Default Happiness function

Which is it, if any?
    Which are they, if many?

MBTI
    ISTP

Which is it, if any?

E

Which are they, if many?

Not-neuroticism/emotionalstability, outside of MBTI as a second factor.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think the extraverted functions in general tend to give people their sense of happiness, although the exact flavor depends on type.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Which is it, if any?

E
    Didn't thought of that, but seems reasonable. What jungian function would you go for?
    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Which are they, if many?

Not-neuroticism/emotionalstability, outside of MBTI as a second factor.
    That's an important one. I remember that the public domain FFM questionnaire stated that negative feelings are a factor of neuroticism, whereas positive are a factor of extraversion. Sounds logical to put those two together.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think the extraverted functions in general tend to give people their sense of happiness, although the exact flavor depends on type.
    How would you rank (or score) the functions by happiness? How about F/T? I've been under the impression that F might be happier..

I've also thought if those with dominant extroverted judging function might be happier.. perhaps also when secondary? Does it make a person more happier to be a doer?

I don't think any function makes you happier. I can see why people might think F is happier than T, because Fs tend to be warmer and that looks like happiness, but warmth and happiness aren't equivalent. Sometimes I think it's the exact opposite: T seems to make everything in life simpler. But no, it doesn't. Ts are just as confused and befuddled as the rest of us. I can see nothing inherently good or bad about any of the functions.

Whether we're hardwired that way or nurtured that way, we approach the world in a certain way, and approaching the world that way makes us vulnerable to certain natural consequences that others aren't as vulnerable to. Would you rather look out of your left eye or your right, if you had to cover one? Every way of thinking leads to its oversights. I don't think any of the functions gives you a head-start or makes you more inclined to happiness. There's no way that's possible, because we all can recount bad times.

I think we all have our problems, and I think the best solution to problems is probably thinking highly of yourself, and thinking of things from several different angles. The more ways you can see the world, the better off you are. You have less chance of getting 'stuck' on one route. When the road you're on is blocked, you can try another. You can shift your perspective. That's why I think that as we get older, more and more, we tend to use functions, or 'routes,' that aren't as familiar to us. The more ways we can observe a problem, the quicker it gets solved.

Being an F has its problems which are related to being F. Same with being T, and any other type. In the MBTI, being a certain personality creates problems that are inherent of that approach to life. Now if we're talking about personality traits like confidence, self-esteem, open-mindedness, etc, that's a difference story. Those things can be correlated to happiness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Aerobic exercise.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Didn't thought of that, but seems reasonable. What jungian function would you go for?

That's an important one. I remember that the public domain FFM questionnaire stated that negative feelings are a factor of neuroticism, whereas positive are a factor of extraversion. Sounds logical to put those two together.
    I don't, really... but any extroverted function in dominant position would be the logical conclusion. A quick search shows that it is likely N is also somewhat related to happiness. So dominant Ne or secondary Ni would likely be the happiest.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Pt I think you're just excusing your own unhappiness.

It's no more logical to say that Fi getting its way... or any introverted function that's allowed to run its course would be any less happy.

What about an SP who gets all the candy she wants? Even an introverted one.

Or an ISFJ who gets married and has kids and gets to perpetuate all the things her mother did?

I hope this thread is a joke that I didn't pick up on the humor of.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Actually if you want to, the happy types going by socionics theory would be ENTx, INFx, ISTx, and ESFx, and ISFx, INTx, ESTx and ENFx the unhappy ones.