User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Publically I am serious with an occasional, unexpected ridiculous behavior that shocks everyone. That is what makes being serious deliciously fun. There is nothing I enjoy more than letting people put me in a box only to pop out the moment they think they have me figured out.
    There's nothing better than showing people they've underestimated you.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    An ESFP that I'm good friends with practically makes it his life goal to be a complete and total ass. I think one of my favorites is when he ran around jumping on chairs as a demented captain planet wearing a pair of tightie whities on the outside of his clothes and purple marker smeared all over his face.

LOL -- ESFPs, man. They really cut loose.

LOL @ Toonia's rabbit suit!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

I've always danced. That's usually how I retreated into my head, pretended I was dancing with someone or on stage performing to the radio. So I never really got that self conscious about dancing in front of people. Most don't pay attention to you anyway. School dances, I'd move to a corner so I had enough room to bounce around, and now I go to con raves and it's a whole lot of fun.
    I looooove dancing. Sometimes, I feel a LITTLE self conscious, but the more I'm dancing the less self conscious I feel. If I'm in the corner, I kinda start bopping around... but then I eventually want to go on the dance floor and let loose. haha. I actually have the most dancing fun with my INFP cousin. We're kinda quiet at first... slowly start bopping around near the wall... and then we just go on the dance floor & go nuts.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Disagreed! If you're practicing controlled silliness, it's tricky. But if you really let yourself go, you can absolutely change your mindset. The physical actions are just vehicles to help you let go.
    So you didn't disagree with me. It starts with an open mind towards silliness, not doing silly things.

What makes silliness so much better than seriousness?

p.s. here's my contribution, picture-wise. I think this was taken a year or two ago. I'm not sure what I was saying, but I have a belt around my neck and that's the important thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    So you didn't disagree with me. It starts with an open mind towards silliness, not doing silly things.
    Eh... being silly is a way to open your mind up. It's a way to build momentum, even if you're forcing it, that will eventually tear you apart from the non-stop judging of yourself, and of other. What sucks about seriousness (which as I see it, is mostly a result of judgments and self-consciousness) is most apparent when you actually stop judging things and yourself. Things become alive; you're able to express yourself fully and joyfully. You can see things more realistically when they're freed of your judgments, like other people and their worth, which is usually diluted by judgments and evaluations. It's a lot like turning yourself into a piece of music or a painting, where you seem to flow effortlessly with the beat of life, moment-by-moment, instead of hiding from it from fear of rejection. A great example is to think of some time you thought something bad was going to happen, got really awkward, and then suddenly released all that tension. I think about meeting someone I like and getting all awkward trying to maintain the flow of conversation, and then realizing they've got a boyfriend. There's a sudden release of anxiety that results in massive amounts of genuineness, self-love, and surprisingly (or not so much), empathy (in my experience). I know you're more confident in romantic situations than I am, so you'll have to find an equivalent mental laxative.

What makes silliness so much better than seriousness?
    Eh, being silly is a way to open up -- just kidding. (See above.) The basic reason is that it promotes contentment (through genuineness, art, and self-love), friendship (through empathy), and wisdom (through non-distortion). I suppose the common denominator is intimacy (with self, others, and environment/nature). Judgments that are confused with reality only lead to distortion as they are absolutely 100% NOT REAL. There is no particle in the universe called good or evil, or sweet and mean. They're all projected from our minds. From what I recall, you're a moral objectivist, so we may butt heads here.

p.s. here's my contribution, picture-wise. I think this was taken a year or two ago. I'm not sure what I was saying, but I have a belt around my neck and that's the important thing.
    Cute.

(P.S. That's not silly. :P)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I looooove dancing. Sometimes, I feel a LITTLE self conscious, but the more I'm dancing the less self conscious I feel. If I'm in the corner, I kinda start bopping around... but then I eventually want to go on the dance floor and let loose. haha. I actually have the most dancing fun with my INFP cousin. We're kinda quiet at first... slowly start bopping around near the wall... and then we just go on the dance floor & go nuts.
    I love dancing too! It's a chore if I'm trying to appear to be a good dancer or get close to my date, but it's SUCH A BLAST when you just don't give a shit. It makes me beam.

Oberon

There's nothing better than showing people they've underestimated you.
    Yes, actually... but only one.

That is showing people they've underestimated you, but when it's too late for the information to be useful to them and you've already won.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    (P.S. That's not silly. :P)
    It is if I say it is, right?

Anyways, my picture is vastly superior to anything else that's been posted. Probably on the whole site.
    I don't wanna!

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Anyways, my picture is vastly superior to anything else that's been posted. Probably on the whole site.
    I beg to differ. Shameless repost from the picture thread aside, this is me being a little silly:

I let it out in tiny bursts though, I'm not nearly silly enough. Definitely gonna look into that 3-step program of yours.

On a related note, how about expanding it to a 12-step, similar to another certain reformation program.... Just making a very rough draft here:

#1: We admitted we were powerless over our own seriousness—that our lives had become unmanageable.
    #2: Came to believe that a Power sillier than ourselves could restore us to insanity.
    #3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our favourite silly friend as we understood Him (or Her).
    #4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    #5: Admitted to our cat, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our insecurities.
    #6: Were entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.
    #7: Humbly asked aforementioned friend to help us remove our shortcomings.
    #8: Made a list of all persons we had been serious with, and became willing to play practical jokes on them all.
    #9: Made such people laugh both at and with you wherever possible, except when to do so - no, wait, without exception.
    #10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were too serious promptly proceeded to sing Scissor Sisters' "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" in class or at work.
    #11: Sought through silliness and raging extravagance to improve our conscious interaction with life as we understood it, only for knowledge of how to lighten up the very dreariest of situations, and the power to carry that out.
    #12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other uptight, boring or otherwise overly serious people, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
    Last edited by Forfe; 12-07-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: list formatting probluuhms o_o

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Why is someone strangling Boo with a belt? This causes concerns of impending abrupt mortality.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious