User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Eye contact

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tastes_like_purple View Post
    Eye contact is okay as long as the person looking at you blinks a couple of times otherwise im like get out of my face freak D:

I tend to make alot of eye contact but i know how to apply it with different people to get the best results
    We have a seductress in our midst.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I personally love eye contact, but with other guys, there's a certain primitive "wanna go bitch" part of the male brain that activates when two guys make eye contact.
    Us = ALPHAs
    Them = betas

I have a VERY intense stare...

...Personally, I have an immediate distrust of those who wont, or will only fleetingly make eye contact with me.
    Agreed, me too. The ability to maintain eye contact is an instantaneously noticeable trait of an assertive person.

Those who do not have the ability to look others in the eyes are immediately suspected of not being 100% truthful, or not being competent.

Stand up straight and tell the world what you need of it, and it shall be yours. Mutter at your feet and your dreams will not be realized.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    AH!

:eek:

Oh man, that was scary!

Don't frighten me like that, Biscuit.

You know my little INFP heart can't take those demented and soul-destroying ENTJ eyes of yours.

That was simply

too.

much.

If that was too much how about something a more light hearted.

Here I am (whilst an undergrad) with the guy who started my Family in the Fraternity. (We were called Walls of Troy b/c we were all huge dudes, the other guy in the pic is 6'8")

And for good measure.

MBTI
    INFP

I make eye contact to show that I don't feel threatened by the people around me.

If I'm talking with/listening to someone, my eye contact is almost constant (for l the purpose of giving them my full attention/thorough comprehension).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I personally love eye contact, but with other guys, there's a certain primitive "wanna go bitch" part of the male brain that activates when two guys make eye contact.
    yeah, especially when you meet another guy for the first time - the very first eye contact you make has a lot of that element in it. i think that initial contact frees you up a lot, and after that you are able to be pretty open and relaxed.

your chair in the water picture is pretty classic, too.
    i love doing the chair in the water, it brings me a lot of joy. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've always made eye contact with people when they're talking... unless I'm trying to signal them to "piss off." ha ha!

I've always been that way, too. For me, I was giving them a signal that I cared about what they were saying, plus I can watch them and absorb all the cues they are putting off... not just the words themselves.
    i make a HUGE amount of eye contact, i do think it helps you focus on the communication. i am not a blinker either, i don't blink.
    but to me it is instinctual, for me it is very hard not to look someone in the eye.

unless I'm trying to signal them to "piss off." ha ha!
    i think that when i want somebody to piss off it is a lot easier and much more effective to make LOTS of eye contact, to tell them through your eyes.

also,
    when my wife makes eye contact she is looking for something inside the other person, some kind of fundamental part of that person.
    whereas when i make eye contact i am more relating to that person through myself, so i think eye contact for me is about looking for something inside myself that will pull us together.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I have a bit trouble with making eye contact. In the past it was much worse though, I was nearly not able to do some as a child. Learned later from myself by using tricks like looking at the forehead or between the eyes so that it looked around the same.

I am able to do so now a bit better, but often I still avoid it if possible, since they tell way too much about myself, especially when I am sad. But on the other hand it can be very interesting to see other peoples' eyes, since they can Tell much too. And some can be very beautiful *sigh*

I heard already relative often I would have nice eyes; don't Know then how to react, makes me for some reason feel uncomfortable.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I have a bit trouble with making eye contact. In the past it was much worse though, I was nearly not able to do some as a child. Learned later from myself by using tricks like looking at the forehead or between the eyes so that it looked around the same.

I am able to do so now a bit better, but often I still avoid it if possible, since they tell way too much about myself, especially when I am sad. But on the other hand it can be very interesting to see other peoples' eyes, since they can Tell much too. And some can be very beautiful *sigh*

I heard already relative often I would have nice eyes; don't Know then how to react, makes me for some reason feel uncomfortable.
    Lets get Biaxident to give a clinic on eye contact for INFPS! Because he won't look away.

MBTI
    ENTP

Interesting. When dudes try to lock eyes with me I assume they're fags and want to rub their pole against mine. So, of course, I don't want to send them the signal that I like rubbing poles so I try to only look at women. How could I tell the difference between say, someone like you, and a faggot?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

I like eye contact. It's necessary to see who is susceptible to mind control.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Interesting. When dudes try to lock eyes with me I assume they're fags and want to rub their pole against mine. So, of course, I don't want to send them the signal that I like rubbing poles so I try to only look at women. How could I tell the difference between say, someone like you, and a faggot?
    The straight guy isn't gazing at you with moist lips and a hard on?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro