• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The other meaning of INTJ

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
So I was doing some reading on the INTJ Forum and found out how the letters correspond and was wandering if anybody could tell me if I'm right or wrong.
OK so since my first letter is "I" then i introvert my dominant function and since my last letter is "J" that means i extrovert my third letter of "T" so leaving me with my dominant function of "N" of which i introvert....lol

anybody think I'm right or wrong?

P.S. is the second letter always your dominant function?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Er, no. The relation between type and functions is quite difficult...
Here goes.

The type determines which is your dominant and auxiliary function. One of them is a judging function, the other is a perceiving function.

1) Look at the two middle letters of the type. The second letter determines whether your perceiving function is a sensing (Se or Si) or an intuition (Ne or Ni) function. The third determines whether your judging function is a thinking (Te or Ti) or a feeling (Fe or Fi) function.
INTJ: perceiving function is Ne or Ni; judging function is Te or Ti.

2) The last letter determines which of the functions is the extraverted one. If you're a J, the extraverted function is the judging function; and the perceiving function is the introverted one. For Perceivers it's the other way around.
INTJ: judging function is Te; perceiving function is Ni.

3) The first letter determines which of these functions is the dominant one. Extraverts have their extraverted function as the dominant one.
INTJ: dominant is Ni, auxiliary is Te.

The second letter isn't always the dominant. If you take the steps with your extraverted cousin the ENTJ, you'll get...
Same for step (1) and (2): Te and Ni.
Different for step (3): Te is dominant, Ni is auxiliary.

Just one more example... your opposite the ESFP:
1) SF: Se or Si and Fe or Fi.
2) P: Se and Fi
3) E: Se is dominant, Fi is auxiliary.

deleted
So I was doing some reading on the INTJ Forum and found out how the letters correspond and was wandering if anybody could tell me if I'm right or wrong.
OK so since my first letter is "I" then i introvert my dominant function and since my last letter is "J" that means i extrovert my third letter of "T" so leaving me with my dominant function of "N" of which i introvert....lol

anybody think I'm right or wrong?

P.S. is the second letter always your dominant function?

You're right, INTJs go Ni then Te. For Js the 3rd letter is always the Extroverted function, but for Ps the 2nd letter is always the Extroverted function.

So if you're Introverted, then the Extroverted function is postponed as the 2nd function.

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
OK, that makes more sense. so basically I was right about my introverted and extroverted functions except that the "exact" same process i used wouldn't work with other types, i would have to reverse some things. so basically to answer the question of "is the second letter always dominant"? The answer is no not if your type is IxxP or ExxJ?

So Tamske if the first letter is an E like yours does that mean that your last letter tells which function is introverted? Or do you still use the last letter to tell which is extroverted and thus is also your dominant and the only letter left is you secondary? a little confusing but i think you know what I'm saying.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
OK, that makes more sense. so basically I was right about my introverted and extroverted functions except that the "exact" same process i used wouldn't work with other types, i would have to reverse some things.
Indeed.

So Tamske if your first letter is an E like yours does that mean that your last letter tells which function is introverted?
No, the last letter always says which function is extraverted. I've got the N and T like you, but the P says the functions are Ne and Ti (unlike your Ni and Te).
The first says whether your dominant is an _e or an _i function.
My E says Ne comes first, then Ti.

E _ _ J: third letter+e, second letter+i (eg ENTJ -> TeNi)
I _ _ J: second letter+i, third letter+e (eg INTJ -> NiTe)
E _ _ P: second letter+e, third letter+i (eg ENTP -> NeTi)
I _ _ P: third letter+i, second letter+e (eg INTP -> TiNe)

sorry to add something else to the table but does it mean anything that three of my letters get the same percent or does that just say how for into the INTJ hole I am? lol
Same percentages don't mean anything, even not how far you've got into the INTJ hole :)
How far you've got into the hole is determined by how high the percentages are.

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
OK thanks i edited my last post before you replied and i think i had it, but you definitely explained it to me better then i could have made sense of it specially all of em at once like you did.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah and you also changed type!
Now my posts are wrong... they are written assuming you're an INTJ.
What's happened? Why did you join the dark random, procrastinating and improvising side? :D