User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 234

  1. #101
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Hate is such a strong word. How bout lack of synergy?
    Yes, hate is a strong word.
    Here's the exact words you posted on someone's wall.

    "I am definitely not an ENTJ, and there is no other type I hate more than them."

    Perhaps psychotherapy would help you deal with your hatred.

  2. #102
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default



    well that was yesterdays news. Things change, people change, the world change.

    PS. How many times you stalk me and visit my wall, because I am flattered to have a big fan.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  3. #103
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Read my edit. It isn't obvious at all. Fe generally has much more social finesse, as well as caring much more about what other people think. I'm not sure how you came to associate this with ITJs unless you're using socionics. I'm baffled, actually.
    And I'm baffled that you are baffled. Fe in a tert position will not look like an Fe aux which will not look like an Fe dom. They are all very different beasts, as you can imagine. Same with Fi dom/aux/tert. It will mute down, the farther you go from the dominant, but the basic underlying thrust will be the same; Fe cares about others; either in a group, facilitative way (Fe dom), in an individual way (Fe aux), or in a distancing this-person(s)-might-be-necessary-for-some-reason sort of way (Fe tert). That's how I see it.

    This is more prominent to me, than a sticking to one's principles kind of representation (Fi), although I can see how people would interpret it thus. And, indeed I could be wrong. But I have been up close and personal to INTJs and, in a more limited basis with ENTPs and other Fi doms/auxs/terts, and can readily feel the difference between the two; I think because of my aux Fe and Ni or something.

    It's really neither here nor there, just interesting to note. What's really interesting is how much we analyze our tert functions and their roles in our lives, and analyze how they interact with our dom and aux functions. So if the majority of us are wrong in this, then every post that ties the wrong functions up is really a wasted effort. It shows how important it is to get a theory right.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #104
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post


    well that was yesterdays news. Things change, people change, the world change.

    PS. How many times you stalk me and visit my wall, because I am flattered to have a big fan.
    I've never visited your wall in my life, goofball.
    And your hatred comment, was quite recent.

    Any other bullshit lies you want to post?

  5. #105
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post


    well that was yesterdays news. Things change, people change, the world change.

    PS. How many times you stalk me and visit my wall, because I am flattered to have a big fan.
    Don't get too flattered. He stalks everyone. What else does he have to do while he waits for his pizzas?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  6. #106
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    He stalks everyone.
    I am also a freemason, and a member of the illuminati.
    Change your username to aphrodite123.

  7. #107
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I am also a freemason, and a member of the illuminati.
    Change your username to aphrodite123.
    psycho!

    if you can outstalk me, you're pretty good.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  8. #108
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    And I'm baffled that you are baffled.

    Fe in a tert position will not look like an Fe aux which will not look like an Fe dom.
    But you're totally making this up. In MBTI INTJs have tert Fi. In socionics it would be inferior Fe. Why wouldn't I be baffled?

    They are all very different beasts, as you can imagine. Same with Fi dom/aux/tert. It will mute down, the farther you go from the dominant, but the basic underlying thrust will be the same; Fe cares about others; either in a group, facilitative way (Fe dom), in an individual way (Fe aux), or in a distancing this-person(s)-might-be-necessary-for-some-reason sort of way (Fe tert). That's how I see it.
    That's not what Fe is. Fe is basing core values upon agreed with the group. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll cling to a conservative Christian upbringing, but you'll be more likely to adjust your values to your primary group. Fe is not just "caring about others." ANYBODY can care about others.

    This is more prominent to me, than a sticking to one's principles kind of representation (Fi), although I can see how people would interpret it thus. And, indeed I could be wrong. But I have been up close and personal to INTJs and, in a more limited basis with ENTPs and other Fi doms/auxs/terts, and can readily feel the difference between the two; I think because of my aux Fe and Ni or something.
    My dad was an ISTJ. I've known several ISTJs, and a couple of INTJs, and I really don't think they're Fe folks. Why would a "lone wolf" INTJ have tert Fe? That doesn't even make sense.

    You haven't adequately described why you think this, other than to say you "feel" that way. I mean, I totally relate to saying I feel a certain way about something, but in this particular instance, since you're making up new function orders, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to ask you to give a more detailed explanation to why you think you see Fe in common ITJ behavior.

