User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Eye contact

I have never been uncomfortable with eye contact. It was just the way I was taught. My mother and my teachers would always say you should look at someone when they're talking.

But, I sometimes have a tendency to stare if I find someone interesting. So I try to time how long I look at someone when in a conversation and I look them in the eye every once in awhile to make sure they're still engaged.

About the whole guy/girl thing. I find that guys are more squeamish. I can look at a girl's eyes for longer without her getting uncomfortable. With guy's it seems more aggressive. I think when I make eye contact with a guy it says something like this, "Know your place or I'll put you in it. Don't mess with me and I won't mess with you."
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
    Marilyn Monroe

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I wish I didn't have to worry about eye contact. It just complicates social interactions, and makes me feel more awkward.

Throughout my life, my parents, teachers, and peers have noted that I don't always make eye contact when I should and when I do, I tend to overdo it.

Its harder for me to look someone in the eye and really concentrate on the conversation. I know I have a tendency to look away when I'm thinking about what to say.

Maybe part of why eye contact feels awkward is because I mistakenly equate it to staring. I don't like people looking too closely at me, its like they're critically evaluating me, expecting something from me I'm not sure I can provide. So I'm careful not to do that too others but probably err too much in the other direction and not give enough eye contact.

Sometimes eye contact is overwhelming. I'm quite sensitive to peoples' facial expressions, and if the vibe they're giving off in their eyes looks threatening in any way, I'm less inclined to want to make eye contact with them.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

All Natural! All Good! Array

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    Its harder for me to look someone in the eye and really concentrate on the conversation. I know I have a tendency to look away when I'm thinking about what to say.
    Same. I can't hold eye contact and think at the same time.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.