User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 138

Thread: Extreme empaths

  1. #21
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Fe feels what someone feels right now, whatever it actually is. it may not be able to predict what the very same person will feel if his situation changes, but it can likely predict how that specific individual would react to a having a specific feeling. this is because introverted perception creates a virtual subject that has a specific character (modeled after the observed person) that would feel about a given thing in a given way, and it can tell how the very same character would react if that specific emotional logic is triggered in a certain way.

    Fi feels what it (itself) would feel like in a fictional circumstance, so Fi can be empathic about poorly told stories about what happened to someone (Fe cant do that) (stories that do not include information about how someone felt about it), but its personal, meaning it only works reliably if the empath and "target" are similar in what the fictional situation means to them. that's like "do unto others as you would want to be treated". of course, a deep personality can chose a part of their own subject, that is similar to the target, and feel about the fictional situation with that specific part of themselves. this selection process is what introversion does in the realm of the introverted function. Fi can also assume that one emotional logic is likely paired with another emotional logic in the same individual. that's why Fi can tell how a fictional situation would likely trigger a specific emotional logic that has not yet been observed in the individual.

    this selection of a specific part of ones own subject, which matches the observed individual is also what introversion does in the realm of intuition or sensing. that's why introverted perception is all about sharing views (knowing what one can understand, how he interprets, what reaction his interpretation will likely activate), which is not empathy but a cool profiling, and what i said above about how Fe can predict a reaction to an emotion, the emotion being the product of an interpretation, is related to and dependent on that. usually Fe is combined with introverted perception. if it is not, like in the case of Ti-dom with Fe shadow, that profiling thing does not work very well.

    none of that is mere sympathy. sympathy meaning that you recognize someone as buddy if he coincidentally feels, thinks or appreciates (taste=sensing) what you happen to like to begin with. sympathy does not require any amount of introversion in any function, because it does not require selection or compilation of a specific subjectivity that matches the person you are dealing with.

    a bit disorderly this text ... but meh

  2. #22
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    Fe feels what someone feels right now, whatever it actually is. ... Fi feels what it (itself) would feel like in a fictional circumstance
    Do you have a source? I find this to be absolutely false.

  3. #23
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    that would be me and my observation of other people. i dont cook by any book.

  4. #24
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    that would be me and my observation of other people. i dont cook by any book.
    Your observation? Do people have Fi and Fe written into their DNA? How do you know the behaviors you observe can be attributed to them?

    Why redefine as you see fit what already has a definition?

  5. #25
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    actually the abstract principle of introversion (meta-subjectivity, as described, compiling a specific subject to see (NS), think (T) or feel in a specific way), which was defined by jung and which is sort of proved by the fact that it makes sense and can be observed, is what dictates which type of feeling (or any function) is to be labeled extroverted and which one is to be labeled introverted. the introverted one is the one with meta-subjectivity. the extroverted one is the one without it. other than that, yes some individuals (an i prefer extroverted people for orientation) are clearly defined enough to have their orientation of feeling written over their foreheads.

  6. #26
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    actually the abstract principle of introversion (meta-subjectivity, as described, compiling a specific subject to see (NS), think (T) or feel in a specific way), which was defined by jung and which is sort of proved by the fact that it makes sense and can be observed, is what dictates which type of feeling (or any function) is to be labeled extroverted and which one is to be introverted. the introverted one is the one with meta-subjectivity. the extroverted one is the one without it. other than that, yes some individuals (an i prefer extroverted people for orientation) are clearly defined enough to have their orientation of feeling written over their foreheads.
    I am well-aware that extraverted processes are objective and introverted processes are subjective. But the way you applied that knowledge was incorrect. Don't forget that the feeling processes are about values, NOT interpretations of the feelings of others.

  7. #27
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    The Renaissance in the Noosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    that was an interesting post victor. i also feel that in the modern western world there is a growth in narcissism... it profits the system. there are so many sad people around who are feeding their wants and suppressing their needs. it is hard for a thinking, feeling individual to live in a society, which sort of "forces" us to think that things that aren't important, should be... i often feel like there's this pressure to believe that we aren't capable... that we need this and that to function and that fleeting pleasures are the only thing we should be seeking. i am sad that there seems to be this decrease in valuing life. everything is only to be enjoyed and to superficially feed our infantile egos... it's like we are pressured to find our little place and stay there, but not to question, not to really take part, not to grow... i don't know if i'm seeing this objectively at all, but i feel like there's an imbalance.
    For the Ancient Greeks to be free was to take part in public life.

    But in a narcissistic society to be free means to enjoy our private life.

    So in Ancient Greece to be free was to be a responsible adult.

    But today to be free is freedom to consume.

    To be free today means to be an infant all your life.

    Fortunately our society is based on Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and Humanism. So to grow up we don't need to invent anything new, all we need to do it to recover our Ancient Greek heritage.

    And we have done this once before. After a lapse of one thousand years we recovered our Ancient Greek heritage in the Renaissance.

    And just as our Ancient Greek heritage was kept for us in the libraries of Christian monasteries, so today our Ancient Greek heritage is awaiting us on the internet. It is only a click away and Ancient Greek is such a beautiful language.

    And so a second Renaissance is in the offing. A second Renaissance is blowing in the wind. Indeed the noosphere is a second Renaissance.

  8. #28
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Methinks Fi users will dominate this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    No.

    The empathy being described is a physical response, much like fear. It is not a value. It is not concerned with morality.

    It is neither Fi nor Fe.
    15 respondents.

    9 (primarily) Fi users.

    4 (primarily) Fe users.

    2 ambiguous (Fx) respondents.

    My comment speaks for itself.

  9. #29
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Are you afraid of stating your point?

    If you are not, why rely upon winks to get it across?

  10. #30
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    15 respondents.

    9 (primarily) Fi users.

    4 (primarily) Fe users.

    2 ambiguous (Fx) respondents.

    My comment speaks for itself.
    I responded, and I'm not represented within this demographic.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] The Empath (INFJ)
    By wedekit in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
  2. moments of extreme empathy
    By Grayscale in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 01:36 AM
  3. Check it out, new extreme sport
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
  4. An extremely important note for all posters
    By Mycroft in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO