• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wasting Time

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know if this is something different types would feel differently about, but I'm curious: what qualifies, in your mind, as wasting time? How do you feel about wasting time?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I'm not doing anything that I'm enjoying. If I'm doing nothing and enjoying it, then I don't consider it wasted time.

And I hate it. I get bored when I waste time, and boredom depresses me.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Masturbation.

and

Sleeping, biggest waste of time.

I would also classify spending time on the internet a big waste of time, because you don't get anything out of it.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i'm wasting time all the time and i hate it. i concider everything i do, which is not towards a goal, or social irl a waste of time. sometimes you need to waste time, like read novels, or just hang out by yourself, but i do it too much.

P

Phantonym

Doing something for an extended period of time without getting a sense of movement towards something significant, accumulation of at least something (no matter how little) that adds to the general development of something.

I can usually rationalize everything I do, find importance in every activity and see it as progress. But there are moments when it feels like you're walking in your own footsteps and you've been going in circles for a long time without getting anywhere. I see that as a waste of time.

Obviously I don't like it. I need progress, movement towards something, I need to learn, continuously.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Any time I am not doing something productive (work, cleaning, cooking, expanding my knowledge, etc), active (sports or excercise), expending social energy (which is essential) or spending time with loved ones. If I am just laying around watching TV, looking at nonsense on the internet or anything similar, I generally feel like I am wasting my time.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
In your experience, does personality type play a role in the way people feel about wasting time? Do you think there's a difference between E/I, N/S, F/T, J/P, enneagram, etc., in their reactions to wasting time? Do different types feel differently about what constitutes "wasted time"?

MBTI Type
INFP
In your experience, does personality type play a role in the way people feel about wasting time? Do you think there's a difference between E/I, N/S, F/T, J/P, enneagram, etc., in their reactions to wasting time? Do different types feel differently about what constitutes "wasted time"?

Maybe the E would be more likely to feel like time spent alone was a waste, while an I would look back on a social situation that he or she did not particularly enjoy and consider it wasted time. Other than that, no, probably not.

I think of wasted time whenever I am not doing something that I either enjoy or challenges me. If I spend an hour creating a website layout idea, whether it's good or not, that's not wasted time. If I spend an hour wacking off, that's not wasted time. If I spend an hour backing up files, that's not wasted time.

However, if I spend an hour playing video games and I'm still bored, that's wasted time.

heart

heart on fire
Posting and reading online. :D

But the worst and most frustrating for me are the "statring into space" days. Days when I just can't stop fazing out.

Windigo

When I'm not doing anything that I'm enjoying. If I'm doing nothing and enjoying it, then I don't consider it wasted time.

And I hate it. I get bored when I waste time, and boredom depresses me.

Ditto!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have become a master during my time off from work...it's despicable really. :/

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha! does it? why is that exactly? haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i will shatter no illusions!! things are as you perceive them to be :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's nice...i have a warm spot for illusions. :)