• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Silly Therapy (tm)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Edahn, if seriousness is learnt, and you're trying to relax that attachment with silliness, isn't it a rather serious endeavour for silliness? :huh:

Good eye! It can be, but it doesn't have to be. The endeavor must be exercised and attempted with fun and curiosity instead of heaviness and guilt. I tried to address that a bit in saying that it's supposed to be fun, and not a chore.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll be glad to have you too. (and throw in Eddie please)

Yaaaay! *breaks out in spontaneous wild wiggly dancing ala Ann-Margret*

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yaaaay! *breaks out in spontaneous wild wiggly dancing ala Ann-Margret*

*sneaks look at boss*

*jiggles bottom on chair while smiling ala Mona Lisa*

*takes a bow*

That my friends, is the difference between truly Se silliness ;), and a controlled Ti silliness.

This one's for you, Pink: People living deeply have no fear of death. - Anais Nin.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sneaks look at boss*

*jiggles bottom on chair while smiling ala Mona Lisa*

*takes a bow*

That my friends, is the difference between truly Se silliness ;), and a controlled Ti silliness.

*discrete golf-clap-level applause*

This one's for you, Pink: People living deeply have no fear of death. - Anais Nin.

I love that. :heart:

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Wow. I need this therapy hard core.

A good step which has rubbed off on me is to surround yourself with RIDICULOUSLY silly people. It rubs off. An ESFP that I'm good friends with practically makes it his life goal to be a complete and total ass. I think one of my favorites is when he ran around jumping on chairs as a demented captain planet wearing a pair of tightie whities on the outside of his clothes and purple marker smeared all over his face.

Me, on the other hand, am absolutely terrified of looking anything but in control of myself. And I hate attention, so that's another reason not to be silly. Usually, when I try to be silly and think back/see video or pictures I'm absolutely ashamed of myself. :(

O

Oberon

What's the last silly thing you did?

I sang Patsy Cline’s classic “Crazy” to my children in the voice of Elmer Fudd:

Cwazy
Cwazy for feewing so wonewy...
I’m cwazy
Cwazy for feewing so bwue...

That was last week, though. I know I’ve done silly things since then.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow. I need this therapy hard core.

A good step which has rubbed off on me is to surround yourself with RIDICULOUSLY silly people. It rubs off. An ESFP that I'm good friends with practically makes it his life goal to be a complete and total ass. I think one of my favorites is when he ran around jumping on chairs as a demented captain planet wearing a pair of tightie whities on the outside of his clothes and purple marker smeared all over his face.

Me, on the other hand, am absolutely terrified of looking anything but in control of myself. And I hate attention, so that's another reason not to be silly. Usually, when I try to be silly and think back/see video or pictures I'm absolutely ashamed of myself. :(

Dude, start right here! In this thread. Post something totally retarded... a picture of yourself picking your nose... a really bad joke... a SUPER SUPER embarrassing story that you can laugh at... the dumbest question you ever asked in public... or just one of the above. It's liberating, I promise.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Uhm... okay.. I'm not ridiculously ashamed of this one..

c172.jpg

is that good?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Uhm... okay.. I'm not ridiculously ashamed of this one..is that good?[/QUOTE]

I can call my brother, who's been picking his nose for years now, and ask him if that's officially a pick or a push. From this vantage point, it looks like a push. So, I'm gonna have to go with no. I'm sure you can make a bigger ass out of yourself.

I'll make you a deal. I'll post a nose-pic if you do. :P

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been known to strut around the neighborhood in my rabbit suit, although I'm not sure that qualifies as therapy as much as it does exercise. It's way too big for me and the tail dangles around my back knees. Strange thing is I never feel the least bit silly doing it. :huh:

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Oh. I was just going for goofy. You want a legitimate nose pick.

..gragh.. okay.. wow. This is really hard for me. XD Especially without makeup...

*runs off to get picture*

:dry:

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
I've been known to strut around the neighborhood in my rabbit suit, although I'm not sure that qualifies as therapy as much as it does exercise. It's way too big for me and the tail dangles around my back knees. Strange thing is I never feel the least bit silly doing it. :huh:

Oh, that I have no problem with. I cosplay a chocobo at anime cons. X3

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is like my life.

It's a good thing to try out, but if you try it out occasionally then people will think you are too erratic, and if you act this way all the time then people won't take you seriously anymore.