    It's really neither here nor there, just interesting to note. What's really interesting is how much we analyze our tert functions and their roles in our lives, and analyze how they interact with our dom and aux functions. So if the majority of us are wrong in this, then every post that ties the wrong functions up is really a wasted effort. It shows how important it is to get a theory right.
    This sounds like Ti....

  9. #109
    Senior Member LeafAndSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Fe-Fi-Toe-Tum . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I can't help but naturally 'tweak' the ideas and definitions to fit. It's just what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This [do anything to keep a theory intact -even if it's wrong] is unfortunately true.
    Passes adventurousairheadedaphrodite (depending on your point of view) a recipe for lemon meringue pie. Waits 3 1/2 hours. Mmmm, almond meringue pie with pomegranate seeds. You should enter this in a contest!

    Passes securestucksimulated (depending on your point of view) a recipe for lemon meringue pie. Waits 3 1/2 hours. Mmmm, classic lemon meringue pie, perfection of classic. You should enter this in a contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Nothing like missing the forest for the trees.
    I like forests (thus the user name). It seems to me that the bigger the forest-picture I can entertain, the easier life goes. How freeing it is to zoom out on a thought-picture to the . . very . . . . end . . . . . . of . . . . . . . . vanishment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The both of you actually deserve each other
    Here's a big picture. If A and B each tell each other they're acting 'wrong', and then C tells them they're in some way acting 'wrong' doing that, is C acting similarly 'wrong'? And if D points out that C is acting similarly 'wrong', is D then acting 'wrong'?

    A person could get left with nothing to talk about.

    [Retreats to the observation deck.]

  10. #110
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But you're totally making this up. In MBTI INTJs have tert Fi. In socionics it would be inferior Fe. Why wouldn't I be baffled?
    Who made what up? Depends on who you're talking about. The original guru, for all intents and purposes, aligned the tertiary opposite the dominant. Was he right? Or wrong? Or someone who came after him? Who is to say what is right?

    That's not what Fe is. Fe is basing core values upon agreed with the group. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll cling to a conservative Christian upbringing, but you'll be more likely to adjust your values to your primary group. Fe is not just "caring about others." ANYBODY can care about others.
    Another Fi-er telling an Fe aux what Fe is. Gotta love it.



    My dad was an ISTJ. I've known several ISTJs, and a couple of INTJs, and I really don't think they're Fe folks. Why would a "lone wolf" INTJ have tert Fe? That doesn't even make sense.
    Both of these cases would exhibit tert Fe, which might be very watered down. I also know ISTJs and they are very gregarious, Fe-ish individuals, moreso than Fi, imo.

    You haven't adequately described why you think this, other than to say you "feel" that way. I mean, I totally relate to saying I feel a certain way about something, but in this particular instance, since you're making up new function orders, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to ask you to give a more detailed explanation to why you think you see Fe in common ITJ behavior.
    I can't do much more than that unfortunately, because this is more philosophy than science. It's not really psychology yet, because we can't test anything. As to your question, I have said in various posts on here recently (i hate rehashing in case you missed that ), that I just know INTJs to be more considerate of others, more accommodating of others in their opinions, and more likely to be interested in in finding out what others are like and interested in. I think this is a weaker function in them, as I've said. Why do they use Fe? I don't think it drives them unless they are trying to spread the word of one of their theories, for personal reasons, or because they need to extravert to feed their Ni. This could also be why INTJs tend to act and dress conservatively; they wish to fit in more with society, which would be more an Fe trait too. They don't want to offend others. Yes, Ni/Te is very stubborn, but not necessarily governed by personal principles as per Fi, more their own identified principles through Ni/Te. Yet this is hard to see too because our principles are dictated by many other things, including a functional and healthy childhood, household dynamics, and the status of our egos.

    It's very possible your Fi feels it as Fi, because it could manifest as such a weak Fe, person and age depending. If I were to think on the differences between Fi dom/aux/tert I'd have a harder time describing them, because Fi is not my strength. Maybe, just maybe, some of the warm interplay between enfps and intjs is the Fi/Fe Ti/Te mix in addition to the Ni/Ne mix.


    This sounds like Ti....
    Srsly? That's just common sense. But thank you.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


Similar Threads

  1. Long Hair V.S. Short Hair
    By kyuuei in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 08:07 PM
  2. [NF] NF: since we think 'differently' than normal folks...
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 10:54 AM
  3. Range in MBTI types.
    By Nillerz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
  4. Thinking/Feeling game: Same Difference
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO