolshevik party; her father's pharmacy was taken over by the Soviets and they had to flee the country. So this gives a bit of background for her anti-communist/anti-government capitalist ideals.
    Yeah, I understand that about her. It's clear that she was scarred by her past. I agree.

Maybe the so-called INTJ evil masterminds are the ones who DO use Fi, and don't extravert enough with Fe; that with an incredibly strong Ni, using another introverted function could tip one way over into imbalance, whereas those with more moderate or mild Ni could buffer more easily extra dips into introversion without becoming unbalanced. Perhaps strong Ni acts as a magnet on T or F, pulling one or both of them into an introverted orientation when T or F don't take care to extravert to the world to balance heavy Ni out.
    I think this paragraph shows a ridiculous prejudice against Fi, as though you think Fe is "healthier." NO - all INTJs have tert Fi, and apparently you don't recognize it in healthier INTJs.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ok, I was actually looking for this for a different thread, but I think it fits better here.

Can you honestly tell me that this person has Fe? Her morality is so Fi...in fact, while I'm not an Objectivist by any stretch of the imagination, I completely agree with what she says about love at 7:02 - 7:15. So unbelievably Fi. I could happily quote what she says there.

[YOUTUBE="7ukJiBZ8_4k"]A famous INTJ who absolutely did not have Fe[/YOUTUBE]
    I don't see how anyone could take her seriously. Her ideas are interesting but not novel. See how she reacts to a question from a person in the audience
    YouTube - Ayn Rand Phil Donahue Interview Part 4 of 5
    from 6:02 onward
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

I think this paragraph shows a ridiculous prejudice against Fi, as though you think Fe is "healthier."
    But Fe is healthier. Look at the KKK - such warm and loving people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    But Fe is healthier. Look at the KKK - such warm and loving people.
    Oh I know! And Hitler?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think this paragraph shows a ridiculous prejudice against Fi, as though you think Fe is "healthier." NO - all INTJs have tert Fi, and apparently you don't recognize it in healthier INTJs.
    agreed

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    I don't see how anyone could take her seriously. Her ideas are interesting but not novel. See how she reacts to a question from a person in the audience
    YouTube - Ayn Rand Phil Donahue Interview Part 4 of 5
    from 6:02 onward
    You don't have to tell me twice. I'm no Randroid, in fact, it's funny because I usually refer to her as being "a high brow romance novelist." I don't think philosophy books begin with odes to the beauty of the nude male body, nor do they contain lascivious accounts of how hot men look when they're hard at work.

Te :order, efficiency and rigid thinking
    Ti : turning your observations into knowledge and trying to understand concepts and logic that govern the universe.

get it right Jaguar.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.