User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Wasting Time

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Wasting Time

I don't know if this is something different types would feel differently about, but I'm curious: what qualifies, in your mind, as wasting time? How do you feel about wasting time?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I'm not doing anything that I'm enjoying. If I'm doing nothing and enjoying it, then I don't consider it wasted time.

And I hate it. I get bored when I waste time, and boredom depresses me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Masturbation.

and

Sleeping, biggest waste of time.

I would also classify spending time on the internet a big waste of time, because you don't get anything out of it.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i'm wasting time all the time and i hate it. i concider everything i do, which is not towards a goal, or social irl a waste of time. sometimes you need to waste time, like read novels, or just hang out by yourself, but i do it too much.

Phantonym

Doing something for an extended period of time without getting a sense of movement towards something significant, accumulation of at least something (no matter how little) that adds to the general development of something.

I can usually rationalize everything I do, find importance in every activity and see it as progress. But there are moments when it feels like you're walking in your own footsteps and you've been going in circles for a long time without getting anywhere. I see that as a waste of time.

Obviously I don't like it. I need progress, movement towards something, I need to learn, continuously.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Any time I am not doing something productive (work, cleaning, cooking, expanding my knowledge, etc), active (sports or excercise), expending social energy (which is essential) or spending time with loved ones. If I am just laying around watching TV, looking at nonsense on the internet or anything similar, I generally feel like I am wasting my time.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

In your experience, does personality type play a role in the way people feel about wasting time? Do you think there's a difference between E/I, N/S, F/T, J/P, enneagram, etc., in their reactions to wasting time? Do different types feel differently about what constitutes "wasted time"?

MBTI
    INTP

Time is a waste.

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    In your experience, does personality type play a role in the way people feel about wasting time? Do you think there's a difference between E/I, N/S, F/T, J/P, enneagram, etc., in their reactions to wasting time? Do different types feel differently about what constitutes "wasted time"?
    Maybe the E would be more likely to feel like time spent alone was a waste, while an I would look back on a social situation that he or she did not particularly enjoy and consider it wasted time. Other than that, no, probably not.

I think of wasted time whenever I am not doing something that I either enjoy or challenges me. If I spend an hour creating a website layout idea, whether it's good or not, that's not wasted time. If I spend an hour wacking off, that's not wasted time. If I spend an hour backing up files, that's not wasted time.

However, if I spend an hour playing video games and I'm still bored, that's wasted time.
    For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

No time is wasted!