User Tag List

First 123 Last

I didn't know that. Here, there's only... psychologists and psychiatrists. I think? Perhaps the rules are different in your country. All psychogists here are Phds however.. but I'm not sure if their degree falls under the category of "medical degree". Either way, they're not necessarily helpful. Sometimes just a friend willing to listen is as helpful as it gets.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think it's haphazard/waste of time when there isn't an element of empathy, which often requires 'active' listening..

Kdude, sorry to hear that. Some psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and counselors, people, for whatever reason, have a stick up their u know what because they get so entangled with the process of therapy that they forget to tailor the art of just being themselves. So this anal retentive process gets hindered by falsely analyzing other people's problems by projecting their own unresolved issues onto others.

I think there are great therapists/psychologists out there- especially working with child psychology, development/learning, cognitive/humanistic psychologists, and social workers, counselors who really do unerstand.

Then, there are one's like Dr. Phil, who actually lost his liscence for mal-proactice, but then maintains his entertainment biz, bc of pr. Anyway, deep listening/empathy are key in this kind of profession.. it's a huge part of validating people's experiences in order to get to the big picture in an unconditional/accepting kind of way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yup. I wouldn't mind being psychoanalyzed either.
    Would you like me to send Hannibal Lecter to talk to you. When you can be analysed by a psycho.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Would you like me to send Hannibal Lecter to talk to you. When you can be analysed by a psycho.

I'd like to be analysed by a psycho!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    A psychoanalyst must first obtain a medical degree, then they are psychoanalysed themselves, then they practise psychoanalysis under supervision until they graduate.

A psychologist has no medical degree, has not been psychoanalysed, and has not been trained in psychoanalysis.
    Psh...I don't have a medical degree.

Phantonym

[img]Goody Two-Shoes[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Again, Saint Kat took the words right out of my mouth. Bring it on, analyzing psychos.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

it's just another thing to do in life................

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Very well then, tell me about your child hood. Actually, scratch that, just tell me if you think your complexion would go better with lettice or tomato?

MBTI
    ISTP

there are two types of minds. most are intrasocial, and act on impulses without question, and far fewer are intersocial and analyze their own impulses and those of others.

it is important to remember that it is not the impulse but what it creates which is good or evil. psychoanalysis, the study of impulses, is also an impulse just as you are seeing someone looking into a mirror when you look in the mirror.

the intersocial mind collects knowledge about people, and as we all know, knowledge is power. power is the mark of those who stand above the herd, and just as an impulse can create good or evil, people with such power can be heros or villians, influencing others to act on impulses which create good or evil. appearances are often deceiving and sometimes it is those who appear to be heros that are villians (far too many politicians) and villians that are are the [anti] hero. personally, I think man is ignorant (therefore weak) and far more often cannot resist corruption once they have power.

of course, [the greater] good always triumphs, so I consider it the sign of a winner.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Very well then, tell me about your child hood. Actually, scratch that, just tell me if you think your complexion would go better with lettice or tomato?
    I don't know, they both have warm colours, warm colours don't really suit me. Don't you have any blue veggies?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.