• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I really wish that Gardner's 8 forms of intelligence...

Noon

I always score highest in Verbal/Linguistic, Musical, Intrapersonal, and Visual/Spatial. Even in learning styles, Verbal/Linguistic is always first, followed by Musical, Visual, and Social (interactive learning, not Interpersonal intelligence) in varying order. I'm pretty sure I'm an ISFP but I still find myself trying to cross off ISFJ for good.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I score high on musical a lot, and I have no musical talent :huh:
I also score high on intrapersonal (no shock), math/logic, visual/spatial, and verbal/linguistic. So basically, I'm good at everything :cool: :tongue:
Seriously though, the test questions have a lot to do with where the above lands. I consistently never score well on bodily/kinesthetic, naturalist, and interpersonal. I also think I am good at math because of my iNtuition, not due to a Thinking function.

I'd put myself in this order, although I feel that some in the middle are probably on par with each other:

visual/spatial
intrapersonal
linguistic/verbal
math/logic
musical
bodily/kinesthetic
interpersonal
naturalist

-----

I took the OKcupid test (which has some dumb questions though - more like trivia than measuring strengths).

OkCupid | Take Howard Gardner's Eight Types of Intelligence Test

Intrapersonal

"This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. Those who are strongest in this intelligence are typically introverts and prefer to work alone. They are usually highly self-aware and capable of understanding their own emotions, goals and motivations. They often have an affinity for thought-based pursuits such as philosophy. They learn best when allowed to concentrate on the subject by themselves. There is often a high level of perfectionism associated with this intelligence.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include philosophers, psychologists, theologians, writers and scientists."

8% Logical, 45% Spatial, 45% Linguistic, 51% Intrapersonal, 25% Interpersonal, 43% Musical, 4% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 0% Naturalistic!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'm usually good at the ones that don't really count. :D

wolfy

awsm
These are always at the top which I guess correlates to isfp well enough.

bodily/kinesthetic
visual/spatial
intrapersonal

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
great thread. i've only read the linguistic section, and i'd say it was Ni, but it wasn't perfectly clean. it's a great start, tho.

Ni--linguistic
Fe--interpersonal
Ti--logico-mathematical
Se--spatial
Ne--?? (musical is Ne/Se experience functions of the brain, focused on temporal awareness)
Si--bodily awareness (why those isj 6s are so damned finicky with their food!)
Fi--intrapersonal (reflective awareness, seems to fit)
Te--naturalist (empiricist???? organization, efficiency, utilization, implementation)

linguistic is so rough, it's more like semantic if Ni. the grammar is all Fe/Te, which should be defined by the term "assemblage," so it's not like there's a one size fits all left brained linguistic intelligence. especially when you start to compare the Ti form of pragmatics vs the Ni semantics, and you can see how language meaning is stored in a wide variety of brain functions/pathways.

redacted

You're looking for correlations where there really aren't many.

It's like trying to put a square peg in a circular hole.

I guess it fits if you bend it around and sand the sides down.